Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

southend airport

Poster: A snowHead
flying to geneva this winter .. they add salzburg to the list and thats a win double for me
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
It doesn't say so yet on Easy Jet's website. When are the flights on sale?
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
mid april .. think they start flying in november , fri sat and sunday are the dates i heard.. but they are constantly adding to the southend timetable so i would expect some midweek dates to appear as the full winter schedule is drawn up
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Double edged sword this as it will be very handy using an airport on the doorstep but I also have to live in its flight path at Burnham on Crouch!
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
woooo like that!
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
excellent, and fingers crossed for Salzburg too
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Fogliettaz, i reckon leigh on sea will have worse time of it.. anything going over burnham will be plenty high enough to barely disturb your bbq
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Fogliettaz, In North Kent , we just get the flight path without the benefit of the airport
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I used to get a UPS flight over our house Monday to Friday @ between 04.30-05.00 and when I have the BBQ out on a sunny Sunday afternoon its like having a Cessna showroom flying overhead!

BergenBergen, I'm just waiting for Boris Island to be built! Flights everywhere then!
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
CANV CANVINGTON wrote:
flying to geneva this winter .. they add salzburg to the list and thats a win double for me

That's excellant news. Hopefully they will have decent flight times as well. Good news also about the allocated seating trial starting soon.
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Fogliettaz, born and brought up in Burnham on Crouch and flew a few times from Southend years ago. Also used to take the ferry from the jetty just by the White Harte and then a bus into Rochford to see grandparents - all rather a long time ago!
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Fogliettaz, my money's on the third runway at Heathrow. can you imagine the Thames Valley upping sticks and relocating to North Kent/South Essex. The impact of that would be far greater than anything dumped in the middle of the Thames.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Fogliettaz, there was a huge campaign when I was a child to stop an airport at Shoeburyness - around the time that people up in north Essex didn't want Stansted extended.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
there have been 5 odd sites mooted in the thames estuary for the 'mega hub' over the years.. southend used to be the third busiest airport in the uk at one stage pre stanstead
BergenBergen, yes i cant see any other way than a third runway at heathrow.. if your spending 50 bill then i assume heathrow has to shut.. if that happens you might well shut every town and business park along the m4
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Fogliettaz, You have my sympathy - I worked there for 17 years and only live about 7 miles away now. However, it is local to us - closer to than Stanstead and I shall keep an eye on their destinations - I could use, Aberdeen, Zurich and Esberg though - Geneva is not much use to me Sad
snow report
Ooo Southend...

Are they flying year round to Geneva?... Or just for the ski season does anyone know ?

I'm just out of noise range over in Wickford... But close enough that this is good news for me.
Prefer Zurich, but Geneva works too for Wengen.. So interested if it's just ski season or year round ?
snow conditions
Like the sound of that. I use Stansted when I can (30 mins by road) but an option to Geneva from Southend (45mins) would be good.
snow conditions
Less than three miles from where I grew up and where my parents still live. Free parking and a lift to the airport without living on the flightpath, result!
(I do live within 10 miles of Luton airport so I don't get away with it really).

This is the best info'I could find - no timetables as yet, unless anyone else has found one.
http://www.southendstandard.co.uk/news/southend/9615338.Southend_on_Ski_with_new_easyJet_flights/
latest report
Does anyone know for certain when flights from Southend to Geneva will become bookable ?.. looking to book this weekend - but can;t find any info about WHEN Easyjet will start actually selling tickets from Southend .... if anyone has any info it would be appreciated.
snow conditions
gamer2471 wrote:
Does anyone know for certain when flights from Southend to Geneva will become bookable ?.. looking to book this weekend - but can;t find any info about WHEN Easyjet will start actually selling tickets from Southend .... if anyone has any info it would be appreciated.

Taken from a story from the Southend Echo:

"Seats for the new route from Southend will go on sale on April 19"

http://www.echo-news.co.uk/news/local_news/9615338.Southend_on_Ski_with_new_easyJet_flights/
snow conditions
Fogliettaz, Looks like you may be able to claim some compo for living under the flightpath. Worth reading just for the comments Very Happy
http://www.echo-news.co.uk/news/9640078.Homes_under_Southend_Airport_flightpath_urged_to_make_compensation_claims/?ref=mr
snow report
I saw an easy jet plane fly over last night when returning from work and I must admit I could hardly hear it! Still Southend Airport won't last long once Boris Island is built!
snow conditions
Sounds interesting. If the flight times are convenient this could be useful. My parents live in North Kent, near the Dartford Crossing, so this could be a useful alternative to Gatwick.
ski holidays
have checked today 19th.. no options out of Southend to Geneva Puzzled
ski holidays
gamer2471, not showing on the route map either. According to Southend Airport website "Tickets for Geneva are not yet onsale and flights will begin operating in winter 2012."
snow conditions
Tickets to Geneva now on sale
snow report
Brilliant news.
snow conditions
Shame flights don't start 'til 14th December. Although it's nice to know that if Christmas with the folks gets a bit too demanding I have an escape route Toofy Grin Laughing Twisted Evil Laughing Toofy Grin
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Nice to have an alternative to Stansted but the timings don't really work for me. We like to get a 5 hour day on the slopes before heading for a 19.00ish flight from Geneva. Still it's progress.
latest report
I've been hearing rumours of the new terminal not being able to cope with the numbers of passengers. Evidently, if you get two flights departing within an hour of each other then there is absolute chaos.

Has any SnowHead travelled from Southend yet and have any comments to make?
snow report
yup.. two flights leaving within 5 mins of each other barca and alicante.. so 2 q,s in the new terminal both planes pretty full wouldnt call it chaos but floor gymnastics were out of the question! the new bit is being extended in the next few days as easy jet vacate some offices in there .. and work has atarted on the terminal extension proper which i think will double the size of it
ski holidays
Always best to hear it from someone who has experienced it for themselves. Doesn't sound as bad as rumoured.

I understand that the current re-arrangement of the area allocated for first floor offices will only provide a small overflow area.

The original plans always allowed for a doubling of the size of the new terminal but I didn't realise the work had already started. I can't see the work being completed before Christmas.
snow report
why do they advertise it as London southend airport .... WHEN ITS NOT IN lONDON !! Maybe "quite close to London but nearer to Southend Southend airport".
snow conditions
Mr Marmot wrote:
I've been hearing rumours of the new terminal not being able to cope with the numbers of passengers. Evidently, if you get two flights departing within an hour of each other then there is absolute chaos.

Has any SnowHead travelled from Southend yet and have any comments to make?

Sounds similar to other small airports in Europe, Brescia for example.

Also what happened with the original post saying there will be flights to Salzburg? Looks like that must have been misleading information.
snow report
limegreen1 wrote:
why do they advertise it as London southend airport .... WHEN ITS NOT IN lONDON !! Maybe "quite close to London but nearer to Southend Southend airport".

You could ask the same about Luton, Gatwick and Stanstead, non of which are within London itself.
snow conditions
limegreen1 wrote:

My 'sources' tell me that recently some passengers on a late evening airport arrival were non-too-pleased to find that the trains had stopped running from the 'conveniently located railway station immediately outside the terminal providing fast and frequent trains to Central London' and they had to take a taxi instead! I bet they soon found out just how far Southend is from London!
ski holidays
duplicate post

Last edited by Then you can post your own questions or snow reports... on Thu 26-04-12 9:33; edited 1 time in total
snow report
Duplicate post

Last edited by After all it is free Go on u know u want to! on Thu 26-04-12 9:34; edited 1 time in total
snow report
duplicate post

Last edited by You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net. on Thu 26-04-12 9:34; edited 1 time in total
snow report
[quote="Mr Marmot"]
jimmybog wrote:

..........Also what happened with the original post saying there will be flights to Salzburg? Looks like that must have been misleading information.

I think the OP missed out the word IF in his post. I think he meant to write something like.......If they add Salzburg to the list, then it would be a win double for me.

Last edited by Ski the Net with snowHeads on Thu 26-04-12 9:35; edited 2 times in total
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy