Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Getting out of Salzburg Airport

Poster: A snowHead
I'm flying to Salzburg and land at 11:30 but I'm currently booked to transfer at 12:30, is an hour enough time to go through customs and get bags. Or shall I just change the booking till the next transfer (which is a 2 hour wait)
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Russeh, plenty of time.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Russeh, Yeh you'll be fine. Have you got your own skis?
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
ah great I was going to change it to be on the safe side but don't fancy the 2 hour wait in arrivals.

robboj, no I've got boots but I just hire skis why, would that delay things?
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
No, but you have to get your skis from a rack outside the terminal building, signs are not the clearest so anyone there for the first time can get confused as no skis come down the carousel but are taken straight outside.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
robboj, that caught be out at Christmas.... Spent quite a while waiting for them.

1 hour is plenty of time.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
One hour should be ample time to catch a transfer at Salzburg Airport.

A tip for anyone booking a transfer is to write your flight number and arrival time on the booking form (use the 'comments' section) - the drivers will usually wait if they can see that you are slightly delayed. If you are significantly delayed, they will usually re-book you onto a later transfer.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Plenty of time. Even on Saturday morning when all the charter flights land and the airport is completely crowded it takes about 30 mins. At these times the ski bags are normally on a trolley in the car park. You certainly won't want to wait at Salzburg airport for 2 hours or more, it's only a small airport, not the equivalent of a shopping mall...
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
ahh good stuff, ill leave my booking as it is then. Cheers for the info
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Russeh, If you are flying EJ and not Tour Op then ski bags will most likely appear on a trolley in the baggage hall, not outside.
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
cad99uk, yes that was the case today but I have also seen temporary carousels outside in previous seasons
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
cad99uk, Thats interesting, I'm using Jet2 for the first time in to Salzburg on Saturday. The only previous options from Scotland being charters. I'll report back on what happens but thanks for heads up so that I don't disappear through customs without them?
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Russeh, Salzburg airport is tiny, I think there is only 1 duty free shop Shocked You have bags of time!
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Shocked one duty free shop would make it at least 4 times bigger than Chambery Airport though Laughing

I'm flying with Jet2 as well, they are pretty good from previous experience
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Russeh, Only used them in summer before and they were great, I arrive later on but it will be interesting to see if the skis are same as EJ or charters?
latest report
robboj, When you get in the baggage hall ask one of the airport staff where the skis are coming out. They usually know. If not they can use their radios to ask the baggage handlers.

Edit: Before Christmas there were not many skis on the EJ flight so the skibags actually came up on the carousel with the other bags.

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Tue 14-01-14 10:25; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
On the way back, once you have checked in, there is a very reasonably priced restaurant upstairs. The chicken strips and chips in a basket is really rather tasty.
snow report
Quote:

On the way back, once you have checked in, there is a very reasonably priced restaurant upstairs. The chicken strips and chips in a basket is really rather tasty.

This is before you go through security. Airside there is very little. A small bar/snack bar (the most I paid for beer all week) and a small and expensive "duty free" shop.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy