Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Courmayeur to St. Anton

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Anyone know of the best (quick and cheap) way to travel from Courmayeur to St. Anton - bus/train/plane....Thanks!
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Private chopper?! I'd imagine getting to Geneva will open your options up for buses and trains, there is a tain station right in St Anton. Flying simply wouldn't make sense time and budget wise.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Thanks - thought as much - might end up flying back to London and out again (St Anton is a package deal so flights included)
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
You can get from London to St A on the train but I believeit's via Zurich. How've you ended up in this situation? Offer of an extra holiday that overlaps? I've used Bens bus before for getting around the Alps.Fling back to the UK would waste valuable ski time so I'd def explore other options first-the flight times aren't that bad it's the time spent in the airport before and after picking up luggage waiting for buses to load up that all adds up.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Couple of summers ago my gf had a monster of a train trip (something like 30 hours in the end) travelling back to Innsbruck (or might have been Vienna - though that's just a 5 hour direct train from IBK so the point still stands) after visiting me in Villeneuve (an hour further down the Aosta Valley in Courmayeur. Don't know if it's got any easier...
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Any use ? http://www.rome2rio.com/s/Sankt-Anton-am-Arlberg/Courmayeur
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I've done train to St Anton a few times from Chamonix. It's dead easy and a really nice journey compared to just flying home and out again...Get a bus or cheap seat on a TO transfer to Geneva airport then get the train through to Zurich. Either get a connecting train on to St Anton or overnight in a hostel in Zurich then get an earlyish direct train the following day. Zurich to St Anton is only about 2.5hrs. Overall travel time is probably not that much quicker than flying back to London and then getting your included package flight but the train across Switzerland is definitely worth doing once for the scenery and the journey is a lot less of a faff!
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Thanks all - the whole situation arose because I was going on a work trip and decided to push my mates trip to coincide with the end for 10 days straight skiing - little did I know how difficult the transfers would be! The Train from Zurich into St Anton sounds like a laugh and if I can make it their without too much cost/hassle I'll try go for that option....Problem is I'll have the flight back to London paid for as well as the flight back out - it will essentially come down to cost and travel time....

First time to St Anton - any suggestions on preferred runs etc. (mixed bag of ability in the group but all are comfortable on blacks)
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You can also get the train through Italy, crossing back into Switzerland near Lugano and changing for the St Anton train at Feldkirch. This was cheaper (but slower) than going via Geneva when I did this a few years ago - you have to change trains a few times, but they all just involved walking across the platform. SBB.CH will give you the itinerary
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Get the airport bus from Courmayeur to Geneva, it stops at the train station in Geneva, then train via Zurich. If you book the ticket well in advance it can be quite economical (also, check on the Austian Railways site in case the price is different).
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy