Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Volkl Kuro vs. Volkl Shiro

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi guys,

Just wanted to hear your feedback on the Shiro vs. The Kuro if you've tried either of the skis.

I'm looking at the 193/195cm length of the models.

Shiro: 30.1m radius, 151:119:135
Kuro: 30.4m radius, 164:132:139

Obviously at this width they are going to be powder specific, I have an AM ski (90mm line prophet flite) and also have piste ski availability so I'm looking for a strictly powder ski, for use in St. Anton.

Is 130 just too big for Europe?
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
ask Bobinch here on snowheads....i think he has an opinion!
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
FYI I have a pair of 2012/13 Kuros in 195 - these ones : http://www.evo.com/imgp/1500/58635/291885/volkl-kuro-skis-2013-front.jpg
Mounted with Marker Jester Demos. They are in France at the mo' ( I hope!) so I can't check the Din range on the Jesters or post photos.

They have had about 2 days with me and are in excellent condition. They were a demo ski for Snowtrax and I bought them in March last year.

The setup new would have been c . £900 (£650 for the ski and £275 for a Jester - Edge and Wax prices) - obviously you can get them new in the flat for around £500 now

I m intending to sell them in early January - I' m back on the 4th and I d be looking for £400 ono if that is of interest.

I enjoyed skiing them but I had surgery on my back last year to repair a damaged disc and I know that the ski is likely to prove a bit too much of handful for me and I have a fat ski in the quiver already. I found they were great fun, but obviously you need to be a strong skier! PM if that might be of interest and I can send you pics when I get to them on the 14th Dec.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I'm off to Austria on the 4th Dec. for the season and would intend to have something sorted by then, sorry mishmash.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
No problemo - have a great season and definitely get a Fat pair!
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
A 190+ 119mm ski will give you a hell of a lot of float. Bigger doesn't seem worth it, and the 119s will be a bit lighter and easier on the legs by way of a bonus. Why go larger?
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Shiros could be legitimately skied most days, Kuros (for most) will be a pure pow weapon. I know several people who regularly ski 130mm skis here though.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
In your position, I'd be picking the Shiro's. You're not gonna ski powder the necessitates a 130mm waisted ski every day, the Shiro's will be more usable in more variable conditions, and as has been said before, the 119's in a length above 190cms is going to give you plenty of float. In any case, I'd prefer to be a bit more immersed in the powder than you probably would be with the 130's.. Shiro's all the way (plus they're a cracking ski!).
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Think I've come to the same conclusion that 119mm is easily big enough and shiro's seem to have great float and I'd use them more often!
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
mbydmt,

More info here: http://www.tetongravity.com/forums/archive/index.php?t-262140.html

Last edited by Ski the Net with snowHeads on Sun 5-01-14 22:49; edited 1 time in total
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Unless you are a 7 foot tall, 20 stone monster who skis at 2 mph, there is no way you will need more than the Shiro here in St Anton.... NO WAY!
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy