Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Skiing in Oslo – how doable from the airport?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi – I’m hoping to go to Norway in early Jan and might have about an 8 hour wait at Oslo airport. I wondered whether this would be enough time to check out the downhill skiing on the outskirts of Oslo. Anyone ever been? Know if it’s doable to and from the airport via buses/trams/trains etc?
Thanks for any info.
NN
PS Also, what's the skiing like? I'm guessing pretty limited but fun/novel (what with it being so close to a major city etc)
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I did it in Dec 2010 - my stopover was an 11am arrival to flight departure time of 8.30pm. Took the bus into Oslo city and one train about 20 mins up to Tryvann. Think there was a bus then that took a couple of minutes up the hill. Picked up rental skis and straight out. Skiied a few hours (pretty limited as you can see from the website) - the slopes are floodlit and open late - then took the train back to Oslo but with a detour to look at Holmenkollen ski jump and a very quick sandwich in the restaurant there.

http://www.oslovinterpark.no/index.php?option=com_content&view=category&layout=blog&id=58&Itemid=477#.Um_A1FHz3zI

http://www.holmenkollenrestaurant.no/index.php

It was a good day out. I've spent other days in Oslo during the summer or without the time to go to Tryvann and I'd definitely recommend skiing over anything else
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
We once got dirt cheap Ryanair flights to Oslo & skied two days at Tryvan. Very limited area but we're easil pleased where sliding on snow is concerned! The ski area is easily reached from the city. It's very novel to board an underground train in a world capital in full ski kit & carrying skis!
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
You could always go xc skiing at Holmenkollen
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Many thanks for these. I'd also be tempted by a weekend in Oslo. Love city skiing - been to Innsbruck loads, and Vancouver is also on my list!
Cheers.
NN
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Is the airport on top of a hill?
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy