Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Last minute skiing accom this weekend - PLEASE HELP!

Poster: A snowHead
Hello, I have stupidly left this very late...hoping to go skiing this weekend - flying into Geneva early Saturday but I have no accommodation booked at a ski resort!
what resort am I likely to have better luck with? everything is so expensive now, but is there anywhere near Geneva that you fellow snowheads would recommend?
Ideally I would like somewhere with great après...but know I cant have it all

I've been looking around for accommodation all day, and its expensive Sad Sad Sad
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Rude lodge Morzine? Or try airbnb?
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Nothing on airbnb! Rue lodge sold out Sad
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Vagabond in Chamonix? Or are hostel out?
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I'm of no help to you, but I'm surprised there's nothing available. Feb is the busy month so there should be stuff somewhere - I'm sure someone will be along shortly to tell you how to find it.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
There is stuff available but it's all around £500 for 2 nights...which is more than I would like to spend

Chamonix Lodge is available which is a hostel, apparently it's quite far out though?
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
The great snow over the past week or so has brought the guys who were 50/50 about skiing this season into the market, hoovering up the remaining accommodation. I'm one of them.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Might be worth trying Skifusion for Les Carroz - http://www.skifusion.co.uk/availability/

We've rented from them before we bought our own place and they were great.

Snow here is good here at the moment and it's less than an hour from Geneva.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Take a sleeping bag, hire a car, sleep on the backseat.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
http://gitelebelvedere.com/ - hostel in Argentiere. Dorm bed €20 per night.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Various small hotels in Le Chable where there is a train station that goes to/from Geneva Airport and a Cable Car direct to Verbier.
It also has a few nice bars and restaurants, but if you want a night-club you'll need to go to Verbier and get last bus (about midnight) or a taxi.
They are quite OK, 2 or 3 stars, and not overly expensive.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
look at Les Deux Alpes
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
I have 2 options it seems :

1) Stay in an airbnb which is a 15 minute uphill walk into verbier

2) or stay in Chamonix lodge, mixed dorm
https://www.booking.com/hotel/fr/mountain-highs-chamonix.en-gb.html?aid=304142;label=gen173nr-1DCAEoggJCAlhYSDNiBW5vcmVmaFCIAQGYAS64AQbIAQ7YAQPoAQGSAgF5qAID;sid=cec6dd9e10a0de1648f4524ba5348ed6;all_sr_blocks=63037301_88627813_0_1_0;checkin=2017-03-11;checkout=2017-03-13;dest_id=-1418045;dest_type=city;dist=0;group_adults=1;group_children=0;highlighted_blocks=63037301_88627813_0_1_0;hpos=1;no_rooms=1;room1=A;sb_price_type=total;srfid=a6ab08a4ad069cf9444f3dab5590f96718828231X1;type=total;ucfs=1&

I am travelling alone, which would you recommend?
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@mojitogirl, sorry, can't help with advice on those, but it looks as if Chardons have avail in Chalet Amelie Val d'Isere this weekend. It's £650ish for chalet board for the week, but in the past they did shorter for us if they had availability, and didn't load the price at all to take account of it. Don't know this chalet, as we stayed in Tignes with them, but it looks great.

http://www.chaletchardons.com/en/hotel-prices/
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
try these guys in Morzine

http://jollygood.com/

says one room remaining at the moment.. http://jollygood.com/winter-at-chalet-sherpa/
snow conditions
Try giving these folk a call https://www.mountainutopia.co.uk/
snow report
130 CHF for two nights single room at Hôtel de Torgon for skiing PdS.

160 CHF for two nights single room at Hameau les Clèves for skiing 4 Valleys.
snow report
@mojitogirl,

Of your 2 options I'd take the Verbier village private room over the Cham sud dorm. We have friends down in Verbier village and it's a nice walk up to town or grab the bus.

Verbier has great après! Stop for a drink on the pistes at Mouton Noir or 1936 and head for the Farinet as you walk back through town. You won't be disappointed!
ski holidays
£131 for 2 nights in a studio in champagny.
http://www.booking.com/hotel/fr/studio-le-dahut
£104 for 2 nights a dorm room in les brevieres (but including food)
www.booking.com/hotel/fr/chardons

Really, this isn't difficult, does the OP not have the internet?
ski holidays
try hotel Regina at Les Gets
snow report
How about this: http://www.booking.com/hotel/fr/hotel-saint-hubert £91 for 2 nights

You can be skiing at Mijoux in 40 minutes from Geneva airport (get the car from the french side, Ferney)
And then it's only 6 miles to St Claude to the hotel. I just looked at the webcams, the Jura looks brilliant at the moment
snow report
Argentiere, includes lift pass, ski/board and boot hire, and food. https://www.action-outdoors.co.uk/holiday/cart?ActivityID=17434

If you are a snowboarder you can do a full day of tuition on day 2 for £7, yes £7 more.
snow report
Try the Tignes Chalet Company
snow conditions
@andyrew, +1 seems ideal Toofy Grin
snow report
Try Hotel Christiania in Les Gets - they had a single room on the top floor - Scottish owned - so should be able to point you in the right direction.
latest report
Forgive me, you're worried about cost but thinking Verbier?! I haven't been, but on reputation I'm not convinced that adds up?
snow report
@andyrew, the Jura might look brilliant, for the Jura, or indeed Scotland, but in absolute terms? I do not think so! (The webcams I saw looked far from brilliant and given the more or less zero base a week ago...

@mojitogirl, yeti lodge argentiere? Walking distance from lifts? http://www.booking.com/hotel/fr/yeti-lodge-chalets.en-gb.html?aid=304142;label=gen173nr-1FCAEoggJCAlhYSDNiBW5vcmVmcgV1c19kY4gBA5gBLrgBB8gBDdgBAegBAfgBC6gCAw;sid=93f73ff8bbf32e56e2951699e6062b64;checkin=2017-03-11;checkout=2017-03-13;dest_id=-1418045;dest_type=city;dist=0;group_adults=1;group_children=0;no_rooms=1;room1=A;sb_price_type=total;srfid=a27921337086857f96bf6822c1255a6ed2ee6d40X2;type=total;ucfs=1&
snow conditions
I managed to find a really good deal at les deux alps! Smile
However, can't seem to find a transfer back to geneva......
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Bens Bus?
ski holidays
mojitogirl wrote:

What about all the sensible suggestions above that are far closer than Les Deux Alpes? That's a stupidly long transfer for a weekend trip.
snow report
Great deal, until you can't get back! Why ask?
latest report
@mojitogirl, yeah 2Alpes a very poor idea. The idea at weekends is minimal transfer e.g. Sub 90 mins.
ski holidays
@mojitogirl, Our studio in Champagny is still available, the one andyrew found on booking.com. We've recently had a cancellation for the next two weeks due to illness so it has only just become available again.
There is also an altibus connection from Geneva to Champagny, with a change at Moutiers.
If you want any more info just get in touch via the contact details on our website
ski holidays
sugarmoma666 wrote:
mojitogirl wrote:

What about all the sensible suggestions above that are far closer than Les Deux Alpes? That's a stupidly long transfer for a weekend trip.

Troll flag has gone high..
As I sit here in Edinburgh, we'll think of you tomorrow, when we're skiing at noon in St Jean d'aulpes. Remember, the six Ps...
latest report
Why why why would you book 2alpes and fly to Geneva Evil or Very Mad
ski holidays
@mojitogirl, I hope you will have worked this out by now, but there are three basic things that need to be kept in balance, especially for a weekend:

- accommodation cost
- transfer cost
- transfer time

It is very easy, if you choose the wrong place, for the transfer to cost way more than the accommodation.....and to waste half your day each way as well. Even at this late stage (assume you are on a plane right now) you may be better off to ditch whatever cheap accom you have booked in LDA and go for something where transfer cost/time/ease are much better.
latest report
So, @mojitogirl, we're all wondering if you made it out skiing last weekend?
snow report
Yeah what happened
snow report
The idea of only ever driving 90 minutes for a weekend is a bit silly.

If the driving is in the evening, such as Friday night flight out and Sunday night flight back then a 2.5 hour drive offers a massive increase in the quality of the skiing available.

The forecast this weekend for PdS is for it to be really warm and to rain. Personally, I would head to a higher resort.
snow report
like Tignes, we are going Saturday Toofy Grin Laughing
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy