Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Double Ski Bag Recommendations

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Looking for a double ski bag, wheels would be great but not essential, that can accommodate two pairs of 189cm skis and a pair of 29.5 boots. Any ideas?
Cheers, Al
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Snow and Rock did one that I bought and took to Canada for last season. It's really sturdy. I carried 2 pairs plus lots of other stuff in it. It would easily fit 3 pairs. I always put my boots in my normal bag. The wheels are really smooth and Air Canada who ask for a rigid bag were happy with it. I think it was about £85.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I have an Ellis Brigham one and a Rossi one, both 190ish. The Rossi one seems to be a fair bit tougher and has stood up to abuse more than the other. However it does weigh slightly more.
With both have had no problems taking two pairs of skis and a pair of boots and everything else I need for a week.
Have heard good things about the Dakine concourse double from friends, but never used it myself.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I got this one, needed the length , very happy with it, should fit all you need :

http://www.sports-outlet.co.uk/Scott-Ski-Wheel-Bag-2013

http://www.scott-sports.com/us/en/products/2242851034223/ski-wheel-bag-scott-blue-black-no-size/;jsessionid=2669CFBF189F7C5353911C562210237D

Caveat- I ve only used it once! Not connected to sellers blah blah blah
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I've had the Dakine Fall-line double wheelie for around 4 years.

In this time I've done a season and a half and at least three trips per year the other two seasons.

I've dragged it on and off of more trains, buses and airplanes than I could count as on my season I was moving between resorts by public transport at least once a fortnight and its still in good condition.

It's a solid bomb-proof bag and takes a 189 easily (my preachers) which are about to be joined by a 190 this season.

Highly recommended.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Thanks for the replies, am I better throwing my boots in the suitcase and filling the rest of the ski bag with clothes etc.?
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
allybrown360, that's generally the approach I go for or the bag ends up too far over the weight limit for flights.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I've got an Evoc Snow Roller. That is OK with my 184s. Mrs M's XC skis are 190 something. It takes the 2 skis & boots, poles, various other bits of kit up to the BA weight limit.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I've got an Evoc Snow Roller. That is OK with my 184s. Mrs M's XC skis are 190 something. It takes the 2 skis & boots, poles, various other bits of kit up to the BA weight limit.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
fastandicy wrote:
I've had the Dakine Fall-line double wheelie for around 4 years.

In this time I've done a season and a half and at least three trips per year the other two seasons.

I've dragged it on and off of more trains, buses and airplanes than I could count as on my season I was moving between resorts by public transport at least once a fortnight and its still in good condition.

It's a solid bomb-proof bag and takes a 189 easily (my preachers) which are about to be joined by a 190 this season.

Highly recommended.

Thinking about getting hold of one of these. I assume if I only take one pair of skis, there should be enough room for clothes/etc so that I could use it as the only hold bag on a flight?
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Cheap 'n cheerful:

http://www.lokker.co.uk/

Some SHs have them.
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
altis, only go up to 178cms though, otherwise ideal!
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
clarky999 wrote:

Thinking about getting hold of one of these. I assume if I only take one pair of skis, there should be enough room for clothes/etc so that I could use it as the only hold bag on a flight?[/quote]

Yes mate, tons of room for that, I've travelled between resorts for a week with only this bag and a small backpack and that's with two pairs in there so plenty of scope to go for a whole week with just a single pair in there.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
allybrown360 wrote:

wheels would be great but not essential

Two pairs of skis and a pair of boots without wheels on the bag is madness! Mind you, I think most (all?) double bags have wheels as standard now.

FWIW we've got a Snow & Rock double ski bag that's a few years old...the quality's ok, but nothing to write home about. It just fits my 188 directors in...but the fashion for longer skis has done more mainstream in the last few years, so I'd guess they'll have made their bags a shade longer. Have heard nothing but praise for the Dakine bag on here though.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy