Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Money £££££

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Do you ?

a - change sterling into Euro's prior to departure ie M&S
b - pay everything by credit / debit card
c - use the hole in wall in resort

Trying to work out the best method of not throwing extra cash away
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I try and do "a" and overestimate how many euros I will need as I can always use them on the next holiday. I take my credit and debit cards just in case.

BTW I use the following site to get the best rate on the euros: http://travelmoney.moneysavingexpert.com/holiday-money/euros
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Cash machine in the resort
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
A bit of all 3 really. End destination cash machine in resort, and if possible I use the option of debiting in the local currency, as often the bank exchange is better than what the machine will charge you to debiting in GBP. Usually for CHF though rather than the euro, for convenience the euro we tend to get for the drive through France in the UK pre departure, but just enough for sustenance, fuel we just pay on card.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
B mostly, with c where necessary. Cost of a is excessive: typically 5% or more, whereas few cards charge more than 3% - but do check - and some don't load the transaction at all. And ALWAYS pay in Euros/local currency as you have no idea what rate you'll get if you pay in ££.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Load my prepaid euro cash card, then got to hole in the wall in resort.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
As per previous posts - do a guestimation of money requirements once unaivodable costs such as lift pass have been dealt with and budget accordingly and if necessary get a "top up" at a cash machine.

(I always have some Euros knocking around in my "Euro wallet" left over from previous excursion to start the trip fund=
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Halifax Clarity credit card has no fee for using abroad....
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
take out about £100 worth at the exchange in the local cooperative dept store, then use the hole in the wall when I'm in resort.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
I usually pay for the lift pass by credit card, everything else with cash from the local hole in the wall.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
never do A
sometimes do B
always do C

(although in reverse, of course)

thanks to the single european currency, I always keep GBP, CHF and EUR in my wallet.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy