Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

2 weeks in January for advanced skier? booked something at last!!!!!

Poster: A snowHead
Hi,
I'm trying to make my mind up and nail something down for January, I could do two separate weeks but getting to / from airports is a bit of a pain and flights are an additional cost, so I would rather do two weeks together.

I have taken late bookings in Chalets before but finding similar ability skiers in the chalets is a hit and mostly miss affair and I have ended up skiing alone, which is not the best option considering the skiing I like to do, offpiste if possible and safe, unpisted blacks and anything else that looks interesting.

UCPA offpiste weeks is an option but I've been over 40 for a few years now and I'm starting to look over 40!.

Anyone else in the same boat or has space for another?.

I'm away on the 15th Feb for a week with my family so need to be back 2 weeks before then to sort any work out.

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Sat 14-12-13 21:48; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Plenty of over 40s in the UCPA last time I was there. I'd just book and go. Wear a wig if the old bald noggin's a problem, and say things like "switch" and "sick" to fool everyone into thinking you're 22.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Quote:

the old bald noggin's a problem

That's one area that I don't have a problem!, still got at least 95% of the hair that I ever had and only 15 months to go before I'm 50 and I still haven't got any grey hairs anywhere. At least there's some compensation for being ginger!!!!
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
I called UCPAs British Agent in the Summer. I am 50 and they said no Embarassed

Try Mountain Tracks or snoworks for an off-piste week. Sure they could oblige as a singleton. Could be pricey though! Imagine you could get an extra week at short notice with a chalet company last minute for the second/first week via chalet solutions forum.

Good luck.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Singlesport is in Courchevel on 18 Jan & we have some advanced skiers your sort of age
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Quote:

I called UCPAs British Agent in the Summer. I am 50 and they said no

We all just lied on the application form last time we went, all but 1 of us 45+
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Quote:

your sort of age

Is that physical or mental age?, I still haven't come to terms with being over 25 yet!.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Hi Gary,I'm in Courcheval 4th-18th Jan,Tignes 25th Jan-8th of Feb,just be there!
p.s you look much older than 50!!!!!!!!!!
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Are UCPA allowed to get away with age discrimination like that these days?
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Quote:

p.s you look much older than 50!!!!!!!!!!

It's trying to keep up with you guys that does it!
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Peterkct, yes. UCPA is a organisation designed to get kids into sports and offer a multitude of sports in a safe and fun environment. The deal as I know it is that if you have been before 40 then you kinda have a pass for life-ish.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Gainz, I am well past it anyway Sad
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Booked two weeks in UCPA Val D'Isere, no spaces left on the offpiste courses so just doing full time instruction, comes in at £1520 including
Leeds Brad - Chambery flight + transfer on snowbus
2 weeks FULL board accommodation
2 weeks espace killy pass
2 weeks ski hire
2 weeks full time instruction
all I need is beer money!, oh! yea, and, erm, how much is botox these days?.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
tangowaggon, that sounds great. You'll be boogered by the end, old chap. wink
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
hawkesbaynz, Action Outdoors told me to lie about my age on the booking form, they would then 'sort' it their end. Had a great time in Flaine UCPA! Doing it for the über 40s !
ski holidays
tangowaggon, You'll like it, UCPA are a good laugh. Centre is reasonably placed for stuff. Sometimes if you ask nicely they may let you on the off-piste course. Which weeks are you going? We're there last week of Jan and have Sensei Angus booked for a couple of days; you're welcome to join if you like. Oh and for beers too!
snow report
I'm there last two weeks of Jan, I'll look forward to meeting up, just look out for the wrinkly ginner!, I was there two years ago, then did the offpiste week in Val Thorens the following week, I just wish I discovered them years ago. I forgot to add a negative figure to the cost above - no ski carriage, given the excellent standard of skis we got in Val Thorens, I'm not paying to take my own battered planks with me this time.
ski holidays
You could book a fresh tracks holiday through the Ski Club of GB . They have holidays for specific ability levels so you'd be assured of finding skiers of similar levels to ski with,
ski holidays
There are always over 40s on UCPA courses. I think the closer you are to the holiday the more likely they are to accept over 40s. If you go with Action Outdoors /UCPA then you can use the code DL2014 when you book in the discount box. I used it when i booked a few weeks ago. Its unlimited use and gives some money off. Only £10 but given ucpa prices it covers a couple of nights worth of drinks ! Im 36 so not so different from you and like yourself, one of the big challenges is being with people of the same ability. The last time i went with my good UK social friends i ended up getting frustrated as we are so different in terms of ability. That is the main appeal for me with Action Outdoors/ uCPA that i always ended up with a perfectly matched group. Anyway, good luck.
latest report
Quote:

You could book a fresh tracks holiday through the Ski Club of GB . They have holidays for specific ability levels so you'd be assured of finding skiers of similar levels to ski with,

What are the people like on KGB holidays?, do they really ave two heads?, would they tolerate an oik like me?
ski holidays
Hi ,
I like the same type of skiing that you seem to be into and am always up for a trip , last min deals suit me .
It does tend to ruin a holiday when your ski buddy does not want to ski the same stuff as you , and not sensible to ski it on your own.
Sounds like you are fixed up this time but perhaps some other time .
Ian . Birmingham
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy