Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Snowboarding in May, lone snowboarder

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I've just returned from my first snowboard holiday in austria. I loved every minute of it and am eager to do it again ASAP. My local ski shop recommended that i join this site and ask some advice from anyone willing to give it. He said a few places in France have recently had a decent snow fall and will probably have snow well into May. He suggested Chamonix, Valdisere, Tignes but to avoid Merribelle. I will also be a lone traveller and don't mind being a random in a chalet. I am an intermediate snowboarder but have discovered that mountain snow is obviously very different to my snowdome, so i am eager to be up a mountain again. Tour operators appear to stop offering holidays in April through to november/december time but, again, my local shop said there some real bargains to be had as long as you can arrange everything yourself. Any advice regarding travelling to and staying in a resort is most appreciated though i really don't fancy having to drive. Plus the closest airport to me is Stansted. Again advice would be great as this will be the first time i will be arranging everything myself rather than a package holiday.
Thanks
Woodcack
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Into May? Tignes or Tignes. Or maybe Tignes.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
woodcack, ^^^^ check out mountain sun http://www.mountainsunltd.com/index.php
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Thanks alot. Someone likes Tignes
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
End of season bash ?
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Tignes is probably your only French option in May. If you can make it sooner, piste conditions in 2Alpes at the moment are AWESOME. Cool
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I'll check it out. Thanks alot...
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
woodcack, Val Thorens is open to 8th May, Tignes until the 12th.

The EoSB might well be a happy medium for you though as it's sort of a group trip for independent travellers snowHead

We have a great deal on accommodation and lift passes as a result of there being so many of us (>100) and, while everyone sorts their own travel, there's a lot of help and guidance since so many snowHeads are heading for the same destination at the the same time. We also run our own lessons and have a snowBoard instructor on the team this year.
A fantastically supportive bunch of skiers, over the week you'll learn (and laugh) so much more than U thought possible.

It's in the last week of April (20-27th) - ask advice on the EoSB topic.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
i have some spare flight that your welcome to just need to pay the fee to change the name (for end of season bash)
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Thanks,
that is very kind and although i would love to go to the EoSB, i just don't think i can make the 20th to 27th of April Sad . Out of interest where are the flights from and to?
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Manchester to Geneva
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
hi , snowboard in bansko is a great experiane, just check for it to see http://kanokratisi.gr/ekdromes-bansko/
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
I went to the Meribel resort out in the Alps, great people, great snowboarding and affordable!

check it out, http://skichaletsmeribel.co.uk/

Hope it helps!
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy