Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

St Anton chalet companies

Poster: A snowHead
Right-this season will be out first venture to this much hyped resort. The beloved and I had a good mooch about the place in the summer-having abandoned a high alpine trek with leg injury (him-in truth it was a blessing), Herr Flick limped and I strolled about the resort in the sun for a few days trying to envisage winter life there, taking the summer lifts about the mountain. We stayed in oh so gorgeous Himmlhof hotel whose summer rates we could afford, but whose winter rates we can't.

Now we are going for it with a winter trip hoping to combine off piste courses over 2 weeks in January snowHead (spoilt-moi?)
The main protagonists favour a catered chalet. We want to be central or down the Galzig/Rendl end, but not located with an all night bar outside the bedroom window. We aren't young but neither are we old codgers, we may have at least one under 25 year old in tow. We like good grub, comfy rooms that aren't out of the 1980s and a little alpine atmosphere. Ensuites a must!

So far my researches have thrown up the following operators. We don't necessarily need flights and transfers as we will have a car there.

SkiTotal-useless girl on phone, patchy reviews-not impressed.
Ski Val-seemed helpful and have spotted a good option close to town.
Supertravel- seem to be a bit more upmarket on food and service etc. They have something that would suit too.
Alpine Elements-my instinct says no-too cheap and cheerful-and I recall stories of disasters in other resorts.
Mark Warner-Chalet hotel Roseanna-great location, maybe a bit too much of hotel with loud bar under (our neighbour was the housekeeper there for a couple of seasons recently).

Having been a chalet bod myself, I know it usually boils down to the luck of the draw as to whether you get a good experience or not-but some personal recommendations from fellow snowheads may help.
Ta v much.
Perty and Herr Flick (now recovered thank gawd!)
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I've stayed in the Rosanna before when booked onto a snoworks course. The rooms were really nice, as was the food and service. I think the only negative thing about the place was the boot room as it was unheated. However, the bathrooms have underfloor heating and this was where the boots were parked after skiing. The noisy bar wasn't a problem, at least not in the room I was in. Nice place but I prefer staying in B and B accommodation and don't really like chalets but each to their own.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Ski World also have chalets in St Anton, as do Powder White, Kaluma, FlexiSki, Crystal and a few others. Be careful with Ski Val, having spoken to staff and guests in St Anton over recent years, they seem to have gone downhill slightly.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Having stayed in St Antonio with Powderwhite a few years cannot recommend them highly enough. We stayed in the chalet Mozart in the centre of town, though cannot see it on their website this year.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
SuperTravel- have stayed with them three times in St A and as an ex-chalet bod too I am impressed with them.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
There are so many great B&Bs in St Anton, I wouldn't even bother with chalets. There are a lot of hotels that are more affordable than the Himmlhof too:-)

The search system on the tourist office website is where I usually start.

If you did go for chalets you are right, it's more pot luck and depends on the quality of the staff that season. MW used to have the best reputation, but the Rosanna is a hotel really, so if you were going there I'd compare it to other hotels. It is very convenient though.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
There may be plenty of good value B&B's, but when you add in the cost of dinner each night for 4, and the need to find somewhere for 14 nights straight, a catered chalet looks like only sensible option. We've thought about an apartment, but the prevailing view is that a chalet would be more fun-at least there will be someone else to talk to!! After 2 weeks of skiing together all day, my being the only girly in week 2 (with a tendency to get rather drained by the constant blokey banter, teasing, bragging and general oneupmanship) I definitely buy into that!!
Thanks for the input though, some of the best options e.g powderwhite can't fit us into anywhere for the full 2 weeks. I think the shortlist is a chalet apartment right in town by the tourist office with Supertravel (one of their more modest properties) or a proper chalet about 5 mins from the lift with SkiVal.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Quote:

chalet apartment right in town by the tourist office with Supertravel

Is that Haus Acksteiner? If so it's very nice Happy It's a superb location too.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
We have used supertravel a good few times but never to st anton, certainly have no complaints about their standards of service and accommodation. But the costs aren't for everyone
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
sah, re your quote......There are so many great B&Bs in St Anton, I wouldn't even bother with chalets. There are a lot of hotels that are more affordable than the Himmlhof too:-)

Agree 100%, I don't ever stay in chalets, so many great family owned b&b's I'd rather pay locals rather than tour companies, and restaurant food much better than chalets IMO.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I have used the Rosanna a few times in recent years booking through both Fresh Tracks and Snoworks.

I usually book early and when doing so I have always asked for a room on the hotel side away from the disco and that request has always been granted.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
This British guy lives here on & off & during the winter. He is pretty well connected (with the off piste & local guides etc) has a lot of places to rent.

http://www.st-antonamarlberg.co.uk/budget.html
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
stanton wrote:
This British guy lives here on & off & during the winter. He is pretty well connected (with the off piste & local guides etc) has a lot of places to rent.

http://www.st-antonamarlberg.co.uk/budget.html

do you know why he's stopped blogging?
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Bored I guess Very Happy

Probably finally realised that blogging was a private life sentence Very Happy
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Powder White have some really nice chalets, I stayed in one mega cheap one a super last minute booking (two days beforehand) once when I needed somewhere to stay bridging the gap between season accomm - was cheaper than the flight home. I'm not sure if he's still working for them, but ask for Nick if you call up; he's spent a season in Anton (and his gf worked for PW there) so knows the properties well.
snow conditions
If you done want to rough it in the rough & ready Chalets in St Anton you might want to check out "Chalet N" around the corner in Oberlech Very Happy

http://vimeo.com/75001839
snow conditions
I went with Ski Val a few years ago and would go with them again. We stayed in the Sport Scherl on the high street, nice chalet in a good position. The chalet host Justine was brilliant (not sure if she will be there again though).
ski holidays
Been to St Anton with Ski World, comfortable rooms, good food, good locations.

last minute ish pricing was good, don't know about brochure prices.
snow report
I booked with these guys.. :http://www.stantonamarlberg.com/en/home/2.html

very professional, reliable and friendly, check them out Smile
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy