Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Its all hammer and tongs ( again ) on the SCGB site

Poster: A snowHead
They're at it again - big fight!.

and unsurprisingly starring the gold-fish one ( who else?) and the subject being heli-skiing, old bun-fights concerning the club.,etc....

makes one lose the desire to live rolling eyes

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Thu 20-04-06 19:43; edited 1 time in total
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Thanks for the breathless report, hibernia.
Is this a membership drive, or a suicide note?
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
ooh I must go!

I'll creep in unoticed again!

Last edited by Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see? on Thu 20-04-06 19:47; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
hibernia, go o, let us have your logon details so we can have a shuftie. Promise not to say anything that may get you in trouble wink
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I really must join . . . Blush
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Rather there than here rolling eyes
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Frosty the Snowman, I thought you were off to get your nuts shelled ?
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
If anyone wishes to cut 'n paste the thread over here I've no objection. The other copyright holders can state their own preferences.

The future of heli-skiing is, actually, a relevant environmental issue for us all.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Timberwolf wrote:

Quite agree,

I just popped in and it's only DG winding them up. Why they fall for it is beyond me Laughing
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Masque wrote:
I really must join . . . Blush

Yeah! right Laughing Laughing Laughing

Do you think they'll offer snowHeads a discount??
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
The Abominable snowHead wrote:
If anyone wishes to cut 'n paste the thread over here I've no objection. The other copyright holders can state their own preferences.

The future of heli-skiing is, actually, a relevant environmental issue for us all.

That was the title of the thread, but it changed to other things that lead to the slanging match.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
the main protagonists are the goldfish one and Tim Brown ( + others )

winner will be announced later.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
hibernia, out of mild curiosity, are they actually debating the issue, or has the argument moved on to some other non-related matter that happens here?
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
I think its safe to say that David Goldsmith is not The Abominable Tim Brown
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Masque, please do join!
ski holidays
Ray Zorro, no refeence to snowheads, but wait, it does concern a thread that did appear on snowheads about six or so months ago ( ? )concerning a snowhead called snowball on this section ( SCGB ) of the site. So the original issue, that has now developed into a slanging match, apologies requested, etc...., appears to have been a Snowheads posting.
latest report
I remember snowball was upset about that thread. Storm in a teacup.
snow report
hibernia, that's not what the apologies are being requested over.
snow report
Masque wrote:
Frosty the Snowman, I thought you were off to get your nuts shelled ?
I'm going to the eosb,not bloody Iraq.
snow conditions
Its well worth watching, and its keeping Mr Goldsmith fully occupied which leaves us in peace for a while. He launched 6 or 7 threads in about 10 days and then waited for people to bite which they did in a manner that must have made his day. Mr Goldsmith has taken a few hits below the waterline especially his habit of refusing to answer awkward questions.
ski holidays
riverman, makes one pine for the good old days of T&C here.
latest report
Tim Brown, Well I certainly can't hide behind a mask if I do wink
latest report
Masque, I don't think anyone would object to your turning up at the Ski Club Ball, Royal Lancaster Hotel, in a mask.

'Black tie' is obligatory. Dress suggestions:
snow conditions
Masque, agreed, but that's the best thing about the scgb forum, no silly names and no multiple personalities.
ski holidays
Tim Brown, agreed
latest report
I'd agree with that too. The problem is that our Club's forum is almost devoid of fresh threads and new blood, and we're a 30,000-member body.

So it's a bit of a moot point.
ski holidays
Quote:

Ski Club Ball, Royal Lancaster Hotel

Wherabouts in Lancaster is this place?
ski holidays
South Lancaster, overlooking Hyde Park
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Tim Brown wrote:
Masque, agreed, but that's the best thing about the scgb forum, no silly names and no multiple personalities.

Are you taking the pi$$ ?
snow conditions
The Abominable snowHead,

I thought one of your main concerns was that the SCGB was not attracting a big enough percentage of the skier/snowboarder population of the UK ?

You keep asking questions about added value from their website, magazine, reps and the number of new skiers signed up by the reps. I think you also keep tabs on figures from yesteryear which you produce to make comparisons.

The helisking/trains to resort questions are probably about as popular with many as electric cars would be with Jeremy Clarkson.

Taking the green issues to the logical conclusion would probably mean asking people not to go abroad on holiday like other pressure groups.
snow conditions
South Lancaster, overlooking Hyde Park
I thought South Lancaster overlooked Garstang Shocked
ski holidays
I have 5 club memberships, my kids will never notice they're missing as I don't think they realise they're even members Laughing Offers please? Twisted Evil
latest report
Latchigo wrote:
The Abominable snowHead ... Taking the green issues to the logical conclusion would probably mean asking people not to go abroad on holiday like other pressure groups.

Yes, it sounds like complete and utter madness doesn't it?
Don't know if you've been up to the glaciers in summer recently, but the latest ideas are firing snowguns at them and covering them with protective plastic sheets.
Tough choices lie ahead.
snow report
boredsurfin wrote:
Timberwolf wrote:

Quite agree,

I just popped in and it's only DG winding them up. Why they fall for it is beyond me Laughing

It's got nothing to do with responding to a wind up. I have been an SCGB member for about thirty years and have got a lot out of it. It concerns me that if new members go into the SCGB chat room they could get the impression from all the nonsense threads that Goldsmith starts that the club is in crisis. It is not. Goldsmith is abusing the spirit of the SCGB message board for his own agenda. Tedious though it is, someone has to make it clear that Goldsmith's views are not representative.

It's exactly the same on Snowheads when Goldsmith posts crap, somebody has to respond to it.
snow report
[quote="richjp"]
boredsurfin wrote:
Timberwolf wrote:

It's exactly the same on Snowheads when Goldsmith posts crap, somebody has to respond to it.

oops Embarassed Embarassed I've just done that on another adjacent thread. Embarassed
latest report
richjp, careful, you might upset DG's followers!
snow conditions
richjp
I take it the "crap" you so charmingly refer to does not include the factual data which has been sourced from the Club's annual reports. This included:
---------------------------------
NEW MEMBER RECRUITMENT
1992-3: 989 new members recruited by reps, in 33 resorts.
2004-5: 699 new members recruited by reps, in 44 resorts.

COST OF REPPING SERVICE
2004-5: £184,857 ('Skiing Operations' expenditure).
1992-3: £71,637.

NUMBER OF SKIERS SKIING WITH REPS
1992-3: "approx 7000" people (across 33 resorts)
2004-5: 5528 people (across 44 resorts)
---------------------------------
Instead of publishing gratuitous insults to a fellow member of your Club on a public forum, how about presenting a positive friendly image?
We're one big happy family, at the end of the day ... aren't we?
snow report
David Goldsmith wrote:
We're one big happy family, at the end of the day ... aren't we?

er... seemingly not.
ski holidays
DavidS, in real life, SCGB members skiing on the slopes do seem to be a happy bunch. The SCGB section of the club forum has been acrimonious. By bringing those squabbles to snowheads DG has been bringing the club into disrepute, IMO.
snow conditions
David Goldsmith wrote:

Why don't you stick with one user name? I thought the David Goldsmith version had gone off in a huff?
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy