Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Has the Haggis Trap vanished?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
The Haggis Trap, for those who don't know it, is a famous terrain feature of the Glencoe ski area - a wee gorge of terror. But the western Highlands are receiving such a pasting from these Atlantic storms that ... see next posting ...
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person

Haggis Trap, full up?

The clip is from the Glencoe Snow threat on Winterhighland:
http://www.winterhighland.info/forum/read.php?2,159117,page=6

snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
This YouTube gives a great impression of the Haggis Trap in better-than-typical conditions ... [60 secs into the video]. The skiers begin from the top of the ski area - top of Main Basin t-bar ...

http://youtube.com/v/LKq1imUZcOw
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Quote:
Has the Haggis Trap vanished?
I'm hoping to find out this weekend Very Happy.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
OMG! Scoop! Heavy snow fills in terrain feature!!

The most amusing image I hav eseen of the HT is from the '50s where an FIS GS course was run with the line passing straight through the HT and a control gate bang splat in the middle.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
under a new name wrote:
OMG! Scoop! Heavy snow fills in terrain feature!!

Laughing

To be fair, the gullies up there are absolutely loaded with snow. Was commenting when we were up on Saturday that the haggis trap was fuller than even the previous 3 seasons. Might have something to do with the more southerly wind direction dumping more snow on the the northern aspects which have been on the lee side a lot this winter so far.

Comparing it from when I skied it with moffatross at the end of November, it's amazing how much snow accumulates there.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Would you hazard a guess as to the depth of snow?

I guess we can expect some interesting news from the Ben Nevis corries too.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I don't ever really remember the haggis trap being that deep when a kid. Mind you I've some pictures from 1984 somewhere with the top tow track so full that the tops of the pylons were at shoulder height and you had to go around them.....
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy