Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Sun Screen recommendations?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I'm getting my kit together for my trip next week and was wondering what to get for sun screen for my face.
In the past i've felt like i've smeared lard over my face so this time round was wondering what the regular skiers on here use.

If any of you guys would be kind enough to offer some advice/recommendations would be much appreciated.

Cheers,

Chris
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I use the boots childrens travel packet spf30 - it's a squishy foil pack and fits far better in pockets - consistency wise it's always been fine, although I also put on nivea cream on nose/cheeks to avoid the 'wind burn' effect. Tesco's own brand is suprisingly good too (imo) and I also use nivea sun occasionally. Factor 20-30 reapplied on long lifts Happy aj xx
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
rockyrobin, I use an Elizabeth Arden Extreme Conditioning Crem (SPF 15)-excellent for chapped skin too, then a factor 30 out on the slopes (used to be an Ambre Solaire face stick). However when In LDA in October, I forgot the sunscreen, so bought a small stick from the ski shop which was excellent. It's called UV Control, and none of us got any red bits.
No mess as it's a wax stick.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
rockyrobin, Piz Buin now do an all day/apply once SPF 15 and SPF30. One application seems the way to go for me. I recommend the SPF30.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I picked up something in an airport Boots as it was cheap, and it's fantastic, non greasy, the missus also likes it. It's Ambre Solaire men spf30 "gel cream"

Says especially designed for sport, sweat resistant.

Regards,

Greg
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
We've been using P20...one application a day, factor 20. Works well for me and I have the palest skin that turns lobster at the slightest hint of sun. It's quite drying though so a good night-time moisturiser is a godsend. I'm planning on trying the Piz Buin one a day stuff next time out to see if it matches up. You can't beat the once a day products....no faffing about on the chair lift trying to re-apply and no risk of your whole face peeling off when you're enjoying yourself so much that you just forget!
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Piz Buin I think, factor 30 in a small tube with a lip protection stick in the top of the tube
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I swear by Ultrasun Mountain Formula if you can find it:

http://www.ultrasun.co.uk/mountain_formula.html
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
homphomp, I believe that P20 uses rather "dated" technology. You need to apply it evenly or you get uneven results and it can leave a stain on clothes. CHeck out the Piz Buin stuff (it's also cheaper...) and you don't need to leave it 45 mins before going out in the sun.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
I used to use the Boots Kids stuff with the rollerball applicator as the container was able to be sqashed and beaten about and not leak beause of the big screw top. I haven't found it lately but it was so easy to put on. I now use stuff with a sponge applicator as I don't have to get the stuff all over my hands..

And nothing less than +30....

I still carry min tubes with a lipsalve in my pack as well and put the salve on the extreme bits likes ears and nose...the bits that get the most burnt, basically. And try and top up every drink stop, hence the no messy hands type thing.!!!
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Thanks guys for the feedback, appreciated. I'll see if I can get hold of the Ambre Solaire "gel cream" and the Piz Buin once a day.
I'll be using this stuff every day for 5 months so will let you guys know which I find to be the best. I have really sensitive skin so fingers crossed I don't end up looking like a spotty teenager at the end of it.

I was in EB yesterday and noticed they had lip balm that said it was medicated - I was wondering if there is any benefit from this or is it just a ruse to get you to buy it?

Cheers,

Chris
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy