Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Bariloche Argentina August

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
We will be in Bariloche Argentina for 4 days from 21 August, following a few days in Buenos Aires.
I cant really find much info or reviews of the Cerro Catedral resort where we will be skiing - old reviews unfortunately not too positive.
I was hoping that anyone with recent experience or knowledge would be so kind as to give any advise about the skiing there.

We will stay in Bariloche and will be transferred to the resort every day. Would really like to know about any good runs or maybe some off-piste.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Bariloche is a lovely town and as long as the snow is good you will have a great time. There are lots of companies who do transfers up to the ski area and also a local bus which is very good as well. It's been a few years since I boarded there (2005) but you will see lots of areas where you can venture "a little" off piste without a guide. A lot of Argentinian skiers tend to stick to the pistes so it doesn't get tracked out nearly as quickly as in Europe. Chapelco resort in nearby San Martin Los Andes is a great ski area which is smaller but with more tree lined runs.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Are you going with Wynies?
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
pablito69 wrote:
Bariloche is a lovely town and as long as the snow is good you will have a great time. There are lots of companies who do transfers up to the ski area and also a local bus which is very good as well. It's been a few years since I boarded there (2005) but you will see lots of areas where you can venture "a little" off piste without a guide. A lot of Argentinian skiers tend to stick to the pistes so it doesn't get tracked out nearly as quickly as in Europe. Chapelco resort in nearby San Martin Los Andes is a great ski area which is smaller but with more tree lined runs.

I was there with Snoworks about six years ago and I agree with the above regarding both on and off piste skiing.

We were only there for two days and I would say that Cerro Catedral is a bit small for a longer stay. If you can get to somewhere else as well it might be something worth considering.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
We are going with a group from my husbands work, organized by own company. Not all will ski, but will do excursions instead. Very wide range to accommodate so we will try to know ourselves where to ski - seeing that 4 days are short break.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy