Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

park board question.

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi, i'm relatively new to snowboarding and bought a all mountain board for a 2 week easter holiday. I progressed a lot and feel a lot more confident in my boarding. I was looking at the end of season sales and bought myself a endeavor jib board. I understand it's for park and am going to get lessons in one of the fridges here in the uk to ride rails and jumps. Is there anything i need to know about jib boards and can i put any bindings on it? (i have burton freestyle bindings on my other board that i would use) Thanks.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
The Endeavor will be softer/more flexable than your AM board, so will react a bit differently, get used to the feel before your course. You may want to detune the edges too if you're going to solely be freestyle on it (blunt them a bit) it'll stop you catching edges on rails and boxes.

Personally i'd take your freestyle bindings and put them on the new board and look at getting something else for your AM board - The freestyle bindings are pretty basic, a new higher end binding will really bring your mountain riding on, but they'll be fine for a park board.

Don't know what stance you use at the moment, but when you setup your park board you want to be centered over the board, maybe increase the width of your stance, and maybe increase the angle on your rear foot. E.g. I ride a +12/-6 on my AM board, and change to +12/-12 for park, but it's more about what you're comfortable with.

Good luck with your FS course, who are you doing it with?
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Thanks Richard, i've been looking at the freestyle clinics at Hemel. I'm not sure if they're any good but i'd just want to know basic tips. I ride 12/-9 which i found the most comfortable. Thanks again for the reply.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
12/-9 is a perfectly acceptable FS stance, go with it.

Have a look at the Maverix or Definitions camps that run at HH too. I did the 2 day Definition one for novices, and it was great, loads of progression in a short time. Maverix always gets good reviews from people who go on it. They both do 1 or 2 day 'camps' out of several of the fridges.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Richard_Sideways wrote:
I did the 2 day Definition one for novices, and it was great, loads of progression in a short time.

+1

So did I, and yes.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Thank you both, i'll look into the definition camps Smile Happy riding.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
message remmoved

Last edited by Then you can post your own questions or snow reports... on Thu 17-10-13 6:47; edited 1 time in total
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
themutecollective, hmmm haven't I seen this somewhere else?
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy