Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Chatel Ski Hire

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hello,

Arriving in Chatel Saturday 18th of Jan for one week staying on Rue De Freignets, in Apartments Les Perce Neige. Could someone please recommend a decent ski hire place nearby please, skis only needed. Also, can anyone advise on what this area is like as I'm aware it is not in the middle of Chatel but nearer to the Linga lift.

Many thanks
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Vertical Horizons were pretty good when we used them, English too, so no language issues. Sorry, I can't direct you to a website (I'm not sure they even have one), but they can be found on Google maps and are right on the main(?) road. (Disclaimer: it was about 5 years ago)
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
When we go to Chatel we use Germain Sports near the Super Chatel gondola and they've always been good, allowing storage of skis and boots that we take along side those we hire. They also have a place at Linga, near the gondola, you could do a lot worse than using them.
We're arriving 18th too, forecast is improving Very Happy
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Vertical Horizon are walking distance from Percen Neige and also walkable to the Linga gondola. Ski bus stop within 50 yards.

As mentioned they are Brits and nice people. I know one of the skitechs but haven't rented from there.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Always had great service from Claude and Natalie at the Richard nearest the church. Wrong end of the resort, I know, but right by the bus terminus.

snowHead
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Thanks all, I have contacted vertical Horizons for some pricing and will look at the other recommendations too.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Another +1 for Vertical Horizons, very good people. I'd also recommend Pre la Joux Sports if you are going to be starting from there a lot as they will let you store gear there and they are also nice people with decent, well serviced kit.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Ski Hire 2 U are really good... should contact them, they'll come to where you're staying and fit you plus they'll come back if you have any probs with the gear...
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
sarah, I'd forgotten about them. The ski shop next to the Perdrix Blanche. We did use them one year on a late season trip when our usual hire shop was closed (it's run by his wife's cousin I think). We got good kit at a fair price and stored it in the downstairs ski lockers as both Super Chatel and Linga were closed so we only had the Pre La Joux option.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Insiders wrote:
Ski Hire 2 U are really good... should contact them, they'll come to where you're staying and fit you plus they'll come back if you have any probs with the gear...

Cannot recommend Ski Hire 2 U. Friends recently had no choice of kit, wrong size poles brought and skis not well tuned. The guy just turns up and you get what's in the van that is roughly ok for you. Length and type of skis was not appropriate for one in party. And finally a 9pm collection from the chalet is not great really. Though to be fair to them my friends did not ask them to come back and change the kit which is what I suggested they do. Ski Hire 2 U are probably ok, certainly their website is great and seems to suggest they have a lot of good kit, and the drop off service is convenient but there are better places with more choice IMO.

DJL yes next to the Perdrix, very good. And with the advantage that any problems you are straight back into the shop.
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Each to their own, I've never had any problems with their stuff... I book advanced equipment, which - like everywhere - will always be the best stuff. And with regards to tuning, I always take my Files with me so I can tune up during the week. Yes edges are supersharp on the first day but, to be fair, I'd rather my edges be too sharp than not sharp enough...
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Insiders, yes they booked 'expert' category, think the edges weren't sharp at all rather than too sharp. Surprised to hear you have tuning kit but use hire skis.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Of course I have a tuning kit Smile

After all, which ever hire shop i use where ever I stay, that shop doesn't know how I ski so I can always give the skis a touch up here and there... I'm quite an aggressive skier so like to know my edges are the way I like them.

I can't be bothered to buy skis, it's just not worth it... My insurance will pay if the hires break, but If i own my own skis the amount you'll recieve from the insurance decreases year on year... after about 3 years the excess is more than the payout - not worth it. Ski technology moves so fast these days, pus the price of carrage on planes... just a load of extra hassle for me
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Insiders, fairy nuff Smile
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy