Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Couriers for sending skis

Poster: A snowHead
Can anyone suggest a courier for sending a pair of skis I've sold on Ebay???

Tried Parcel Farce and they don't do anything longer than 1.3m, and DHL wanted over 40 quid.

Cheers, oh informative ones Wink
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Charlatanefc, Last year, I used the local agent of APC Overnight to send 170cm skis. I think the cost was about £18 but this varies with weight and the overall size of the package. Insurance wasn't included in that price but they did get a signature as proof of delivery.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Charlatanefc, I just shipped two pairs using a local courier. cost was £10 per pair for next day. No problems whatsoever. would never use parcelfarce for anything.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Try http://www.parcel2go.com/ Although I've not used them for skis I did get a response from the Customer Service department that they were happy to take packages up to 2m in length provided you had checked with them before placing your order for a delivery.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
thanks chaps
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
yep, parcel 2 go are the boys, sent loads of stuff with them!

A
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
parcel2go were an absolute nightmare for me.
First delivery went OK, second was 2 days late on collection but the 3rd was an absolute nightmare.
Of the 3 parcels they collected, they put the wrong barcodes on 2 of them, box A went to supplier B, box B went to supplier A rolling eyes That took some sorting out. The 3rd package vanished for 3 weeks and was eventually returned as 'delivery address doesn't exist', this despite me sending stuff there on a regular basis with no problems with Royal Mail Special Delivery before. Maybe it's just the local DHL guy who's hopeless rather than the entire company.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I bought a pair from an ebay seller in Austria and they sent them normal mail for 15€
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Used these guys loads from everything from PC's to skis, they subcontract out to UPS, but loads cheaper than booking direct with UPS Smile

http://www.pharos-international.co.uk/

Cheers,

Greg
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Has anyone any experience of sending skis to or from Northern Ireland? I'm trying to send a pair to a fellow snowhead and UPS quoted me £45!

Any help would be great, cheers:)

ryan
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Thanks guys, ended up using Parcel2go who subcontracted it to DHL. DHL wanted £45, P2go did it for £20.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Charlatanefc, which one's did you sell?
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Kramer, they were my pals, a pair of Head C115 Carvers. He has bought the Hot Rod Eliminators from me that I won at the eosb.

I myself bought a pair of Elan Magfire 08s a few months ago.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Blimey. I use Global express. Shipped a pair of movement Flames with bindings yesterday. Client will have them today. Cost me £11.00
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
That's the last time a scouser wins a pair of our skis. Ungrateful, I call it...
snow conditions
Its just not the done thing. Oh the shame
latest report
fallliner, are you kidding???? I wasn't aware that winning them made me obligated to use them????

I had no intention of changing my skis after buying a pair of RX8's last December, I tried the Eliminators at the Castleford ski test in August, and must admit, I quite liked them, but when I tried the Elan's, they just "felt right", even better than my own RX8's.
latest report
I'm sure fallliner is kidding.
snow conditions
kiwi1, so was I until I saw the lack of a smilie Puzzled
snow report
Smile
ski holidays
Quote:

Charlatanefc, I just shipped two pairs using a local courier. cost was £10 per pair for next day. No problems whatsoever. would never use parcelfarce for anything.

Quote:

Blimey. I use Global express. Shipped a pair of movement Flames with bindings yesterday. Client will have them today. Cost me £11.00

So let me think - cheaper to mail my stuff to the resort than easyjet it... and a damn sight less bother. Hmmm snowHead
snow conditions
JimW, as long as you're skiing in the UK!!
ski holidays
Last time I shipped to the main land (from the UK- Germany) it was £25.00 for a next day service.
snow conditions
kiwi1 wrote:
Last time I shipped to the main land (from the UK- Germany) it was £25.00 for a next day service.

Well, FenlandSkier, that's not far off Easyjetting it! and for the £10 extra, not faffing about whilst travelling to / from airports etc. AND whilst carrying gawd knows how much "other stuff" as required, apparently, by a discerning traveller (as my SO continues to tell me snowHead) , - AND as long as you have a reputable receiving end, it could well be worth a consideration.

Just a thought
latest report
yes JimW, but I assume you'd want your skis back at the end of the holiday, so that's another £25....and then you'd have to be there or persuade your TO to be around for the "pickup" & delivery at your destination.
ski holidays
I know it's an old thread, but I just wanted to say www.paisleyfreight.co.uk charge £12.99 for next day ski courier within the UK. I've used them twice now and can't fault them!
latest report
You can contact Parcel Warehouse as they delivered my skies once. http://www.parcelw.com/
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy