Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Olympic Dream - Sochi 2014

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
The British Nordic Squad are raising £5000 towards the pre olympic training programme for the senior athletes. We already have 4 qualified places and are hoping to have a fifth qualified place by February. The web site is here:

http://www.crowdfunder.co.uk/britishnordic/

and they are already over half way there. They need to raise another £2300 by 18th November or the money is returned to the backers.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
just had a look at the site and they are getting closer already. Hopefully they will hit the target with a bot of help from some snowheads
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
this is the one annoying thing that athletes and teams do all too often... they open a sentence with i / we need £5000 to fund my/our trip to Sochi! well how about breaking it down a bit to smaller manageable chunks such as

we need 3 flights at £800 each, 3 hotel rooms at £120 a night etc etc simply saying we need £5k is not what anyone wants to hear, besides how does anyone know that they are not in the maldives blogging like they are on the hill???

as a business owner it is very difficult to stump up cash, but to book a flight or pay for a hotel room is much simpler within the day to day running of an organisation

time for people to think before the beg

/rant over
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
CEM wrote:
this is the one annoying thing that athletes and teams do all too often... they open a sentence with i / we need £5000 to fund my/our trip to Sochi! well how about breaking it down a bit to smaller manageable chunks such as

we need 3 flights at £800 each, 3 hotel rooms at £120 a night etc etc simply saying we need £5k is not what anyone wants to hear, besides how does anyone know that they are not in the maldives blogging like they are on the hill???

as a business owner it is very difficult to stump up cash, but to book a flight or pay for a hotel room is much simpler within the day to day running of an organisation

/rant over

fair point!
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
and it wouldn't be that hard to put a page similar to the million dollar website whereby people can click on the part of the funding that they want to support. I do feel for these athletes and have, in the past and probably will in the future contribute, but they need to be a little more creative in the way they ask for support.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
they are £800 short the last time I looked at the website, so people are supporting them
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
well they broke through their target
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
CEM wrote:

/rant over

Fair point but as an individual it is easier to find a tenner or a ton to chip in to the overall thing so guess they need to do what works for each type of possible supporter. Great to see they have hit the target and I'm glad I could help them a little bit!
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
The squad will be pleased - and many thanks to everyone for their support.

Most of the senior squad (who are hoping to take part at Sochi) are on an altitude camp in italy at the moment, a week in Livigno and now in Val Senales. There are blog posts on what the have been up to here:

Fi
http://fiona-hughes.com/

Alex
http://mcstanden.blogspot.co.uk/
Though he hasn't updated the blog recently, he was coaching with the youth squad in the Torsby snow tunnel the week before the altitude camp.

Andrew Young

http://ayoungxcskier.blogspot.co.uk/

Fi tends to update most frequently.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
CEM wrote:

/rant over

They need a lot more than £5000 to fund their season. They are utilising the power of the internet to try & engage with the wider public & in this case they seem to have been reasonably successful.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Peter Thorn, yes, but I think they should have given a higher target on line as they reached £5000 within two weeks but have now stuck
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Difficult to know where to set it, particularly as if the target wasn't reached no money would be raised. Nordic is a minority sport and, as evidenced by the number of replies Nordic post get doesn't garner a lot of interest from the public. Hopefully this might change if the team put in some good performances at Sochi in February.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Dave Horsley, yes fair point. I hope they do well. Minority sport struggles for funding and only really comes to the fore when they do well in Olympics and get some TV coverage. What they are looking to raise is one tenth of some footballers' weekly wage. I sometimes wonder if the big sports could help the small ones out a bit?
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy