Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

2 X mid forties, fast skiers looking to replace drop-out, Jan 2014, Meribel

Poster: A snowHead
Hi,

a group of three of us, 2 X skiers, 1 X boarder, all married with kids, now mid forties, physically fit, based in Brighton have been doing "boys" ski trips the 3 valleys for the last 10 years in order to get some speed skiing and serious mileage out of our systems as our wives and kids can't keep up.

One of our group can't make it for 2014 and we're touting for a replacement and maybe one other to make a party of four.

We are easy going, self employed types who enjoy a beer, a few tunes and good food. Over the years, we have transitioned from Dick's tea bar to a few bottles of wine and trips to the pub.

We know the 3 valleys like the back of our hands and are very experienced skiers. All ex saisonnaires or huge amounts of skiing done. All weather, all terrain, powder preferred, but the key thing is we like to go fast but in full control.

Since I have been skiing the area all my life, some good connections allow us a superb self-catered apartment which could sleep 7 but is great for 4, bang in the middle of meribel 1 min walk from the piste for a long weekend!! We are targeting a departure Thursday 16th Jan returning Mon 20th. This allows 4 full days skiing.

I'm posting this here as none of our friends can ski well enough to be considered.

If you have a similar profile, want a reasonably priced long weekend's skiing and people who know you would consider you to be an excellent skier or boarder, then get in touch. We'd be keen to meet up before any commitments are made.

If this post resonates strongly with you, then you're probably exactly what we're looking for!
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Is there a test?
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Er...no:)
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Pauliesans,
Don't you think you might be selling yourself a bit short here. The ski gods on Snowheads wouldn't dream of skiing with a group of your limited ability. snowHead
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Frosty the Snowman, Laughing
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
I wonder if fast women would be considered..... wink
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
pam w, probably, only if they do the cooking Little Angel .
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I'm there that week ..... happy to ski a day if I can keep up Madeye-Smiley
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Pauliesans, I don't suppose you have a video available to help fellow snowHead's make an informed decision?
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Pauliesans, until you have completed the EoSB race day, many faster SHs are unlikely to consider skiing with you. A lot of people think they ski fast, until you've done the course we will never know Smile Nothing worse than having to keep waiting for someone who sounded fast on the internet Wink
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Hi, Would be very interested in joining you. I am early 40's with kids although currently separating from their mother who never liked skiing....so could do with a break. Would consider myself to be a good skier - started out on school trips, joined the Army and skied for a number of years as part of a racing team (3 months a year for 5 years under the tution of Austrian/French race coaches), and skied many weeks since mainly in France, still fit and happy to ski the blacks or knee deep powder as you prescribe. Enjoy a few beers and some glasses of the red stuff after a quality day on the mountain....
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Was interested for a few minutes there but misread the title I thought it said
"2 X mid forties, fat skiers looking to replace drop-out, Jan 2014, Meribel" Blush Blush
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
blytht, Laughing Laughing
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
blytht wrote:
Was interested for a few minutes there but misread the title I thought it said
"2 X mid forties, fat skiers looking to replace drop-out, Jan 2014, Meribel" Blush Blush

haha, count me in.

Especially those few bottles of wine before we start skiing about 11ish.
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
I think we need to a video of this skiing prowess that has been enthusiastically touted in the OP! Come on, no shame if you're as good as you claim to be Wink
snow report
Neil Phillips, too fast for them lol
latest report
Frosty the Snowman wrote:
Is there a test?

We demand a ski off for potential participants.
snow conditions
Seriously I'm interested ! Been doing the three valleys for past 5yrs but always stayed in courchevel ! The people I normally ski with cant do it this year ! MSG me guys , I'm really interested !

Noel Very Happy
ski holidays
Hi - not heard anything and had some cash burning a hole in my pocket so to speak so I have now hooked something else in France but thanks anyway.
latest report
Quote:

Hi - not heard anything and had some cash burning a hole in my pocket so to speak so I have now hooked something else in France but thanks anyway

Neil Phillips, I hope you have a good trip. I suspect the ribaldry which greeted the original post might have made Pauliesans reluctant to make a second appearance. wink
latest report
pam w wrote:
Quote:

Hi - not heard anything and had some cash burning a hole in my pocket so to speak so I have now hooked something else in France but thanks anyway

Neil Phillips, I hope you have a good trip. I suspect the ribaldry which greeted the original post might have made Pauliesans reluctant to make a second appearance. wink
Embarassed
ski holidays
Would be more interested in a full week, your skiing skills may be impressive but you need to work on the negotiating skills, Mrs T's let me have 5 weeks over the past 2 years Toofy Grin
ski holidays
Would love to join you, ex World Cup racer,soon to be a father of twins.
See you in Meribel,
Hermann Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy