Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Looking for Ideas

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi

Looking to ski 18th Jan 2014 for 1 week..........2 of us, intermediate skiers....On a budget of course....Enjoy lively apres ski ...flying out of the midlands.

CHalet, apartment, or B&B..........

Where shall we go..?????????...........New ideas wanted please.........

Cheers
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
perhaps suggesting where you have already been will get a more meaningful reply to "New ideas wanted please"
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
SuperRam, Welcome to snowHead

As said above, a little more clarity on requirements may help, otherwise anything is an option! For example are you happy to cook or would you prefer catered?

18th Jan should be as cheap as you get so good week
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Whats the budget? how lively? can you drive or need transfers? Should get a good deal on a package in a chalet.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Quote:

perhaps suggesting where you have already been will get a more meaningful reply to "New ideas wanted please"

+1
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
SuperRam,
Welcome to snowHead although if you want specific advice the above remarks apply. My usual suggestion needs no knowledge of previous resorts skied.
You are two people on budget going lowish season. Waiting till shortly before departure will generally allow you to take advantage of heavily discounted package holidays providing you are reasonably flexible about getting to a mainstream charter airport.
Although in mid January snow conditions are reasonably reliable,conditions often vary across Europe and you will begin a position to go for the very best. Great snow can turn a good holiday into a great one.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I am thinking the same thing. My OH and I both have the week 18th January booked off to go skiing but we are not sure where yet. I'm going to leave it until at least December and see how conditions look and what deals there are Smile
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
THanks for the replys guys.......I think leaving it till December will probably be the best for a good deal.........

Has anyone got any experience of Obergurgl in Austria as i have never skied there but looks and sounds a decent place ?? Puzzled
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
SuperRam, welcome to snowHead despite the fact that your choice of football team leaves a little to be desired. I think waiting until nearer the time is a good call because mid Jan is pretty much low season and you may be able to pick up some good deals in resorts which are having great snow, especially if you are flexible about the airport you fly from. You should be able to search the forums for Obergurgl reviews.

Also, if you let people know where you have been, what sort of skiing you like, what kind of apres you are after and whether you have a preference for self catering, chalet or hotel, you'll get more out of the snowHead. Otherwise you may get some smart-alec comments (sometimes I think the snowHead are a bit like the two blokes [Statler and Waldorf] who sat at the back of the muppet theatre making daft comments). Good luck with the search and let us know how you get on.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
SuperRam wrote:
THanks for the replys guys.......I think leaving it till December will probably be the best for a good deal.........

Has anyone got any experience of Obergurgl in Austria as i have never skied there but looks and sounds a decent place ?? Puzzled

Sister went to Obergurgl and loved it but was not looking for quality apres as she was having a family holiday. Other resorts in Austria such as Solden or Saalbach are rather better known for their apres. It is also a very high resort and could be pretty cold in a cold January.
Personally I might be inclined to wait a little longer till early Jan before booking unless an unmissable deal comes up.
Condtions can change quite quickly at this time of the year and the best deals do not usually appear till a fortnight or less before departure.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy