Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ski holidays, pony owner, private education.

Poster: A snowHead
According to today's T2 section of the Times people who leave private education to go into the state sector lose friends who have the "pony owning, ski-holidays" lifestyle.

Now, I'd like to have done this as a poll, but being state educated myself couldn't work out how to do it.

I'll admit to two of the above. Anybody got all three?
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
No ponies, state education.

Most of my friends from work & uni are state-educated as well - quite surprising, really.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Jackpot! Yeah I had ponies and private school- it was to stop me getting pregnant and addicted to crack with the local chav kids at the comp down the road. Having said that our school ski trips were to Meribel and Serre Che- theirs was to bloomin Whistler!

And before you all have a go- I know there are very nice state schools etc etc however- not in Reading
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
I'm trying to think of a Pony Blair joke. No luck so far.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Chris Bish, there are actually four attributes mentioned in this article : the families were "Range-Rover driving, pony-keeping, skiing-holiday(ing)" as well as privately educating their children.
I admit to Private Education and Skiing Holidays.
Those with all four must have won the lottery! Shocked
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Chris Bish, I'm a "none of the above".... could I possibly be the only one?
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
PG, don't you go on the odd skiing holiday?
Or is life one big long skiing holiday for you these days? (just jealous Evil or Very Mad )
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
A simple thought.If a change of school "cuts" you off from this supposed circle of friends;are they the type of "friends" you would want anyway rolling eyes

1.Used to own a RR;too expensive to run(but they are very nice to drive)
2.Undecided about private education but doubt it offers value for money(however that is not the point for many-its the kudos)
3.Hate horses-feel that the French chefs make the best of them Wink
4.All the family ski-does that mean we are just off the bottom rung of the social ladder.However,both the wife & I like G&T;that must be worth a couple of social climbing points rolling eyes
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
David, pony Blair, I can't think of a joke at the moment, but didn't Caligula make his horse a senator in Rome?
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Jonpim,
Quote:
skiing holiday?

No, I'm just the taxi driver... apparently I haven't even found the ladder yet before I can even think about climbing onto the first rung Wink
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Looking at the size of the ex-missus, I think I married one Shocked
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Masque, Rover or pony?
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
gettimg hard to tell, but I've not noticed any wheels or an abillity to travel at more than waking pace . . . nope that still doesn't mean there's a difference!
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Pony, range rover, ski holidays. State education and didn't go to university either. Only once have I been refused a job on the grounds of "I realise you are more than capable, but you don't have a degree". Confused
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
No pony, Range Rover, and no private education.
ski holidays
Ditto. But we were 'appy then, although we were poor Wink
snow report
All 3.
My children only get the skiing.
And -
Quote:

it was to stop me getting pregnant and addicted to crack with the local chav kids at the comp down the road

I too enjoyed the absolute freedom to roam wherever I wished on said pony; and of course you do meet a better class of ruffian among the horsy classes ...
ski holidays
Quote:
of course you do meet a better class of ruffian among the horsy classes ...

Went to a children's race camp (training week followed by national races) a couple of times in Austria with a British race club. Not sure who were the biggest ruffians - the children themselves, or the parents! Shocked (I'm sure I was the only one there without either pony or Range Rover back home....)
latest report
State education (was down for Haileybury but threatened to run away).
Have a few mates who went private, they are all "slightly strange".
No pony but had great fun riding other peoples, kids keep talking ponies, I keep saying "not in my lifetime".
Never went skiing until I'd left school.
Mercedes 320 now but looking at a Landcruiser.
Don't know where that puts me and don't really care. NehNeh
latest report
Never been privately educated, never driven a range rover, never ridden a pony, never been on a ski holiday.

Okay, so I lied about one of them Wink
snow report
Privately educated + university, been on a few boarding/ski holidays, never been near a range rover...........and come on...........a pony...........I'm a thoroughbred stallion mate! NehNeh Wink

(may have ridden a few "ponys" though Wink )
ski holidays
Damn, but I'm close.

Learned to drive in a series one Landy. Have eaten a horse (well part of one). I ski (though it's debateable). My son goes to a pre-school nursery.

I AM new labour.
latest report
Marc. If you're New Labour you probably won't appreciate my Pony Blair joke, which I'm still working on.
snow report
Nadenoodlee, How exactly does riding a horse prevent pregnancy? Does it have to be 24/7 as they say?
ski holidays
marc gledhill, A series 1 Landy? Luxury! You could fit several of my 1970 Fiat 600s (car not bike) into your classmobile! grumble.... New Labour armchair liberals .... grumble..... mutter..... Wink
ski holidays
David. It was meant to be funny, in a sort of social climbing lampoon of a thread, must be the way I tell them Very Happy

I'm afraid I don't have much truck with our Tony, trouble is I don't fancy any of the others much either so it could be a "Green" vote to show my disgust. BTW I was impressed to hear you were on the demo in London the other weekend, I'll have to get you on the Schnews mailing list. Wink
snow report
Quote:

Learned to drive in a series one Landy

me too. the one with the petrol tank under the driver's seat? caused no end of amusement in petrol stations Smile
snow conditions
Now, i went to a private school, but was refused a place on the school ski trip on the grounds that they didnt know i f i would be able to behave myself!!?? Embarassed
Was so upset, never truly recovered, scarred for life, hate all skiiers... Oh no, i remember, i got over it once i went to uni and joined thier ski club. They let me in no problem!!
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
poma, that's the one Very Happy .My Dad got ours from a bloke who used to "rally" them so it had certain modifications to the body, although the engine was a 1600. It also had the steering wheel off a bus, which gave a two inch gap between the wheel and the seat, so you had to drive slightly bow legged.
ski holidays
marc gledhill,

not me, I had to sit on a cushion just to see out!

did you have manual windscreen wipers? - you had to have a willing companion to wiggle the little handle from side to side (both at the same time was tricky, a bit like patting you head and rubbing your tummy simultaneously), or not go out in the rain (which, where we lived, would have meant not going out, full stop.)
latest report
I'm keeping quiet Embarassed
snow report
poma, oh yes, but the motor inside worked too on the drivers side.
snow conditions
Well Chris Bish, obviously a pony alone cannot prevent pregnancy- otherwise the government would be handing them out with the giro

Pony, private school, ski trips = less free time= less time to hang around "dahhn the precinct" and thus less chance of getting pregnant etc
snow report
I seem to only have the one vice. Although I have ridden horses and ponies in the past; my first lesson was agony because I mistakenly believed that you needed to continuously squeeze the creature between your legs in order to make it move...
snow conditions
Ian Hopkinson, Shocked I always thought it moved by itself.
ski holidays
PG, I know that now! Actually the biggest problems I had since my first lesson were getting them to stop moving and moving in the right direction...
latest report
I've attended state/private/state education, always gone on skiing holyday, I once owned a third hand 7 yo Jeep Cherokee (now defunct)...I bleed a lot of my income
to send my children to a private school...
Can I please,please, please join the club? NehNeh
snow report
MY chief joke writer, who is known and loved by us all, has just suggested to me that the relationship of Pony Blair to his Texan rider is akin to donkey rides on Blackpool Beach, though in their minds it's more of a rodeo experience.
snow report
Ian Hopkinson, Them? Shocked I'm not sure we're talking about the same thing at all....... I could only ever manage one at a time, myself.
snow conditions
Nadenoodlee, I'm disappointed. I thought we had discovered the contraceptive properties of horses.

There again, they are a bit big to keep in your wallet....
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy