Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

2005 Fischer RC4 Race ski??

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Does anyone know anything about this ski? looking for a slalom ski to complement my 1080s, appears the 2005 model has been around on ebay for some decent prices, ie £130ish on this auction.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Fischer-RC4-Race-Bind-FS-11-Railflex-2-Mod-2005-NEU_W0QQitemZ8724121207QQcategoryZ59601QQssPageNameZWD2VQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

I'm 13 1/2 stone, 5ft 10"

Looking at a 160 for use at snowdome and abroad..

cheers,

Greg
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
anybody know anything about this model? From googling and posting on Epicski it appears no-one knows about this model Wink

Here's what I know of.
Fischer WC SL =real slalom racing ski and very good by most accounts
Fischer WC SC = High end slalom ski for free skiing and gates
Fischer WC RC = same as SC, but with longer turns in mind (more GS)
Fischer Race SC = slalom ski with a slightly softer flex than the WC SC
Fischer RX8 Free skiing model of the slalom ski.

I didn't know they made a RACE model with the longer radius. 15m sounds a little to big for a Race SC
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
gregh, I recently got the Race SC + FS10 bindings for Eur243 from eBay, then upgraded to FX12 for Eur30 - came to a total of Eur320 with postage and mounting. It seems pretty good - although I've only had it on plastic so far so don't really have a good comparison with other skis to give you. There is also the Race C which is the next lower model, and I would guess that the "Race" model is the next one down - or some equivalent "special" (I just looked on the Fischer site and it's not listed). They do seem to have more black in the graphic the higher the spec ski, so as the picture shows it's all yellow.... The WC SC feels significantly heavier than the Race SC and is quite a bit stiffer (BTW easiski uses the WC SC).

There are still plenty of the Race SCs around, although the price seems to have crept up to about Eur260 for that base level auction price (basically being pegged there by the "Buy it Now" offers at Eur259). Since you're looking to complement the 1080, it sounds as if you're going to want some performance out of it, so I would go for a higher spec ski - probably the Race SC.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Looks to me that the RC is the GS race ski?

What difference does "radius" make. Never known what radius the skis were me. All far too techy. I think you are over-geeked... wink
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
gregh, I think it's definitely a detuned version. I tried the "race" 10cms longer than the WC's I bought. they were nice, but not as nice as the ones I have!!!! BE WARNED as GrahamN, says the WC is really, really heavy. the Race is not quite so heavy, but still not a pleasure to carry! Shock
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
cheers all, the prices seem to be creeping up though Sad

Looks like I'll keep an eye open for

rc4 race SC
rc4 race c

However, what size should I be looking out for?

regards,

Greg
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
whats the difference with fs 11 and fs 12 bindings ??
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
gregh, I'm about 2" taller and about a stone heavier than you and my Race SCs are 160cm for plastic; one of our guys who's probably more your size (and races moderately regularly) actually uses 155cm. The general recommendation is no more than 160cm for plastic and maybe 165 cm for snow; 165 is the FIS minimum, if that's of any interest, although that reg doesn't apply to UK based racing - certainly on plastic, but there has been disagreement here as to whether it does apply to snow-dome competitions. I skied on some 160 cm slalom skis on snow at LDA recently and they were fine on piste - but a bit hairy off.

Royal, not sure there is an FS12, but maximum DIN is 11 and 12 respectively. Don't know whether there's anything beyond that. I went for FX12 (the X classes it as "high performance" rather than "sport performance") as I normally ski on about 8.5, which is getting rather too high for the FS10 (which was the only other option given me).

Check out http://www.fischer-ski.com/en/
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy