Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

I don't ask for much - bindings

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Morning all

I'll be honest, i normally select my board and associated paraphernalia based on colour. But now I would like to buy some bindings that actually make my life easier.

I ride a bataleon Violenza and I have my old K2 bindings on it which must be about 8 seasons old now and looking a little frail, they are the normal toe and ankle strap/ ratchet type bindings.

I'd really appreciate some suggestions for bindings that are quick to do up primarily!
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Nadenoodlee, I keep meaning to try and find a pair of these to replace my flows:

http://k2snowboarding.com/product/cinch-cts?category=2013-14

(Not that the Flows are terrible, just looking for some more performance.)
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Good shout- thanks AndAnotherThing..,
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Nadenoodlee, What kind of riding are you into? Park, steeps or an all-rounder?
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Nadenoodlee,
If your looking for speed and no faff then flow is the way to go;
Found that the K2 Cinch doesnt allow for such easy access due to the mechanism & thus reduces the time to get sorted. Currently have the NX2 SE which are excellent although took a fair bit of fiddling to get them just so. Also used to have the APO which was a good system but the quality isnt up to much ( with my pair anyway) ; the flows are very well put together as are the K2.
Lots of negative comments regards step in bindings but it a personal thing in the end .
Any more Q's please ask.
Mitch
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
union or flux
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
The new 2014 Flow bindings are so good they are almost like a dual function binding - you can use them like a traditional strap binding or an easy entry step in. The big leap forward this season is that, when using them as a step in, the ankle strap opens wide making it easy for you to step in, then you lock it down (in a similar fashion to a ski boot fastener) so you are locked in nice and tight. SP have had a similar (better? system for several years so both are well worth looking at.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Burton Lexa, widely considered to be the badger's nadgers in women's bindings from what I read/hear. Certainly pleased with mine. Friend who is a sponsored rider has used both those and the more expensive Escapade, went back to the Lexas as she said there wasn't any discernible difference between the two.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
My daughter rides Lexas now and loves them
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Thanks all for your advice- I'll be honest I've always been anti flow but they were rentals and it was about 16yrs ago so things may have changed.

Stupid question but burton bindings used to require special adaptor/ diff holes- is this still the case?

Can you tell I never paid attention to bindings chat?
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Just to add I swapped my old Flows for K2's Cinch and really noticed the extra time taken to get in and out. As others have said it's a personal choice thing but I'm very keen on ditching the K2's and buying a new set of Flows.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
i reckon i can be out of my F2 formulas as quick as someone can get out of their flow.

and if i cant. well the 1/2 second delay isnt a big deal.
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
mini.mansell,
Its the getting in ( to Flows) thats much faster/easier ; great in a fridge, even better as you slide off a chair & fasten in without even stopping!!
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy