Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Excited!

Poster: A snowHead
So it's 30 degrees, I'm watching the cricket and am thinking about what December's snowfall is going to be and whether I can justify another set of skis and that new jacket....
Anyone else?
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Neraida wrote:
So it's 30 degrees, I'm watching the cricket and am thinking about what December's snowfall is going to be and whether I can justify another set of skis and that new jacket....
Anyone else?

Already got my new skis and bindings, Kjus ski pants, merino wool base layer. Job done.

My only worry is that my wife needs (yup...needs) new boots, new skis after buying her new jacket and ski pants (plural).
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
It's more than 30C out there.

I got a weekly snow report email today. Funnily enough there is no snow in Arabba.

Getting excited about holiday, which starts in a week's time Smile

Thinking about what ski stuff to order when I'm back though. Jacket perhaps? Pair of SL skis?
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Yeah, on the back of another thread I started looking at a new board and bindings and now it's just a matter of time before I splurge the cash on something.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
There's a North Face shop about 10 minutes from here...need stuff.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Back on another thread I just bought a new board and bindings Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I'm on with planning at least three trips for next season at the minute, and just reread a book on backcountry skills.

In the next couple of days I'll be making two allen bolts to replace the ones from my binding inserts that I semi-stripped when installing after beer, resetting edge angles on the newest pair of skis and marking up my ski poles so I can use them as a clinometer.

I will NOT buy anything else for this season; promise. wink
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I thought I was quite well sorted last year as I bought a new jacket and trousers. Job done. Then we decided that we should buy each other new helmets, so did that and the goggles did seem to fit. In January OH bought new skis, so a week later I did too. And then in February I decided that the goggles really did not fit the new helmet well, or my face. So new goggles. This year I really will have to be more restrained.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Got some turns in at Tamworth yesterday. Now thinking of an early season trip this year to make the most of our season passes. Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Neraida, Snow & Rock sale starts today
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
AHHH! I will go beserk if I get to S&R Smile
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Ordered new skis, have new jacket, planning new pants, helmet, gloves, bindings, transceiver, probe and the list just keeps growing
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Spent last night pricing up my fantasy kit from last season in the sales...
New board and bindings, was £625, now £398.... ooooohhhh its tempting....
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Just booked flights for a DIY week in January - Jet 2, Leeds Bradford to Salzburg Very Happy .

Fancying somewhere new and haven't been to Austria for a while so - on Bergmeister's recommendation - are looking at Dorfgastein. We'll have a car so the plan will be to tackle the whole valley. Really looking forward to it - as well as other possible trips (Scotland galore plus Tignes in November/December) Smile .
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
I got new new bindings from the wife for my birthday....in july snowHead

Hoping this seasons snowfall will be as good as last season in the PDS.
snow report
Only 3 and a bit months until the snow obsession kicks in here Cool Got heated boot bag on my list now. Waiting to see what CEM is going to say about my boots before I buy anything else..
snow conditions
Already spent £650 on boots, skis and bindings Laughing I'll do my best not to spend much more, but I want a new jacket and another pair of trousers. Climbing season is in full swing at the moment though so my brain is full of rock and routes, although the snow does make an occasional forced entry resulting in an hour or two of youtube trawling for powder skiing videos Very Happy
snow report
Oh, and three-four weeks of skiing to plan... Twisted Evil
snow conditions
Been 30 deg + for several weeks out here in Germany, but booked my hotel in Feldberg last night. Madeye-Smiley
Can't book the train for another 6 weeks though.. Sad
Ski safe
Paul
snow conditions
andy wrote:
It's more than 30C out there.

I got a weekly snow report email today. Funnily enough there is no snow in Arabba.

Ah but there was at the very end of June when I was there:

And then more snow fell (150cm on the Passo Pordoi car park):

There were 2 people skinning and skiing on the Marmolada the next day.
But the presence of my wife prevented me from doing the same (she would have killed me and then I couldn't have skied next January. And February. (And March).
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy