Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Rossignol Temptation 82 2012/2013 - Suitable for me?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hello Very Happy

It was my birthday recently and I'm going to buy my first pair of non rental skis! I'm very excited, but a bit daunted by the whole thing. Normally I just turn up and take what I'm given!

I really love the look of the Rossignol Temptation 82 2012/2013 (although I know that's not the most important thing), they seem versatile and I've read some really good reviews. However, I'm a bit concerned they might be too advanced for me.

Reading an article about skill levels, the level that I think best describes me is the end level of what they call 'Advanced':

"You are now skiing with strong parallel turns in various conditions and you have begun to develop your ability to ski short & long radius turns. You enjoy the feeling of carving your turns and the speed it brings. You are more accomplished at skiing on Black runs and feeling more comfortable in the moguls but you want to improve. At this stage you want to learn about different types of terrain such as Off-Piste and and how to ski them. You are ideally looking for skis or boots that will help you to excel both on piste and off or even in the terrain park." ~ (Terrain park not so much!)

I regularly do semi off-piste skiing (e.g. Tortin, Verbier) but nothing harder than that. I had previously considered myself to be an intermediate skier and always asked for intermediate ski's when renting, however, I really struggled to keep up with my brother (who bought his own skis a few years ago) when occassionally following him off piste. I always thought it was because I was less advanced and considerably less 'gung-ho' than him, and decided I must just be piste girl and that off-piste probably wasn't for me. Then I went with someone else and on the second day they marched me back to the rental place and made me swap my skis for a more advanced pair that were a bit more off-piste friendly and I had THE. BEST. TIME! Everything, on-piste and off, felt so much easier!

So I'd like a ski that will match my ability, and something I can hopefully grow into a bit following my new found love of powder.

Would the Temptation 82s be too much for me? Are their any other skis people would recommend?

Thanks very much!

Georgie
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy