Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Swiss - Gatwick to Geneva

Poster: A snowHead
Swiss will be flying Gatwick to Geneva three times a week starting 14th Dec. Sorry if its been posted before, but with flights currently £68 return, ( carry on bags only ) or £108 with hold baggage it worth repeating
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Very very good news - Gatiwck is great for me when visiting London, and Swiss is much nicer than easyjet.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Fantastic news! Very Happy
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
carry on baggage extra on swiss?!?! Puzzled
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Arno, yeah, they (like BA) are now giving you cheaper fares if you don't check luggage in, at least on some routes.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
under a new name, it's the end of civilisation as we know it Mad
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Hmm, wonder if that can be factored into justifying having your own alpine property; no need to carry all the stowage luggage if you leave all your gear in the alps Cool How many trips to pay for a chalet??! lol
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Be warned - appalling customer service. Cancelled my flight from London City to Geneva in January at very short notice and they really weren't interested in getting me an alternative flight. Best they could come up with was from Heathrow via Brussels or via Zurich the following day. Ended up using Easyjet from Gatwick(after Swiss had told me that neither Easyjet nor BA had any seats available that day) - took me nearly two months and countless emails to get my money back...and you have to phone Switzerland to speak to someone to chase it up - complete crock of s**t. Other than that they were great!!!
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I travel with Swiss a fair bit for skiing but I have to agree somewhat with Rugby Peter - we were at the other end in Geneva when London City got fog bound and they cancelled our flight 20 mins before it was due to go, having dragged everyone to the gate. We were at Geneva all day, they finally got us on the Heathrow flight later that night, they didnt seem to care much! At least they got us back to UK I guess. And we were without our luggage for the best part of a week, having assured us that there was no way it wouldnt be on the Heathrow flight. And they told us to leave the departure lounge, re-check in and generally it was chaos. £120 taxi fare home from Heathrow, I gave up trying to get that back! Id never had a flight cancelled like that before so maybe all airlines are the same?
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Sounds like my experience with Ryan Air from Portugal. They cancelled the flight at check in as there werent enough people to make it justifiable to fly and blamed it on security issues. They offered us a morning flight (no hotel room or food provided, the option was to sleep in the airport) back to standstead which I couldnt do because of work, or the flight to gatwick. She said no compensation would be given as stanstead and Gatwick are both london airports rolling eyes
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I have to say my own experiences with Swiss have been excellent. On the way back from the EoSB12 for example, I had no problem changing my return flight from Geneva onto an earlier one, having been dropped off by the lardy bus a full 6 hours before the scheduled departure - and at no extra fuss or, more importantly, expense. I do sympathise with RUGBY PETER and steviet865 though, when things go wrong it's hellish, no matter what airline you fly on. As for dennisp, sympathies again, but I'm sorry to say the clue is in the name - ryan scare - enough said.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
I agree with scubadancer, we were bumped from a GVA-LHR one Easter a few years ago (overbooking, no other reason) and flew back into LCY at our request first thing (to get straight to our then offices), in the front cabin after a pleasant meal with wine (!) then sleep at one of the airport hotels and pocketing IIRC CHF 250 cash each. All delivered with smiles.
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
I used to fly home with them from Basel every week. It was some sort of funny arrangement with BA (the tickets were booked with BA - the flight out was usually BA). Every week the flight home was delayed, which was just as well as we were rarely at the airport on time, but other than that the Swiss experience was absolutely first rate. Those lovely girls just couldn't bring me enough gin snowHead
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
I think you can have a bad experience with any airline. I've generally been pretty lucky with Swiss. Using them at winter does put you at the mercy of the weather, and flights into LCY are particularly prone to being affected. That's not really Swiss's fault
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Yup had good and bad with various airlines, makes no difference. Just watch with Swiss that you're not booking one of their old Crossair turboprops, LON GVA turns into a 2 1/2 hr flight. And had one fill with smoke on landing at GVA one time! (Got a free 2 hour visit to the airport fire station though Confused). Don't know if they'll be using them on this new route but be aware.
latest report
All these bad experiences with Swiss are possibly the result of Switzerland being outside the EU and so all the consumer-friendly EU rules not applying in Switzerland. Something perhaps to think about when you vote in the in/out referendum when it eventually comes along...
latest report
Quote:

And had one fill with smoke on landing

Sounds like Germanwings landings at Köln-Bonn. Except that's the cockpit that fills with smoke. On more than one occasion.
snow report
boardiac, Like.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy