Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

snowHeads 2013 Calendars - THEY'RE HERE!!!

Poster: A snowHead
The 2013 calendar has just arrived and looks fantastic! All orders placed today, Thursday Dec. 20th, before 5.30pm will be mailed today and should, according to the Post Office, arrive in time for Christmas.

The order box is below.

Already..?

Yes! The sooner we get a great selection uploaded and the choices made, the easier it is for us to have the calendars printed and posted well before Christmas!

Just add your photos from the 2011/2012 season here snowHead
As always, please restrict yourself to a maximum of 3 photos, and remember - they must all have been taken in the 2011 / 2012 season!

So - sort through your winter snaps that you've taken so far and get uploading!

All photos must be uploaded and ratings made before midday Friday 16th November 2012. This will give people the chance to see them and vote!

If you’ve already uploaded photos that you’d like considered for inclusion, you can use the ‘edit’ function to copy them across to the Vintage 2012 collection. Please remember to submit only pictures to which you own copyright or, if not, have written permission of the copyright owner for publication.

Just a reminder (to avoid confusion) - As with previous year's photos, the final choice will be guided by the ratings as opposed to defined by them as we need to match the images to their applications and need to ensure some balance and variation throughout the set.

Best of luck!
Calendars 2013

snowHeads Calendars 2013
This year's montage of masterpieces. Postage is the same for one or two but it doesn't add up to send 3 or 4 in one envelope so if you need more than 2 please do so with multiple orders.
P&P: £2.70

Quantity: GBP 8.50 (It's Cheaper for a superMegasnowHead)

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Fri 30-03-12 12:25; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Well I'm sad enough to have put three up already - but still have another ski holiday to go so may be "forced" to drop at least one. Feel free to vote to help me choose which is to go!
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Nice one, cheers guys.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Forgive me for stupidity, but how do I put my photos up here please?
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
snowyowl, have you registered with, and logged into the snowMedia Zone?
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
There are already some gorgeous photos on there!
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I've uploaded my 3 photos Madeye-Smiley
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Quote:

have you registered with, and logged into the snowMedia Zone?

i have now! Thanks
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
snowyowl, lovely! Where was this one taken?
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Quote:

lovely! Where was this one taken?

Les Arcs, towards Arc 2000 on New Year's Day 2012. Looks lovely but it was -10c....and the group of 3 dots on the other side of the run are my family who didn't wait for me (one brown, one red and one yellow)!
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
i cant work it out, but if it is liked i can fine the original hi res file https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/419205_10150617030403256_680668255_9216449_1559334132_n.jpg
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Blimey CEM - is that an electron micrograph of some of the things that live inside ski boots ?
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
sev112, Laughing Laughing
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
I've put some pictures in the folder for 2012 but can't get to vote on the others... There are some great pictures. I've entered the capcha but it says i don't have permission... help.

TIA
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Apologies to all who have not been able to rate photos or post comments Embarassed

Should be fixed now so please get rating on the calendar gallery here:-

http://www.snowmediazone.com/the_zone/g1077-2012-vintage.html

Toofy Grin
ski holidays
Hope its not too late for this ?

http://www.snowmediazone.com/the_zone/2012-vintage/p27144-espace-killy-jan-2012.html

http://www.snowmediazone.com/the_zone/2012-vintage/p27141-espace-killy-jan-2012.html

http://www.snowmediazone.com/the_zone/2012-vintage/p27138-espace-killy-jan-2012.html
latest report
Was prompted to add a few photos. No idea if I'm too late, but this is what I uploaded:

latest report
Have added a few as well.

snow conditions
added 3 of my best shots as well. Smile

snow conditions
It appears that some folk are having problems figuring out how to rate the photos Puzzled

Simple - in the panel to the right of the pic you will see a row of 10 grey stars. Hover your mouse over these and they will change to red. Where you stop along the row is the rating you are giving that pic.

Alternatively click on "Post a comment" and you will be given an option to rate or, if you have already rated, it will tell you what rating you gave that pic.

PS - not sure that professional photographers (ab)using this facility should be given any rating rolling eyes

No doubt SH will decide Toofy Grin
snow report
Is it too late to add some photos?
snow report
Go for it horizon!
Looking forward to seeing them - remember though, you need to self-select your best 3 as candidates. Given some of the shots I've seen of yours, not an easy task!
ski holidays
Yoda wrote:

not sure that professional photographers (ab)using this facility should be given any rating rolling eyes

No doubt SH will decide Toofy Grin

wow, that's such a nice compliment, thanks a lot! Very Happy
I'm just an amateur who's using this forum to show off some pics & videos. I registered at SH because I noticed that some people here were talking about one of my amateurish videos http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=88052&highlight=. having a page at facebook doesn't make me a pro, does it? Wink

Last edited by After all it is free Go on u know u want to! on Wed 14-11-12 19:13; edited 1 time in total
snow report
Yoda, joedesperado, personally I don't mind who submits the photos any more than I mind whether they've been taken on a £10 Nokiphone or a £10k Nikon 32megapixie TLR with auto-star-filter.

There's no prize to be won other than a free calendar and the warm glow of pride when your month comes round and snowHeads everywhere enjoy the pleasure of 'revealing your shot'.

Frankly, I'd like to think that snowHeads-kids stand as good a chance here, no more no less, than a passionate amateur or a seasoned pro who, let's face it, is effectively giving us their work for nothing Little Angel
snow report
When will the calendar be going on sale? Xmas is getting closer!
latest report
Added mine here. I avoided vertically framed images.

snow report
I forgot to say, I think we should welcome photos from anyone, pro or not, long-term regular member or not.

If we get lucky enough to have a lot of pro, semipro, excellent amateurs etc sharing their work for free, and it really creates a problem with "crowding out" the photos taken by regular members, we can always have two calendars - by "regular snowheads" and "visitors". But, most likely, we'll have one calendar with better pics overall.
snow conditions
joedesperado, my apologies - having just driven for 12 hours to a small town in northern Germany I logged on to the site to answer a query from another user, saw 3 posts by you with a link to Christoph.Oberschneider.Photography at the bottom and rashly jumped to the conclusion that you were a pro just using the site to promote his services.

I didn't see the Facebook link as my brain automatically filters those out before they reach my consciousness Toofy Grin

Welcome to snowHeads Cool
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Any update on when the 2013 calendar will be available?
ski holidays
______^^^^^______

I wondered, as I'll be buying my last few pressies this week and SH calendars would be useful, if they'll be out soon.
snow report
Moi aussi
ski holidays
Puzzled
snow conditions
Any later and it will have to become the 2014 calendar snowHead
ski holidays
The final calendar pics will be released tomorrow and will also be available to order tomorrow, with the shipping date in time for Christmas due to be Wednesday Dec. 19th. Successful photographers will be notified separately.
ski holidays
Administration, Thanks for the update. Looking forward to this
snow report
Excited to see the new calendars...and itching to order a couple for our teenagers who will be missing their annual ski trip due to exams this year, so I shall tease them with photos. Any sign yet???
snow report
Yay!

Mrs A is a Calendar Girl and is really chuffed.

Smile
snow report
Yayyyy here too Blush can't wait for March!!!! Sooooooo excited, thank you Snowheads!!!!
latest report
Do we have calendars yet?
snow conditions
Just checked...the option to order isn't available just yet Sad

Between the calendar and waiting for the Autumn competition results...Snowheads Admin are slowly killing me!
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy