Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Next years season pass prices. Chamonix.

Poster: A snowHead
Just had an email with the prices for next year. The unlimited pass will be-

Adulte (16-64ans)
860,00 € super promo for returning customers before 11/10
885,00 € promo before end of November
1584,00 €. Normal price.

Last years was 838 e
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
jbob, ah good, were behind a password when I checked last week.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
So €1,358.50 per couple, res secondaires or g de pays.

PDS seems better value this year at €660 odd...
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
I've had a look at the T&Cs on the CMB website but my french is not up to the required standard. I've also had a quick search on here but it still hasn't answered my question. I wonder if someone in the know could help?

What constitutes a resident? If you are renting a place on a season by season basis or does it have to be an annual let? Do you actually have to own a property in the Valley?

I can see you need a GDP/RS card with the relevant numbers to get the discount. Can anybody (with a rental contract) apply for one?

Thanks
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Buddy1664, not sure, it's the Marie that issues the GdP, apparently it's harder to get one in Chamonix than Les Houches! It's also possible to get a discounted card as a worker with a French contract which they re confirm during the season.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Buddy,

You need Secondary Residence card (you qualify for this if you OWN a property in the valley and have paid at least one years tax on the property) or you are living in the valley and have at least one years tax returns.
There is as Jbob says a Seasonaires pass available at a discount to those working 1st season on a French contract - but this is the Le Pass not Unlimited area - it is quite cheap if memory serves.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Thanks jbob, Idris, looks like I fit non of those criteria as a tenant that will be commuting back to London for work. Early bird public price it is then.Crying or Very sad

Idris, looking forward to some of your pre-season photos to get me excited during the coming months.

Very Happy Very Happy
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Buddy1664, you may just want to double check with the mairie - as I seem to recall that if you have a formal contract for your rental, that may qualify you for something. If you're not working here it's a "carte resident" that you need.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
under a new name, Ok cheers, will do.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
So do Chamonix publicise their "locals" deals openly on their website? I was under the impression that the confusion over who qualifies for what, was due to the deals being "unofficial" and quasi-secret? I read somewhere that they are illegal under french law (or at least illegal if the same deal is not available to all french nationals on income support etc?), but the locals would go ballistic if the lift-companies withdrew them Shocked .

I've never heard of a GdP or RS card over here, that would be much fairer than letting the bonne-femmes at the ticket office decide whether they like the look (or sound) of you when you present your always inadequate paperwork... Mad
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
shep, they do and have done in most in recent years, although they didn't in our first year (2006-7) and we missed out. Didn't pay attention thereafter as we knew what to do.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
The PDS discount is set out pretty clearly on the following document on the Avoriaz website.

http://www.avoriaz.com/station-alpes-france/documents/334-pds-jusqu-au-28-mars-2014-publics.pdf

Don't recall seeing it on the Chatel website though and I don't think I will manage quite enough days to make it worthwhile (more's the pity).
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
A few years back, the cheap deal was only available at the ticket office so greatly favoured locals, at least it's online now. Some of them anyway.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
DJL, under a new name, jbob, thanks guys good to know. What's not shown then is the permanent resort-resident Morzine+Avz+LesGets deal then, but at least temp resident ski-bums can get their cheap PDS without it being a grey area now - hopefully Toofy Grin
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Hi Guys i've applied for the carte resident for the valley from the Mairie and am waiting for it to be delivered. Does anyone know how to go about getting the discounted resident annual passes? I've had a look online but the CMB site doesn't have anything obvious on it. I saw an article on Chamonet saying that they're only available by phone in seasons past. Any help appreciated!
latest report
Try this
http://www.compagniedumontblanc.co.uk/en/lift-passes/rs
snow conditions
Just realised you don't have resident card yet - my recollection is that you can put a bunch of zeros in the box for resident card number, and then show the real card when you collect the pass.
You can only collect from Montenvers lift pass office.
ski holidays
IL2880, residents cards aren't delivered from the (chamonix) mairie, you have to go in and collect them...

(Just in case you were sitting impatiently by your letter box)
ski holidays
under a new name, yep. That's how it's been for the last few years. Always reminds me of the 12 tasks of asterix getting anything done in the Marie. Nearly drove me to a falling down scenario last year. J
snow conditions
reminds me, i need to pick up my pass from the station Very Happy
snow report
Picked up my season pass this week. It was ready to use right away. Had a ride up on the Montenveres train and the Brevent bubble feels real now.
snow conditions
kesone1, don't get me started. "opening hours" are "for guidance only"...
snow conditions
yeah, think the bubble closes this weekened again doesnt it? Not that it matters, were of to biarritz for a month on saturday Very Happy
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy