Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Lavachet Apartments-Tignes

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Anyone have any experience of the Lavachet Apts in Tigne? Looking to go March 15th and this seems to be about the only non chalet thing i can find package wise. I don't mind budget as somewhere to sleep and not much else but don't fancy anywhere that may attract the younger more 'lively' night owls.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Which apartments?

Les Glacier apts in Tignes are very up market and the home to a few snowheads wink wink
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
lordlucan, there's plenty of packages offering a nanny service too. wink

Welcome to snowHead s!
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
lordlucan, I would steer clear of Home Club appartments - the haunt of saisonnaires and student groups! Plenty of other good places though.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
We stayed in Tignes Val Claret in an apt in La Lavachet, I think. It was absolutely tiny and pretty shabby. Just about tolerable for 2 adults, 2 kids. Cooking virtually impossible. Location brilliant, dirt cheap, so there you go.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
the term "Lavachet apartments" is generally used by Crystal and other Tour ops , they are the HOME CLUB apartments in Le Lavachet , not the most glamorous of accomm but you can ski back to them and they are only about 200m from the piste.

Good value for a self catering ski holiday though

there are night security in the home club ensuring no late night parties / noise etc , but it is a big block and as such there is a lot of people around early morning and coming back from apres ski etc
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I've stayed in the 'Home Club' apartments, admittedly back in 1991, but the memory is still imprinted on my brain. Awful is probably the best word I could use to describe them. Dodgy youth hostel quality at best.

Back then, there was absolutely nothing in Lavachet either, one restaurant and one shop as I remember. It was quite a walk to Tignes Le Lac and a good bus ride to the main lifts at Val Claret. I expect things have changed in nearly 20 years though!
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
queen bodecia wrote:
I've stayed in the 'Home Club' apartments, admittedly back in 1991, but the memory is still imprinted on my brain. Awful is probably the best word I could use to describe them. Dodgy youth hostel quality at best.

Back then, there was absolutely nothing in Lavachet either, one restaurant and one shop as I remember. It was quite a walk to Tignes Le Lac and a good bus ride to the main lifts at Val Claret. I expect things have changed in nearly 20 years though!

yep the home club is probably better than back in 91 ! Lavachet has a great deal going on now with live music 5 times a week , superb apres ski to be had ..4 restaurants 4 bars 1 pizza takeaway , 1 supermarket , bakery , lift pass office etc etc lavachet.com has info
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Apologies for resurrecting this old thread but I am also looking at staying in Lavachet, this time in the early season. Will the Lavachet lifts be open between 14-21st December or would we have to get the bus to Val Claret every day?
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
If there is snow to ski to them they will be open. Will there be snow - well that's another question - but it would be highly unlikely to be green by the 3rd week in Dec
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I used to live in the Lavachet apartments, they are really basic. a good base if you're not planning on spending much time in them but if theres more than two of you it is a big squeeze in most. Can also be really lively there so you might not get much sleep. You can ski almost to your door though and theres a few bars on your doorstep to stumble back from.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
asherh wrote:
Apologies for resurrecting this old thread but I am also looking at staying in Lavachet, this time in the early season. Will the Lavachet lifts be open between 14-21st December or would we have to get the bus to Val Claret every day?

If there is the white stuff, yes.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy