Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Chamrousse (near Grenoble) ski lift openings - 15th December - 22nd

Poster: A snowHead
Hi,

Please could someone tell me which / how many lifts are expected to be open at Chamrousse in the week before christmas? (15 Dec - 22 Dec)

Thanks,

mnbv
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I was there in December '09 before Christmas, the pass was 18€, and about half of the slopes were open. There is a page on the website saying they open on the 7th, so you can check from then to see what's running-
http://www.chamrousse.com/slopes-and-lifts-opening.html
Paul
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Great, thanks. Do you know if they had a range of different difficulty slopes open? I'm going with a beginner with 1 weeks experience so don't want to frighten them, but still want to slip off for the occasional black!
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
We're going to be in Chamrousse from the 21st of December. We did the same last year (Saturday before Christmas), and when we got there all of the lifts were running, and from what the locals said they had been running for two weeks. There's been a lot of snow already this year - see the Web cams at http://www.chamrousse.com/www-webcam-33-hiver-uk-chamrousse-2.html which look very similar to what they did when we were monitoring them last year. I'd suggest that they're likely to all be open Happy
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Szymon, That's good to know, there is the possibility of my sneaking up there before Christmas. I checked the date, it was actually the 6/12/2008. Only out by one year!
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
PaulS, right - if you were there on the 6/12 I could well believe that they were only just opening! But two weeks later, when the OP is going, I'm quite sure there'll be plenty of snow with all the lifts open. Of course it'll be my fault if it isn't wink
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Looks like you're going to be alright wink

Let us know how it is! We're not there for a whole week, whet our appetite wink

-simon
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
> Let us know how it is!

http://youtube.com/v/XrOJlgDLrLo
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Davidof, you mean to say that there's a light in the darkness of everybody's heart - right?

-simon

P.S. Brad! Janet! Rocky! Dr Scott!
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Maybe there is light at the end of the tunnel.
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
davidof, maybe a ride next week ? rolling eyes

Leaving tomorrow morning - will be in Voissant circa 17:30
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
I am here at the moment and there are 3 lifts open and about 30% of the pistes. where are you staying.
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@WC
Not skiing though unless it snows a lot, conditions are so poor we actually went cross country at le Revard yesterday!

Still we did cycle up first

so not a complete waste of time. We hired skis and boots at the top which saved carrying them on the bike.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
jimmjimm, we'll be there on Saturday. We stay near the Bachat Boloud lift, I see that there's actually six lifts running:

http://www.chamrousse.com/slopes-and-lifts-opening.html

but as you say many of the runs seem closed still Sad

Hoping for some snow! It actually looks like there's some heavy snow due on Thursday:

Fingers crossed!
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
It's 'ok' - there are a few stones in places. Half the blue and green runs are open. And 2 or 3 longish red runs. But the black runs and the red runs from the very top of the gondola are not open Sad I don't really mind about snow conditions (I'm a bit odd) but it is a bit slushy in places and icy in others. My ski app is showing a max speed of 50mph so my snow fix is satisfied!

Cheers,

mnbv
ski holidays
Thanks for letting us know. You're due a good snowfall tonight and tomorrow, so hopefully it will improve! Are you there just for the week or are you staying for Christmas?
snow conditions
thanks - its a bit frustrating that he reds from the top of the gondola arent open because there seems to be enough snow up there despite there being no snow makers up there (the snow is too knarly and hard to ski enjoyably on the closed runs). Fingers crossed for snow tonight and tomorrow, some of those reds and blacks look fantastic given that this seems a 'cheap' resort. I'll be leaving this weekend but I guess Christmas week looks promising.

phone battery about to die - it doesn't like wifi!
snow conditions
The runs from the top are great Happy. I love the Olympique hommes (although my time is far from olympic), and the Niverolles and Gaboureax reds. Did you go up to the top at least once to try Lacs Robert? It's a fun little run down to a lake on which people go ice-diving of all things. Hope there are more open tomorrow for you!
ski holidays
Thanks, it dumped 20cm overnight. Went down Olympic dames (just not man enough for Hommes!) it was about 30cm of powder and very bumpy, it was basically off piste conditions. Yes lacs Robert has been great all week despite no snow makers. There's lots of snow plough activity and some poma lift engineers testing closed lifts so looks like next week should be great IF they piste bash all those reds and blacks from the top of the gondola. I guess I'm 50/50 coming back early season but would have been 100% if the big gondola runs had been piste bashed, seems a bit silly.

Did you guys who came early season in previous years find that Olympic Hommes and Olympic dames were properly open? ie piste bashed?
snow report
When we came for Christmas Week last year it was clearly bashed and had been skiied down for weeks. But that was last year...guess it chanves from year to year. Glad to hear about the recent snowfall! We are in the tunnel on our way there, looking forward to it Happy
ski holidays
Just had a look here and things look bad? (http://www.chamrousse.com/slopes-and-lifts-opening.html) is it up to date? it says olympic dames and hommes are closed but i know olympic dames was open last week with 30cm of powder so seems strange.
snow report
Really strong winds yesterday closed all the lifts bar Arselle and blew all the surface snow away Sad

Still hearing the wind, but it's meant to dump some 20-30cm of snow today, here's to a white Christmas Happy

The lifts on the Website usually get updated around 8:45.
snow report

Chalet in Chamrousse this morning. Grown up looking teenager and small dog missing.
snow report
Oh wow. That's truly scary. The wind was strong over here in 1750, but it didn't feel *that* strong! I hope they find the missing boy. There was snow this morning, but it seems to have stopped and the sun has come out. Maybe that will help with the search.
ski holidays
Szymon wrote:
Oh wow. That's truly scary. The wind was strong over here in 1750, but it didn't feel *that* strong! I hope they find the missing boy. There was snow this morning, but it seems to have stopped and the sun has come out. Maybe that will help with the search.

Dog answers to the name Toto
latest report
Well, we decided to give up out afternoon skiing and drove down to 1650 to see if we could help in the search, but no-one seemed to know anything about it. Are you sure it was Chamrousse?
latest report
It's been pointed out to me that you were making a stupid "Wizard of Oz" reference which I didn't get. So basically you made poo-poo up and we wasted our afternoon. Thanks for being a real Front Bottom.

Ignoring the idiocy -- the slopes of Chamrousse have been simply superb today. Fresh snow finished falling around 3am, some 40cm of it in total, and today we had lovely sunshine and perfect pistes. Had a great day Happy

-simon
snow report
davidof, lol
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Well glad everyone's safe at least!

So does anyone know when they first got around to grooming olympic dames and olympic hommes? Just for reference for future years!

thanks,

mnbv
latest report
The Dammes was groomed for our first day skiing, Sunday the 22nd. Access was restricted later in the week due to the high winds (the gondola and the amoreaux lift were closed).

The Hommes was groomed for the first time on Friday, after the heavy snowfall on boxing day. It's only open up until the end of Marmottes though, the runs down to the very bottom is still closed.
snow report
Great, thanks.

Any reason why so few blacks are open, are there just not enough punters to make it worthwhile?
ski holidays
lots of people. Most of the blacks apart from the olympic homme are lower down, where there is less snow coverage.
ski holidays
Hi,
Snow doesn't look that good in Chamrousse at the moment, we're going out on the 18th. Can anyone recommend nearby resorts that are likely to have more snow?
Forecast seems to be very mild for the next 10 days or so. We have been to same resort for the last 2 years and have been spoilt with beautiful conditions.
Thanks very much.
snow report
Snow was superb this week, but it was raining in 1750 as we left this morning Sad. LDA is not far and has a glacier?
snow conditions
Glad you had a good week. Do you know if we would need a car to get to LDA or could we get a bus? Puzzled
Thanks
latest report
We always drive there so never looked at public transport anywhere I'm afraid...
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy