Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Heyo: Lookin' fer Currently Hip Info from Real Skiers to Cure My Depression

Poster: A snowHead
The posts i read everywhere all seem... depressing. I live in Whistler.eh and every rainy, 25mm, fall day I think about skiing somewhere in The Euro-zone. I have skied my ass off for decades and for the last two seasons hit 150 days/season and averaged about 100 days if I didn't crash.
So far; most of my search results have been Strictly Commercial; ie: Big Ducats by Families 'en Holiday... or vids by ski-weekers=weak-skiers.
I read one thread on driving from Munich to St. Anton: Commuter traffic, shopping traffic:skier traffic. I hear Lift-Lines,too.
I have friends from Miex - across from Verbier and also in Crans Montana. They usually come HERE to ski. Why is that ? First-hand Ski-Europe INformation here is sparse for the same reasons.
Local Knowledge is: Why ski anywhere else ? This is true, too: Western ski areas in N-Am pale in comparison. I know because I skied most of 'em.
By the way; the NOAA October West coast forecast is Even Chance of Normal Temps: Above Average for Precip. Maybe a 4-5 Meter base this year?
Can a real skier land in Munich and ski his ass off in a Tyrolean Strudel without blowing eight-thousand/million dollars ?
Any real skiers with real clues that are Recent and Logistically 'smart' ?
I can fly to Vancouver - Munich for $1,500. Two week car/gas $700. $1,500-2,000 food-lodging. Lifts $500. $200 ski bag. + Insurance. + Schnapps etc.
Looks like 5K just for stuff I can think of. NO Guide or shopping or 'nice ski-bunnies ' yet.... So its $6K - 7K for a couple of weeks.
That is a Heli-week in Bella-Coola and that is another on the bucket list.
Some Average Day W/B ski vids on youtube. Search: " G3FORC3 Why I Have No Friends".
Ciao: Paul
ps: Thanks for the encouragement Graham. You give me hope that there are Current hip solo skiers who ski cheap and often.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Puzzled
Quote:

I have friends from Miex - across from Verbier and also in Crans Montana. They usually come HERE to ski. Why is that ?

ask them
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
gforce, I wouldn't bother with Austria if I were you, it's far too low for snow. Toofy Grin wink

Quote:

Nope, can't help you with that one. I don't know anyone smart, let alone any real skiers. Madeye-Smiley
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
gforce, What do you want to do ? If you just want to go to one place for two weeks then you wouldn't need a car, just get the train. Pick a resort and ask for suggestions on where to stay. If you want to go to St Anton though it looks to me as if the lift ticket would be more like $CAD 600.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Yep everyone drops $1000s for every day they ski Europe and it's always crusty mank anyway. I'd stay in Whistler it's the tits.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
OK a real clue - Flight into Genebrah or Zurich will get you respectively CH & France or CH & Aus. Turin/Milan if you want to be wildcard. Google UCPA for an idea of cheapest "all in" packages. You probably don't want the instruction so then google Vagabond Chamonix and resort tourist offices looking at Pensions & B&Bs for where you might want to go. Forget scoring killer deals on liftpasses unless you've some industry creds (ISIA card etc) which might get you a discount. Lift passes easy 35 Euro a day rising to 50ish for big name connected domains.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I'm sorry, I only speak English.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Frosty the Snowman, No you don't, you speak Yorkshire!
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
There's a lot trolls around today.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
I think he is telling us Whistler is better.
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
You're paying a lot for your flights, I'm flying to Vancouver from London for CA$1100, and you won't need to hire a car. A transfer would be a fraction of the cost, and even if you switched resorts part way through your trip, it'd still be cheaper to use transfers than to hire a car and go with all the costs associated with that.

head to one big ski area and you'll have plenty to keep you occupied for a couple of weeks

As said, head to Geneva and you'll have a much greater choice of ski areas.

Time your trip right and you won't have to worry about lift lines either.

I'm not sure what you mean by a $200 ski bag tho.

I'm heading out to Whistler myself in March, and it's costing me more than an equivalent trip to somewhere in Europe, I don't see what the problem is... you want to go somewhere that's further away than your normal trips, then it's going to cost more.
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
UCPA do "autonome" weeks, without instruction, too. But I doubt if he cares.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
pam w, if you watch his videos you might prefer he stays in the US, to fast , no consideration and to many "yeahs" "whoops"
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Filthyphil30k wrote:
pam w, if you watch his videos you might prefer he stays in the US, to fast , no consideration and to many "yeahs" "whoops"

He seemed fine to me. Kept a wide berth and line when coming across rare skiers on the "whistler: Steve follow me" vid. Why not use some speed if the pistes are that empty?
Re. whooping... well, he is North American.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Egos-and-brats-r-us ... https://www.google.co.uk/#psj=1&q=eurotrip+site:tetongravity.com
latest report
I normally expect to pay about £1,600 for 8 days of skiing including 6 with a guide. Cheap airline - nice hotel, joining ski groups with guide (or making my own group of 6) to explore the huge areas of lift-served or partly lift served off piste. Lift passes just cost what they cost - we don't really do cheap deals on them over here. Normally I'd take my own skis and boots. Obviously you can save by doing self catered accommodation.
latest report
move along folks shameless tinternet robot troll i believe.
ski holidays
Filthyphil30k wrote:

Looked fine to me -Roundhouse to Emerald in 3 minutes is just good fast skier pace.
snow report
Watched the videos and the grooming in Whistler looks rubbish. I'm out.
latest report
gforce wrote:
The posts i read everywhere all seem... depressing. I live in Whistler.eh and every rainy, 25mm, fall day I think about skiing somewhere in The Euro-zone. I have skied my ass off for decades and for the last two seasons hit 150 days/season and averaged about 100 days if I didn't crash.
So far; most of my search results have been Strictly Commercial; ie: Big Ducats by Families 'en Holiday... or vids by ski-weekers=weak-skiers.
I read one thread on driving from Munich to St. Anton: Commuter traffic, shopping traffic:skier traffic. I hear Lift-Lines,too.
I have friends from Miex - across from Verbier and also in Crans Montana. They usually come HERE to ski. Why is that ? First-hand Ski-Europe INformation here is sparse for the same reasons.
Local Knowledge is: Why ski anywhere else ? This is true, too: Western ski areas in N-Am pale in comparison. I know because I skied most of 'em.
By the way; the NOAA October West coast forecast is Even Chance of Normal Temps: Above Average for Precip. Maybe a 4-5 Meter base this year?
Can a real skier land in Munich and ski his ass off in a Tyrolean Strudel without blowing eight-thousand/million dollars ?
I can fly to Vancouver - Munich for $1,500. Two week car/gas $700. $1,500-2,000 food-lodging. Lifts $500. $200 ski bag. + Insurance. + Schnapps etc.
Looks like 5K just for stuff I can think of. NO Guide or shopping or 'nice ski-bunnies ' yet.... So its $6K - 7K for a couple of weeks.
Some Average Day W/B ski vids on youtube. Search: " G3FORC3 Why I Have No Friends".
ps: Thanks for the encouragement Graham. You give me hope that there are Current hip solo skiers who ski cheap and often.

How can I do a GOOGLE TRANSLATE on this?
snow conditions
peanuthead,
Quote:

You don't Toofy Grin
snow conditions
Layne wrote:
peanuthead,
Quote:

You don't Toofy Grin

Ok, where can I get some acid or crystal meth or something, I might understand it better then...
ski holidays
Quote:

If you're looking to ski cheap, I'd scrub the ski-bunnies off your list for a start Wink
snow report
Weirdest post I've ever seen on here, and that's saying something.
snow report
I just finished watching Breaking Bad - it made perfect sense to me.
snow conditions
gforce wrote:

Kids, this is what happens when you have too much BC bud
snow report
gforce wrote:

Wow a real skier - never see one of those here in Austria. Skiing strudels are ten a penny.

Can't you get a package deal?
Chamonix (France), Verbier(Switzerland) or St Anton(Austria).

One of the disadvantages of living in/near a ski resort is it often doesn't pay to travel somewhere else as you can pick your days and the cost is much lower, live with it.

Last edited by And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports. on Fri 4-10-13 9:50; edited 1 time in total
snow report
^ Lulz

There's loads of great skiing within easy access from Munich, St Anton and Ischgl are the obvious choices (though not the cheapest), check out Oetztal and Obertauern, or the small rad spots around Innsbruck.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.

http://youtube.com/v/5ovQH7W4hvw
snow conditions

http://youtube.com/v/7xE8GuHqbqA
ski holidays

http://youtube.com/v/S5AFzwOtTXs
latest report
you are all talking to yourself!!!!
snow report
ansta1, no we're not, you're here Laughing
snow report
doh!
snow report
gforce wrote:
Current hip solo skiers who ski cheap and often.

There wasn't much I understood in his post, I thought it was Hungarian put through google translate to French and then into English.

However, I am keen to know what a 'current hip solo' skier is. Anyone hazard a guess?
snow report
i am sure Layne, can explain, hes a pretty hip dude.
ski holidays
emwmarine wrote:
However, I am keen to know what a 'current hip solo' skier is. Anyone hazard a guess?

Someone who's only had one hip replacement operation so far?.... Toofy Grin
snow report
admin wrote:
Quote:

If you're looking to ski cheap, I'd scrub the ski-bunnies off your list for a start Wink

Wow...the 'apres' with Dominika looks fun judging by her outfit...I think I'd be wrecked the next day for skiing though!! Cool
snow report
Quote:
However, I am keen to know what a 'current hip solo' skier is.

A complete loser. As ansta1 says, I should know wink
snow report
Because I am a little pissed decided to re-road post. Yes I understand it now. I think. Still wouldn't be arsed repyling tho
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy