Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

The future of Scottish ski tests?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
To Brae or not to Brae, that is the question...

In past years, when we've arranged ski-tests at MK or Castleford, there have been cries of, "Why no us" from North of the border.
And so here we are, with a grand tour of the Nation, spanning our most Northerly and (almost) most Southerly indoor snowSlopes.

However, of the 4 ski tests we've got organised for this month, Braehead is clearly the one with least interest Sad Not just the actual sign-ups but the names down as 'mildly' or 'very' interested, are rather few.
These events are not money-makers - they are being arranged for the benefit of the snowHeads community and it's a little ironic therefore that Braehead is also the one that costs me the most to make happen.

Even though I knew that I, wouldn't be able to make this date myself
as I'm committed to a (snowHeads) wedding
, I thought you guys would appreciate it so Windymiller, who has been helping out at most of the ski tests, has volunteered to come instead and I'll be covering his costs.

Now, I'm not suggesting that we'll cancel this, scheduled event: on principle, I'll see these things through as a promise once I've committed to them but it's going to be hard to justify coming back again, if we don't see a little enthusiasm to make the time, effort and cost worthwhile. To put it bluntly, it's a 'use it or lose it' scenario.

We had a good hundred pairs of skis at MK yesterday and a good flow of snowHeads trying them out. Some were looking to buy, some were just learning how different skis feel but everyone was having fun.
Personally, I'd like very much to see this working as well as the other venues, I'd like to have the excuse to come up there next time - so I'd like there to be a next time Confused
So come on! Surely there are a few more of you who'd enjoy an afternoon messing about on skis? If II can make it from Skye and Windymiller from London, surely you've no excuse - it'd be rude not to? Wink
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Have you considered teaming up with the winterhighland site and getting it advertised on there??

http://www.winterhighland.info/general/
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Indeed kitenski, that may be a good idea.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
admin, how many arrowheeeds have you actually got in Scotland?
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
admin, I would like to have attended but can't, has anyone booked through Ellis Brigham as I looked at their and Snowfactor's websites for information to give a non Snowhead and I couldn't find any. I was at a ski test two years ago and really enjoyed it so anyone not sure about going or thinking about buying new skis this is a great way to test a few. Incidentally I and many other people work Saturdays which means taking a holiday to attend events such as this assuming in my case there is someone to cover for me.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
larry1950, why would anyone be a 'non-snowHead'? Shocked

It's cheapest booking through snowHeads and there's 'extra benefits' too Wink
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
admin, Sadly not everyone is computer friendly but don't worry I let them know all about Snowheads and gave them the information on the ski test. Smile
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
admin, I haven't pressed the button to say 'I am interested' as I know I can't go. Braehead is best location for me, and I would go, but I am committed to a conference that I cannot get out of (work commitment).
Next year, if there is a Braehead event, I would again be interested but..... every year there are two events for work that are non-negotiable. This year they are November 15/16/17 and November 22/23/24
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Likewise, I would normally have been keen to attend this but sadly the date clashes with a close friend's stag do. We do appreciate the effort of organizing something to make us feel included though! Smile
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
admin, there was a ski test this weekend at Braehead run by Blues.
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
admin, I would love to go but GF has something planned for me that weekend so cant go, sorry.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy