Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Skis for the other half- ?Line Celebrity 90s

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
On a trip last March to la Ros we were presented with plenty of powder and there was only the two of us out there, so finally, FINALLY, I was able to convince her to go off piste. She is currently on some beginner K2s that she has had since learning, and (fair enough), at times was getting grumpy with her skis and wanted something more all mountain. So with christmas coming up, and a couple trips shortly after, I reckon I should treat her.

So, she is about 5ft 4, around, maybe 10.5st. Ski wise getting towards the 10 week mark and confident on all bar the most most diffiicult mogul blacks, where she gets a bit grumpy. She wants to progress into off piste, but it needs to be a one ski quiver. So I guess something 50/50

Of course as always, the ski must look good. Reading around I thought the Line Celebrity 90 sounds like it would do the trick, what else should I be looking at? Unfortunately I am fairly confident she wont like the graphics on the 2014 celebrity 90, and can only find one shop in the US withthe 2012 version, who wont ship to the uk!

Any advice greatly appreciated, have to go ahead and buy without her as she is a big believer in Christmas etiquette!
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
My Mrs went onto Scott Lunas in 156 with 84 cm underfoot - she is similiar in height/weight (bit shorter) but wish she had more float so I wish I had got the Scott Layla's with 92 underfoot.

http://www.scott-sports.com/gb/en/products/2307539992156/ski-scott-luna-a-version-156/

http://www.scott-sports.com/gb/en/products/2307529992158/ski-scott-layla-a-version-158/

Very good on piste.

Other hot skis to look at - Rossi Saffron 7 and Salomon Q-88 and Q-96 all look very interesting.

http://www.salomon.com/uk/range/skis-alpin-women.html
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I have Line Celebrity skis but I wouldn't say they're a "one ski quiver" job. They're hard work on hard-packed pistes, that's for sure.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I have the Blizzard Black pearls, good all mountain ski - highly recommend, but currently not so great graphics. LD Mountain Centre have the 2012/13 Atomic Affinity Storms at a good price (84 under foot, good all mountain Ski), the Volkl Kenja has great reviews (not skied it), or this years Atomic Elysian is pretty gorgeous and a great light weight all mountain ski (Snowinn has them for £303.60). Check out Ski Diva for recommendations/reviews.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Blizzard Bushwackers or Black Pearls (the same skis). She probably won't like Kenja much on moguls if that's where she gets grumpy. They are fairly stiff so will need some skills to steer in moguls. Black Pearls/Bushwackers will be more forgiving even that not as zippy on hard pack.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Many thanks for the replies. Thanks Pam for the heads up on the celebrities, I have been put off them now I have read around a bit more, for that very reason.

Had a good look at the Salomon Q-88 or 96, look good, but I am not altogether convinced as I have been unimpressed with the manufacture quality of Salomons before.

Overall having spent days reading reviews I thik the winner is the Elysians, seem to tick all the boxes for her. Looking at her beginner carvers she is on 154s, would I be right to think that 159s are the way to go? not sure how much length you lose with the rocker, but 168 seems huge, fairly certain she would be unhappy with that!
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Love my Black Pearls...Have the 2012's and they're so pretty I can't walk past them without smiling.

Oh, and they're really, really fun to ski on as well.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
The Atomics do ski short, I ski my OH Theories in a 168 but my piste ski is a 163. Probably best to go for the 159 as they should feel similar to her 154. Good luck, they will be a great Xmas present.
MeMyselfandI - my black pearls are also the 2012 model - had to get them from Italy to get these graphics but so much nicer than the newer one IMHO.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
My OH is an expert skier, who has a 10 year old pair of K2 Apache Recons in a165. She was having real trouble on skis that short and narrow in last year's big powder, but loves her skis for everything else (especially moguls, her big passion). Bought her the Celebrity 90's for snowy days, on Marker Jester bindings, 168 length. They will be under the tree this Christmas, so hope I made a good choice! Pam - what do you use yours for?
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Harry Flashman, TBH I would have been inclined to let her pick her own as I would also suggest to the OP. I hope you don't live to regret not doing so.
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
True - but meant to be a surprise! She skied them for a day last season and liked them, but this was in powder...
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy