Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Courchevel Resort Report Feedback Thread

Poster: A snowHead
This is a feedback thread for Kosciosco's resort report:

Courchevel (February 2006)

Feel free to add, comment, or write your own report...
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
...and travelling backward in time, a report from fraserp:

Courchevel1850 (January 2005)
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Another report on Courchevel from fraserp, this time staying at the Chalet Hotel Dahu, run by Mark Warner - which sounds v. good:

Courchevel (January 2006)
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Thanks for that. I'm taking a small School group (6th form only) to the Catina 1st week of Easter hols (24 March for us) so "chalet" feedback very useful. Wasn't expecting too much TBH given it is pretty cheap for C1850 and only want it for a bed/bath/food-I can read through the lines on the Skiworld website-but at least have got top floor rooms after hearing there is a popular bar underneath!
Anyone know anything about the place-TJ's I think??
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Hi

The Catina,is very central,only 2 to 3 minute walk to the slopes. For the price that skiworld normally charge for it,you cannot go to far wrong in one of the top ski resorts in the world.

Yes the bar below is popular with brits and irish,think the 6th formers will be happy. It is not a noisy,noisy place though so should be OK on top floor.

Try the Caves disco just down the road,if they will let you in to see another side to Courchevel 1850.

Enjoy
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
A further report from Hurtle:

Courchevel (January 2009)

Feel free to add, comment, or write your own report...
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Nice report Hurtle - although I did have to look up 'congenial' just in case wink

I agree - we had a great time and met some lovely people, all of whom were repeat offenders and I would certainly do another Inspired to Ski course again. I was meaning to do a report perhaps for the Bend Ze Knees section, with a comparison to the Snoworks course but I haven't got round to it yet.... Very Happy

Apparently I am not as serious in the flesh as on sH Madeye-Smiley - three of us in our group seemed to spend the whole week laughing, not helped by our instructor's love of analogies such as orange segments, aspirin bottles and grapes, with corks probably being our favourite wink Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
cathy wrote:
I was meaning to do a report perhaps for the Bend Ze Knees section, with a comparison to the Snoworks course but I haven't got round to it yet.... Very Happy

Please do, I'd like to read that.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I'm a regular to the three valleys and only pass through Courchevel 1850 before going home to Meribel - but I think the resort has couple of major flaws.
Firstly the main lift / ski reception complex smack in the middle of town is hideously ugly. You can't avoid looking at it at every day.
Secondly, from that complex it's all eggs, getting quite old now as well, I seriously think Meribel valley has a better more modern lift system. Many of the lifts around Le Praz, La Tania, Couch 1650 / 1550 are a real joke, including snail pace single chairs.
There are some very good runs, and they do make a good effort with the piste grooming above 1850 (though not below).
If you can get a good deal, then why not, I'm sure the hotels can be amazing, but it is not a perfect wonderland, more a triumph of fashion over common sense.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
largechris, for skiing the whole of the 3V, it is certainly more convenient to stay in Meribel ie in the middle of the whole domain.
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Hurtle, See, told you snowHeads were nice in the real world wink Glad you had a good time, sonds like real fun. My favourite quote so far:
Quote:

three of us in our group seemed to spend the whole week laughing
...sooo good for the soul snowHead
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
largechris, don't think any of the lifts in the Three Valleys are a "real joke". With the upgrades in the past few years there's only one really old "egg" from Le Praz (the other one has new cabins) and the ones from 1550 (there's a newish high speed chair there too) and 1650 are ok. From La Croisette they're all quite modern - Verdons being a large 8 seater. Plenty of high speed chairs as other options via Plantrey, Biollay, Suisse etc if you don't like gondolas to get back up to the top of Saulire. There are still a few drags - but they're useful alternatives in bad weather or if there are queues to be avoided plus the beginners areas of course.

Don't know where you get the idea there are single chairs from? None in the whole of the Three Valleys are there? A couple of old 2 and 3 seater ones towards 1650 (but avoided on the high speed Chanrossa) plus the old 2 seater on the Loze link - (avoided by using the high speed Lanches chair). Runs below 1850 are always groomed well too.

Certainly comparable with Meribel or any of the other Valleys IMHO
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Hurtle wrote:
A few Russians around, perfectly well-behaved (I only had to explain once what a queue was)

Laughing Laughing Laughing
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
SkiTotal Chalet Plein Sud 1850 Skit Total. We booked by telephone. Their website described chalet as spacious with all en-suite rooms. On arrival we found the room so small it could only contain two single beds, a bedside table & tiny bathroom with no lavatory. Also, lift to 4th floor not working, distance to slopes misleading. We complained immediately and were offered use of a communal lavatory and a cupboard in the sitting room for our clothes. We asked to speak to a manager but after three further requests and two hours wait no manager contacted us. Eventually we spoke to a rep by telephone. He told us there was no alternative accommodation in the resort and he was looking for a chest of drawers for us. He said the chalet staff told him we would be happy with this. They denied it. Having been misled by the website and telephone rep, ignored by the manager and lied to by the company rep we left. Ski total has refused any apology or compensation. We went to the Courchenige Hotel which was more expensive but very good. Up above Pein Sud, on the piste fabulous inevery way. A great find but annoying to have paid money to Skittal for teh pleasure of finding it.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
grw1966, welcome to snowHead

Interesting that you're comparing a company that's charging 750 per person for accommodation, 1/2 board, flights & transfers to a sk in/out luxury hotel that charges 3x as much for just accomodation and 1/2 board.

not really apples with apples is it
snow report
bertie bit surprised that was what you took from the post, i did not seek to compare it is as you say a diff product, that was just where we ended up and a view that this was a good place, indeed we are returning next year. I meant to make clear that to me, a 4 diamond luxury chalet with en suite could, reasonably, by most folk, be expected to offer one a loo. What do you think?
snow conditions
Ski Total have a dodgy rep from what I can make out. But they are "budget" and a mass TO so....

fenella/grw1966, couple of points. 1) It doesn't seem like you did much research. The location of the accomodation if important can be researched, as can be the basics of the accomodation - like the size of the rooms, etc. Lesson to learn for the future, check these things out before you book. 2) I am surprised someone who can afford to stay in 150 to 328 Euro a night Hotel in 1850 is booking with Ski Total at all.

It does sound like Ski Total did not match up to their billing but as I say I am not surprised and I would have scrutinised it more before I booked.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy