Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

PISTE MAPS

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
anyone know where i can get piste maps (proper foldy papery ones not blurry online ones) for all the areas of chamonix and three valleys..? ta Little Angel
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
CANV CANVINGTON, try their tourist offices?
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Chamonix tourist office? Would they post some out to you?
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
CANV CANVINGTON, I have just ordered one of those 3D maps for paradiski from mountmaps.co.uk.

They do a three valleys one too.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I just checked - that should be mountmaps.com
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
CANV CANVINGTON,

You will not need one for Chamonix as all the areas are self-contained or a quick look at the map at the lift station will suffice. The GM is one great big bowl... Except the top station for which you should do more prep than a piste map IMV. If you are talking about doing more than the piste...whole new ball-game and take someone who knows
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
JT, I would always use a guide off the beaten track in chamonix.. especially after one of them took us past some cravasses close enough to have a good look at them.. one of the group enquired 'what do you do if someone falls in'
the reply 'we shoot them to save them starving to death' was amusingly to the point..
i only want them so my mates and i can spend the next 147 dasy getting tham out in the pub and discuss what we have done and what we want to do, and recall who crashed into what and stropped off where etc etc..
thanks to all for your help so far.. those 3d maps look the bollox!
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
CANV CANVINGTON, the 3D one for the 3Vs is certainly easier to use on the slopes than the traditional paper map but can be slightly confusing in some areas in not being particularly clear over which peaks you can use to access which pistes
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I like the 3d maps, and for pub use they're probably fine. I haven't found them user friendly on the slopes, 'though.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
It does strike me as being a good idea, but not particularly handy on the slopes!

Folding maps is bad enough but surely the 3D maps are even worse!
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
kosciosco, they are a lot smaller than traditional maps so probably easier to fold once you get used to them
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy