Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

can re-use a volkl split board kit?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi there, a question to the educated masses.
Does anyone know if you can re-use a volkl split board? I ask as I sometimes see secondhand volkl for sale but they are always on huge boards and I don't ride the massive planks anymore, so could I buy one take it apart and put it onto one of my boards? I know the kits are not hugely expensive to buy new, but being a poor seasoniare with time and some skill with tools.....
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Voile?
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
fatbob
Voile?
Ha, ha, no I don't want to upholster cushions!
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Just search voile split board kit. I believe stock Volkls use this.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Humm, still a little confused, do both brands do their own boards as well as DIY kits?
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Voile do their own boards or at least used to but they weren't highly rated. Their kit, which is available separately, is used on a number of manufacturers splittys so if you want to convert an old board you can do. Just need a wood core a decent jigsaw/steady hand etc.

Keswick's finest will tell you the score

http://www.snowboardexperts.co.uk/item/prod/voile-diy-split-kit/387/

Or just buy this

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2011-Atomic-Poacher-Prem-Renu-164-Snowboard-Only-/200939375723?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2ec8eb8c6b
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Thanks fatbob
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
DeliciousMountain, think you're getting confused. Volkl don't, and never have, do split-board kits. It's Voilé who make the kit which is used for both split-your-own and by almost every splitboard manufacturer (including Volkl).

Volkl do seem to have added a couple of minor refinements.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Thanks stevo,
But what I really wanted to know was if I bought a second hand splitboard that had been a DIY job could I take it apart and bin the old board and re-use the parts of the kit on one of my boards?
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Yeah, no worries. But to be honest, DIY splits aren't great. The lack of a steel edge on one side of each ski becomes an issue if you're doing any serious touring.

Selling a splitboard myself.... Never Summer Titan 169. Voilé components.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy