Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Selva - New Dantercepies lift

Poster: A snowHead
I do hope this hasn't been posted already !!!!!!!!!

The Dantercepies lift at Selva has been renewed

http://www.dantercepies.it/en/nuova-cabinovia-3/nuova-cabinovia-dantercepies/

10 seater cabins sound nice...

Not so sure about this remark on the dantercepies website tho; "..........The embark area has been deeply analized......" Embarassed
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
was mentioned this evening on the birthday bash thread.
but not the anal bit.

and it certainly needed at least new cabins.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I recognise the name of this, but for the life of me I can't picture where it is, after all these years of being on the b'day bash and all.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
jonm, the gondola from Selva coming back over to Colfosco/Corvara
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Is that the one where you have to walk through town and there's a bridge over the main street to get to it? (Knowing my bump of direction, it's probably in a completely different village. I can only hope that Thumbstruck isn't reading this: I believe he thinks I'm even more useless than his wife at orienting myself, and that's saying something. wink )
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
kind of. shouldn't be much of a walk thru town. you go over the bridge, pop your skis back on on rubber mat, and take a chairlift. that takes you to a short piste down to the gondola bottom station.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Ok, I think I know where it is now, ta.

Pedantica, Toofy Grin
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Pedantica wrote:
I can only hope that Thumbstruck isn't reading this: I believe he thinks I'm even more useless than his wife at orienting myself, and that's saying something. wink )

He isn't and he doesn't! Twisted Evil

(I haven't a clue where it is Little Angel )
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
maggi, Laughing
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
It looks like the new Dantercepies lift takes a different route and will have a "middle station" although I doubt that any of us will use it. I reckon it would be mainly for folk coming up from Selva who don't want to ski the steeper parts of the run at the top.

The bad news, in my view, is the worry that the Cir run is going to be closed due to landslip problem earlier in the year. One of my favourites and it won't be the same without it. Seems to be talk of having to put up some kind of retaining wall around the top of it, not sure if there is in reality time for that before the next season.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
last pics I saw seemed to show decent progress on the top and bottom stations, but the mid station looked a bit "behind".
impression I got from an italian forum was that the wall would be built before the ski season starts, since the skier throughput would be too high on just 1 red run.
getting the lift working is by far the most important task, imho.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
albob wrote:

Not so sure about this remark on the dantercepies website tho; "..........The embark area has been deeply analized......" Embarassed

I guess that's when the smashed the back doors in of the old bottom station!! Embarassed

Be thankful for small mercies though...as the website says "thanks to a reduced...speed, it will be more comfortable." !!! Embarassed

Enough dodgy double entendre already! wink

New top station seems to be progressing as of yesterday 29/9/13...

http://www.funivie.org/cantieri/displayimage.php?pid=19554

More photos of the project and the above-mentioned landslip on the Cir piste here...

http://www.funivie.org/cantieri/thumbnails.php?album=319
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Looks to me like the cabins are the same as the old ones. Not sure how we'll get ten people in there! Shocked
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
pic #120 on that link above? they'll be the old cabins.
I was guessing the new ones will be like Corvara-Boe or maybe like the other lift from Selva (maybe 1 cabin size down from that?).
Hoping they pull some fingers out on that midstation.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
looks like a tiny bit of progress is being made
and the new cabins are there now (ignore previous post, cos the pic numbering is back to front).

shocking quality images, but there is a little bit more than foundations at the midstation, and looks like pylons are up... http://www.funivie.org/cantieri/thumbnails.php?album=319

8 weeks or so... if it's not finished it'll make it interesting navigating round the sella ronda.
ski holidays
andy wrote:
if it's not finished it'll make it interesting navigating round the sella ronda.

Only if you go the wrong way around Madeye-Smiley Madeye-Smiley
latest report
So do you think there is there going to be a piste down the track of the old lift, or just an unofficial way down there?
ski holidays
Think there might need to be, if all full loop traffic has to go one way Wink
Must be snowing there now? That'll give them an incentive to pull their finger out.

Think there's an official new unmaintained piste under (or alongside) one of the other lifts (Bec de Roces?). Think they probably dug out the tree stumps and fencing from a route that people used to ski anyway.
snow report
Which side is the cir piste if you are skiing down from the top?
snow report
Other future lift rumours in the vicinity...
Cablecar from Alba up to the top of Canazei-Belvedere (assume from near the Alba-Ciampac cable car up to near where the Belvedere cable car ends). That'll take 2 years though, opening Dec 2015.
The 2-way lift in Corvara is still shown as official from 2014 as an 8 seater gondola (not sure if that'll replace the next chair too, or mid station maybe?, along the valley of mostly ski lifts one way)

Thought Cir was the black on the right hand side as you face down towards Selva? Almost always go that way - it's not a difficult black, and it's much less busy, than the red way.
snow conditions
Found this on fb

More here
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Dantercepies-Mountain-Lounge/174522245902838
ski holidays
andy, "Thought Cir was the black on the right hand side as you face down towards Selva?..."

Think you are correct - it is slightly 'uphill' at the start (there was a 'travelator' there a couple of years ago, but was missing last year..!!)
snow report
andy,

I remember that the lift from Alba to Belvedere has been talked about, at least for the last 10 years - almost like Alitalia (Always late in take off -always late in arrivale). Twisted Evil

Sella i nice. Very Happy
latest report
Hyst,

bit like the one in Arabba to take skiers from one side of the village to the other without walking -- years of talking and nothing going to happen Crying or Very sad
snow conditions
albob wrote:
andy, "Thought Cir was the black on the right hand side as you face down towards Selva?..."

Think you are correct - it is slightly 'uphill' at the start (there was a 'travelator' there a couple of years ago, but was missing last year..!!)

Thanks both
latest report
andy wrote:
Think there's an official new unmaintained piste under (or alongside) one of the other lifts (Bec de Roces?). Think they probably dug out the tree stumps and fencing from a route that people used to ski anyway.

Looks like it - as you say, down from Bec de Roces to Passo Campolungo looks to be an official piste now on the Arabba map.

Strangely it does not look like the new lift from Pont de Vauz will not gain enough height to ski down to the start of the lift that opened last year heading up towards Porta Vescovo (Porta Dos). I think that is a missed opportunity, even if it hardly affects us.

Val Gardena map for 13-14 still shows Cir, but who knows.
latest report
Any news on whether the new Dantercepies lift is on schedule? From the pics it looks like there's loads to do still
latest report
top and bottom are pretty much finished afaict. mid station looks behind schedule. pylons are all up, but no string joining it all together yet.
2 months till opening day... loadsa time!
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
andy, any clues where the mid station is, from the photos I saw it seems to be quite high up, near the bars att the bottom of the drag, is it just a station to facilitate a change in direction or a real mid station?
latest report
assumed it's a real midstation where the cabins detach and reattach (bit like the one coming up from colfosco). at least the amount of concrete poured there looks like that's what it'll be. but it'll be one cable end to end.
looks like it basically follows the red piste up, and midstation approx where the drag is (not sure if the drag will still exist?).

can report back on 2nd Feb Wink
ski holidays
Top looks done, bottom still looks a building site, but I think the inside is done.
Midstation looking a bit more like a ski lift now... (looks like half of it there)
https://fbcdn-sphotos-g-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/485476_649117045110020_435206195_n.jpg

Seen another pic with a spool of cable. So looking a bit more promising now.

New rifugio at top of Burz lift in Arabba looks like it might be pretty sizeable. Only cost €2.5M. Probably not the best located rifugio for most, but might be of interest to someone having an easy day looping the blue or something.
ski holidays
Might have to move my first stop from the bottom of the first lift to the top, it will be sunnier Smile
latest report
Got some string up now, tying it all together. Still 6 weeks before opening day. Loadsa time!

http://www.funivie.org/cantieri/displayimage.php?album=319&pid=19998#top_display_media

Not sure how they put cabins on, but they obviously can (or do) put them up before the cable

http://www.funivie.org/cantieri/displayimage.php?album=319&pid=19971#top_display_media
latest report
Detachable cars for easy storage?

Top station looks good -but not so sure about the bottom (still got big cranes up.....!)
snow report
andy wrote:
Top looks done, bottom still looks a building site, but I think the inside is done.
Midstation looking a bit more like a ski lift now... (looks like half of it there)
https://fbcdn-sphotos-g-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/485476_649117045110020_435206195_n.jpg

The mid station is looking more and more just like a "turning point" to me

http://www.funivie.org/cantieri/displayimage.php?album=319&pid=19967#top_display_media
snow conditions
It does, but it's listed in Liftworld as 2 lifts. We shall have to wait-n-see I guess.
latest report
Looking good... some new pics (with snow)...

http://www.funivie.org/cantieri/displayimage.php?album=319&pid=20092#top_display_media

edit: and openstreetmaps maps has the route of the new lift marked already (Google still has to play catch-up Wink )
snow conditions
And now with added 'bubble-car' !!

http://www.funivie.org/cantieri/displayimage.php?album=319&pid=20108#top_display_media

Last edited by After all it is free Go on u know u want to! on Sat 16-11-13 0:57; edited 1 time in total
snow report
Yes that photo is labelled "1 giro" implying that it is the first circuit/cycle of the lift with a car.

Not sure if it has been mentioned here, but I have got the impression that the route they took with the "intermediate" station was adjusted after the rockfall on Cir side - as if the original intent was to be the straight line approach like the old one, but then they had to change that and go for dog leg with turning point to avoid the dodgy area.

Have I got this right, or was the dogleg route the plan all along?

If they did change, then am quite impressed they managed to update plans etc at quite short notice and then construct.

But the really good news is that it is now less than 3 months before we'll be riding this lift snowHead snowHead snowHead
snow report
No I think the new route was planned all along. It may have been planned because the Cir side is prone to avalanche/landslide. They'd already started building the end stations by the time of the May landslide. I think the issue there was not so much the lift, but the pistes, and that the throughput of skiers needs the red run(s) and the black Cir run to avoid a bottle neck.

Italian ski forum and Val Gardena facebook site seem to disagree on the opening. One says acceptance of the lift, and the state testing/cert in late November, and another says 2nd December. And one says it opens on 15th Dec, but the other says the 20th or 22nd December (ie the full season opening date, rather than the pre-season). And at the bottom station, the building bit with ticket office, rental shops etc. won't be finished until after the ski season. (Italian is not my 1st, or 2nd, or 3rd language, so may not be entirely accurate).
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy