Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Help me choose a resort

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I am in the process of sorting out a short break to Austria for late January next year.I can get flights to munich flying out on a Monday and returning on the Friday.there will be three of us myself comfortable on reds and blues my son (16) about the same level and my wife more competent than she realizes but nervous happiest on blues.I will book a couple of hours tuition for myself and son and was thinking of 1/2 day group lessons for my wife then ski as a family in the afternoons.So I am looking for a resort within 2 hours of Munich with mostly of easy terrain good English speaking ski school fairly compact no need for 300km of piste for 3 days and reasonable après. your advice would be appreciated as we have never been to Austria so any other tips would be handy, one other thing must have lockers for skis and boots at the lift station as we are all lazy and refuse to carry skis or walk far in boots. thanks
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Have a look at Westendorf, there is a ski hire shop with a depot rigth by the village/nursery slope chairlift (you traverse from the top of this to the main Alpenrosenbhahn gondola). I'm sure they'll have an English-speaking instructor, maybe an actual Brit if that's important (shouldn't be IMO - the majority of Dutch and Danish instructors - who seem to make up the majority of instructors - that I know are totally fluent in English).

I would have said Saalbach, but there's a couple of minute walk between the Schattberg gondola and the Kohlmais or Bernkogel areas, if you want to switch between them on the Saalbach side. If you don't, there is accomm. and hire shop depots (and lockers, I think) right by some lifts.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
westendorf looks like it might fit the bill I wll see if I can find accommodation for 4 nights cheers clarky
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
doghead: Mayrhofen/Ziller Valley would also fit the bill. Great ski areas, lively apres, plentiful accommodation options - though I haven't looked for base station lockers at any of the resorts....
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
struggling to find accommodation in skiwelt area there are several options in alpbach but I am a bit concerned that there may not be enough suitable slopes for nervous wife because I really want her to enjoy this holiday.this might be the last holiday my son will want to go on with the old folks so if my wife has a bad experience I will be out of ski buddies.anybody who has skied alpbach feedback on the difficulty of the slopes would be really appreciated
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy