Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

st anton to lech and parking

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
going to st anton (well staying in pettneu) on 11 april. Looking to get up to lech during that time.
I have a hire car so can drive or bus.. probably drive.
Is it better to go to lech and park there or stop at zurs and use that as a base.

strange they call it one area when it isn't really linked
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Parking in Zürs is a bit limited iirc. I would drive on into Lech and park in the Schlosskopf car park, which is free for lift pass holders.
Lots of places have a lift pass that covers un-linked ski areas. St. Anton will (probably) get linked to Zürs over the next few years though.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Steilhang wrote:
Parking in Zürs is a bit limited iirc. I would drive on into Lech and park in the Schlosskopf car park, which is free for lift pass holders.
Lots of places have a lift pass that covers un-linked ski areas. St. Anton will (probably) get linked to Zürs over the next few years though.

thanks very much for the information. very much appreciated
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@mugen, there is a massive car park just as you approach Zürs on the right-hand side, that's where I always park. The only real parking in Lech I remember is at the Schlosskopf as Steilhang which is the other end of town to Zürs. Problem is if you start in Zürs, getting down to Lech on skis is nigh on impossible from the Rufikopfbahn side. You can get down through the Madloch route (if it is open, and then on to the Lech slopes via the Zugerbahn.

Are you sure the whole area is still open on 11th April onwards?
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@mugen, Never had a problem parking in Zurs (assuming you would arrive at 9.30-10.00 and not late morning you'd be fine), especially midweek - just park in the large free car-parks left and right as you get to the roundabout in Zurs. That said jumping on the bus (either post bus from St Anton, or ski bus fram Rauz), much easier in my experience, plus you aren't having to mess about putting ski boots on in the middle of the carpark and faffing about with car etc. I like to ditch my car as soon as I arrive and dig it out the night before I leave, and use buses when there......plus you can have a nice après beer!
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Samerberg Sue wrote:
@mugen, there is a massive car park just as you approach Zürs on the right-hand side, that's where I always park. The only real parking in Lech I remember is at the Schlosskopf as Steilhang which is the other end of town to Zürs. Problem is if you start in Zürs, getting down to Lech on skis is nigh on impossible from the Rufikopfbahn side. You can get down through the Madloch route (if it is open, and then on to the Lech slopes via the Zugerbahn.

Are you sure the whole area is still open on 11th April onwards?

not sure if all but whole area shuts down at the end of april.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Check out the Lech Zurs website ...... http://www.lechzuers.com/lech-zuers-in-winter/
Season stays open to 26th April.

Parking in either Lech or Zurs should not be a problem. I tend to prefer to park in Zurs if I'm staying in St Anton. Just to ski down into Zug after I've smashed Trittkopf, Hexenboden, Muggengrat for a warm up. Zurs pistes first thing are less busy, the higher north facing slopes keep the snow better and you miss the scrum on the Lech bottom lifts.

My end of season bash this year is Warth (again). Second week of April should be quiet with half decent conditions (unless the thaw like last year comes!)

Enjoy your ski in the Arlberg.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@skimastaaah, enjoy Warth, we were there for a big powder week 2 weeks ago, best weeks skiing for a very long time, very special place! Just love it........ Cool
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@Markymark29, I'm back to the Lechtalerhof Hotel with pals from Glide & Slide. Our usual post-Easter destination varies from Stuben/Lech/Warth and now that the Auenfeldjet is up and running Warth is number 1 choice this year. snowHead
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
As many posters have said, the 2 car-parks in Zurs, on the Stuben end, are huge. Plenty of parking. On occasions they do fill up, and then they park cars alongside the road - sometimes as far as the Flexen Hausl. I have never been there in April, but I would be surprised if it was that busy, especially because your trip is after Easter.

If you get to Zurs early, you might find it more useful to park by the side of the road, adjacent to the Seekopfbahn. There is a walk up some steps, but a good warm-up! I guess it depends on where you want to start/finish.

Schlosskopf, in Lech, is obviously another option. The major downside is that the Schlosskopfbahn is so slow that you could celebrate several birthdays on it. I also suspect that the bottom of the slope leading the Talstation might be a bit shabby by April. It's pretty low.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
we park at Schlosskopf if we goto Lech, the Schlosskopfbahn is indeed slow, but only needed once and we've always been able to ski back, it has been a "bit" cut up and soft by the end of the day in blazing sunshine though!!

You can have a great day out around Zurs though without worrying about getting to Lech and back, south facing slopes in the morning and switch sides to north facing in the afternoon makes for a great day!
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
from what I'm gathering from the responses above is that perhaps Zurs and Lech should be treated as two separate visits.

incidentally does your ski pass let you onto post bus free or do you have to pay.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@mugen,
The post bus is pay other buses are free.
Earlier in the season I would certainly treat Lech an Zurs as a single ski circus but possibly by mid April the timings of which bits to be when are a bit more crucial I don't know having mainly visited Jan/feb.
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
you can ski from zurs to lech quite easily in April, the only issue is that the itinary down to Zug can be interesting depending on how warm/icy/slushy it is depending on the time of day!
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy