Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Intrawest flexes its muscles....

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
.......at Winter Park.

One wonders what Intrawest have in store for Les Arcs given their increasing involvement there - they are already a major investor in the lift co., Compagnie des Alpes, and of course Arc 1950 'is' Intrawest.

Lift companies virtually rule the communities where they have such a disproportionate influence in terms of local economics, so whether N. American, French, Russian, whatever, it's probably a case of "plus ça change"...
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Looks like the lease is very poorly worded. If Winter Park wanted to protect the ski jumps, it should have said so!
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
DavidS, True. Still, Intrawest's 'improving facilities for beginners' line might be better/more honestly rendered by 'piling in the punters'?
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Hah! You cynic. And there I was thinking they had all our interests at heart...
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
DavidS, you don't fool me, I've always had you down as having at least one foot firmly in the sceptics' camp.....
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
This is how the real world operates. No profit no development.

It is similar to the squash sport in UK. Over the years I must have seen 30% of the squash courts converted into aerobic dance halls or gyms.

Any resort must be commercially viable before it can afford to promote excellence in sport.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
PG, I don't see the issue, honestly. Given the limited real estate available and the fact that there are five jumps total and only the two largest will be removed, is this really that big a deal?

Let's compare the total number of users of the two possible uses for the real estate. Doing that one could argue that use of all of that space for the very limited number of people and time that it's currently used is an utter waste.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
ssh, No real issue as far as I'm concerned, I don't know anything like enough about what's going on to comment. And as saikee says, it's the real world. Still, the ability of increasingly powerful corporations to influence local (and even national) issues on the political level I do find disturbing.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
PG, I don't disagree with you on that, but Intrawest isn't really that big (as corporations go). They have made a huge and positive difference at both Copper and Winter Park here in Colorado. I really like they way they are managing those mountains, and as far as I'm concerned, their approach has revitalized Copper.

I also admit I don't have a lot of sympathy for whiners. Wink Twisted Evil
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Hi, am in Whistler at moment, and have been coming here for 10 seasons now. You do hear a few locals moaning about the "corporation" but i can see all the changes trhey have made here, and i keep on coming back ... Toofy Grin
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
ssh,
Quote:
Intrawest isn't really that big (as corporations go).

I suppose it's all relative. The corner shop is pretty big in a hamlet....
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
PG, you got that right!
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Quote:
the world's leading operator and developer of village-centered
resorts, with in excess of $500 million in operating revenues generated by its
diversified collection of award winning resorts

Well perhaps a tad bigger than the village shop after all!
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy