Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Done to death topic, families and kids resorts

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Done to death probably so apologies in advance!

Planning on going skiing with our mates Jan/Feb 2015 ideally in Austria.
My wife and I are both intermediate skiers, she wants to ski and I'm learning to snowboard later this year as well.

Our friends, beginner and intermediate snowboarders who are also both intermediate skiers. 3 kids under 5 all of whom will have had beginners lessons by the time we go and we will also have a 1 year old.

Ideally somewhere where we can have a self catering lodge with at least 4/5 rooms, maybe 6 would be better, in a location where we could all ski at our level and where I could learn to snowboard a bit more and all the kids minus the small one can go to a decent safe ski school. A bit of x country and kids activities would be a plus.

We would like Austria as I said as my mates want to go there and having been there for years without kids, we also really like it.

From experence, I was thinking Saalbach, Obergurgl or Mayrhofen. Not fussed about partying, just need snow and some decent accommodation. Also, not fussed if we have to drive 20 odd minutes to somewhere else to get on the slopes.

Asking for a bit I realise but appreciate any first hand advice from folk who have been in the same position.

Thanks in advance, Den
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I'd have a think about Kaprun or Zell

You have all the slopes of Zell, but can be busy
You have the Glacier slopes at Kitzsteinhorn 15 minutes (+lift up) - astonishing views and environment
And you have my favourite quiet family mountain - the Masikogel in Kaprun itself,

SJE reasonable aps in Kaprun, and it is a real little town as well. One of the best advantages, it has a supermarket which sells ally cheap salopettes and googles when you have forgotten them !
Also fabulous Austrian food in town and on the mountain

In Kaprun you can go a long way in x-country skiing,a nd there is a brand new spa centre

Loads of accommodation of all types
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Denni, if you decide to widen your search, this ticks all your boxes but it's in France. 5 bedrooms plus a "coin montagne". http://www.gites-de-france.com/location-vacances-Villard-sur-doron-Gite-Le-Gite-De-Bisanne-73G317117.html
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
+1 for Kaprun (though I don't much like the Maiskogel). The glacier is beautiful and very easy for kids, and Zell is great too - plus you can get the gondola (Zell) down when they're knackered, as opposed to skiing the red, which they would find hard.

Obergurgl is another I'd think about - easy enough skiing, Hochgurgl is particularly good.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy