Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Big new Funslope in Zell am See

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
When replacing the Glockner chairlift with an 8-seater (on the Schmittenhöhe, at the top of the first section of the Areitbahn gondola), the lift company has taken the chance to change the pistes a bit and has built the longest Funslope in the world, i.e. with waves, banked runs, etc. Sounds, eh, fun Laughing Laughing
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
looks like it might shape up to be a good park!
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
espri, Was sytudying this trying to work out what they had done and thinking that if thats the panorama (blue 1) under the Glocknerbahn they must've done some serious engineering?

Now realised that its not that part of the mountain at all but over on the Sonnenalm around reds 24, 29 & 30. Looks like they've taken away the timed slalom race track to make it but it looks fun Very Happy

That said I'm not so sure about them saying its suitable for beginners as I wouldn't be too keen on taking beginners up there. The fun run itself may be ok for them but how are they going to get down to the lifts again?
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
My understanding is that they have put the Funslope in where previously piste 1, the way back down from the Schmittenhöhe was (the relatively flat bit at the top of the old Glockner lift). The new piste map shows piste 1 going lower down, on a new line through the trees and coming out at the foot of the Glockner lift / middle station of Areitbahn I/II.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Looking at that the Funslope XXL logo shows next to a 'new' logo over on the Sonnenalm but not at the Panorama. I would be very surprised if they did anything like that to Panorama as that is beginner\ski-school central and really the only lengthy run on the mountain suitable for that purpose?
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Originally I thought the Glocknerbahn had been lengthened but now I don't believe that any more. I still think, though, that this new Funslope comes down what was previously the main route back down to Schuttdorf (in particular, to the top station of the Areitbahn I/bottom of the Areitbahn II). If you compare the new map (linked above) to this older map, you can see a "new" piste 9 and piste 1 coming in much lower on the new map. Since the Bruckberg T-bar has been removed and, I believe, some trees have been felled, maybe that made enough room for this new piste 9 and putting the Funslope where the old piste 1 was. I guess we'll have to wait till the snow comes to see what is intended wink
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Yes, the snow will tell us?

They did widen Panorama last year by taking away the long narrow area of trees that used to screen the Glocknerbahn from the rest of the run. I was told this was because it inevitably became an unofficial and unsafe 'funslope' every winter and they were fed up trying to screen it off unsuccessfully. But maybe it was the first stage of something else as I don't ever remember a piste 9? Looking at the Schmittenhohe Facebook page the photos show that the new Glocknerbahn base station is on the opposite corner of the Panorama piste from before, so definitely some changes.

Im sure you'll be there before me as Im not out until 18th January so please let us know what you find?
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy