Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Edge tuning, by hand or machine?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
A link to Neil McQuoid's summary of the Wintersteiger Disc Man.

Mixed reports on Epic. Goes off the subject of the Wintersteiger somewhat, but some good stuff on edge tuning...

They've used a machine at the Les Arcs race club since last year; seriously razor-sharp edges, and plenty left at the end of the season, so in the right hands they seem to do the job.

Would be interested to hear from anyone who's used the portable one though. Can't see anything about it on the Wintersteiger site.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I like to just run a deburring stone along the edges to get rid of any poky bits, and take them in to a shop for a proper tune once in a while (every 10-20 days of boarding). Deburring stone seems to keep them pretty good, doesn't remove much edge at all compared to a real sharpening, and I don't like how it feels sharpening edges by hand - feels like I might be doing more bad than good!
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy