Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Rossignol Experience 88 & Salomon Z12 bindings?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi all,

Hoping someone can tell me what I need to know.

I've brought a bargain pair of ski only rossy E88's, they are Open (flat) ones; Does this make a difference when it comes to what binding to use?

My full question is: I've a older set of skis (Salomon Aero GT+) with this pair of Salomon Z12 bindings on, can these easily be transferred to the new E88 skis?

Many thanks for any help.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
munkee wrote:
.....Does this make a difference when it comes to what binding to use?

Not unless you're big/heavy/a hucker/a park rat etc.

munkee wrote:
....I've a older set of skis (Salomon Aero GT+) with this pair of Salomon Z12 bindings on, can these easily be transferred to the new E88 skis?

No problem although the brake levers might need a tweak to fit the wider ski. The going rate for a mount inc adjustment set-up is £25.

Before you have the skis drilled check the ski bases for flatness as I've seen a lot of those skis with overly concave bases. If they're like that send 'em back.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
munkee, are the Z12's on your Aeros screwed directly into the ski or part of a Smartrak plate system (which was the standard fitting, I believe)? If they're the plate system it depends if the plate is removable and if you can find someone with the correct jig/template to re-mount it.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
My Z12's are part of a Smartrak plate - I've not looked at how they remove or if they remove just yet. I remember the guy in S&R fitting them together with teh screw driver when I brought them.

Looks like I might be buying another set of bindings - So much for my cheap upgrade Smile

Cheers also to SyderJon
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
munkee, thought so. Depends on the age of the ski then. From memory the first couple of seasons that plate was available it was removable and then they started integrating it into the ski manufacture and there's no obvious way to get it off.

You can tell by looking at the fins at the front - if they're only about 1cm long and quite square, it comes off and if they're 3-4cms long and quite tapered it doesn't.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I think OPEN is the phrase Rossi use for Flat No Spec lay up. Love these skis, so Dynastar feel. The 98 is one of the best all rounders out there.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I must have the earlier Smartrak plate, I've just managed to slide them off no problem.

Think I'm going to go down the easier route of buying some Axium 120 L's and sell the old ski as a complete package.

People in the know, is that a good idea or should I bend the old brakes on the Z12's in order for them to fit the E88's !!
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Quote:
I must have the earlier Smartrak plate, I've just managed to slide them off no problem.

Oh dear, you really haven't got this. Sliding them off the plate isn't the point. You have to move the plate to the E88's otherwise you've got nothing to slide them back onto have you? rolling eyes
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
My understanding was that the plate on the E88's wasn't needed, I just needed to slide them off old skis and unscrew the bracket, so your just left with the bindings then once the new skis have been drilled then you screw the bindings on direct sans plate and bracket.

Anyway, I've decided that messing with all of this isn't what I'm going to do. I'm just going to get someone who has done it before to drill and attach some new bindings for me.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Laughing best thread ever
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Thanks for stopping by!
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy