Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Heading out for a month, renting skis?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hello! Thinking about an extended stay in Morzine next season, probably from around Jan 4 for around a month, if not a little bit longer. Relatively inexperienced - just one week in 2012, and about 20 days the season just gone.

Trying to figure out what the best option regarding skis is going to be. It seems like most rental places don't actually rent for more than 13/14 days, and that seems to be in the region of €160 - so even if there was a monthly option, I'm probably looking at around €300 for a month?

If that's the case, then wouldn't buying something make sense. Aside from snowdome skis, I've basically only skied on Dynastar Outland 80s, except for the EoSB where I had the 'pro' model - neither seem that much more than the theoretical month long rental cost?

Would appreciate any tips/advice!
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
driz, if you keep your eyes open there are often skis on here s/h to be had for cheap. I'm sure if you made enquiries you could get a deal for a month for about ten days hire. Also if you trawl the shops this time of year there are bargains. The plus side of renting is they will let you swap until your happy, plus maybe let you have some fatties on a powder day and no lugging around. If your serious about your skiing find what you love and buy them, take no notice of any reviews save what you read on sh. wink
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
driz, go to a resort place when you get there and try several skis, different styles and lengths etc and take advice when offered from the staff . Definitely cheaper to buy than rent for that time. Assuming you have boots. But beware of high charges to bring them home by plane.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Buy a pair on here or ebay (best hunting now, more expensive come October but greater choice) - look for so called demo bindings if you want them to adjust or know your BSL. You can always trade them in resort if you really don't get on.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Hmmm, did I mis-post?

Many shops in Geneva will rent for the season at quite competitive rates...
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
You can usually buy a 2nd hand pair in resort for £100. Cheaper than renting and not much more than air carriage.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Thanks for the tips everyone, it looks like the answer is 'Yes'... Wink

Will see what happens over the next few months - would prefer to rent to be honest as I don't really know what I'm looking for and haven't a clue about maintenance, but was concerned about the cost. I'll make some enquiries closer to winter and keep an eye on anything that pops up over the next few months.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy