Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Saalbach - Hinterglemm - Leogang - Fieberbrunn 2023/24 Official Unofficial Thread

Poster: A snowHead
Another reason not to come to the ski circus

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/6868a419-a502-4ef8-8bc6-87e2dbbffaba?shareToken=2d1823b4223d7bdc716e34544080af9a
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@TomBH I don't think you're likely to make it. For a start you're assuming that all the flights on your transfer bus will be at the same time as yours, which is unlikely IME.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Had a couple of sessions in the Hinterhag Alm on 14 and 18th January recently
Was great atmosphere and busier than last year but not quite as packed as the pre Covid era.
Definitely worth going again and slightly more comfortable as not quite as Busy.
Only doing bottles of beer. Nothing on Tap. But makes for quick service and at 5 euro a large bottle great value.
Took a couple of newbies in and they are now addicted !
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
@Richard Farndale, it’s interesting that the Hinterhag has regained much of its former popularity, despite the owner’s refusal to invest in it, her delusion that she can sing, and the rise of the Soul House, which boasts an extremely good band.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Im delighted to hear that the hinterhag has risen from the ashes of family loss and the effects that covid have had on a lot life as we knew it . Eff i may not be the most tuneful singer but its her house and she can do what she likes and as ever she loves us all or at least appreciates our custom .I know of no other place where many different nationalities can all sing the songs enjoy the company and the fun to be had .mindst drinking gassy bottled beer is a downside but then why would you invest at her age without a family member to take over the business , most folk would have long retired and given up.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
@ski for fun, “ Eff i may not be the most tuneful singer but its her house and she can do what she likes”

Nicely understated!

“as ever she loves us all or at least appreciates our custom”

To my mind it’s the latter (coupled with a degree of self-love.)

“mindst drinking gassy bottled beer is a downside”

At least it’s stopped the Hinterhag practice of avoiding waste, by tipping the discarded contents of beer glasses into customers’ drinks, which was recycling before recycling became a thing.

“why would you invest at her age without a family member to take over the business”

I’ve heard that she does have family members, who have pleaded with her to stop trying to sing, and who would be keen to take it over and restore it to its former glory (when it was probably the best après-ski venue in the Alps).
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@ski for fun, certainly Hinterhag divides opinion. I used to love the place when I first went, but got increasingly frustrated at how packed it got and the time it took to get a drink. Stopped going pre Covid and only been once since and left after one beer, even though no longer packed. Just skiied past several times this year and went to Burgi’s and Soul House.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Enjoyed Soul House on our trip in January, the band had just arrived from Sweden so it was their first night. Impromptu appearance by Spacey and all in all a very good night and venue. What was noticeable was the incredible ( some would say dangerous) amount of alcohol Peter the lead singer consumed! He was completely pickled by 7.30, not sure if it’s the same every night. I fear for his liver if so
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
hi all
staying in Hinterglemm next week. Can anyone recommend a few restaurants to visit in town for the nights we wont eat in hotel ?
We have 2 teenagers so not the fancy/fine dining end of the restaurant scale !
We also have a car so could drive if not too far/treacherous to get there.

thanks
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
@melandnick, THOMSN, Liemers, Glemmtalerhof they have an informal restaurant at the front of the hotel. Avoid Fuhrmannstube im Hotel Glücksschmiede
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
radar wrote:
@melandnick, THOMSN, Liemers, Glemmtalerhof they have an informal restaurant at the front of the hotel. Avoid Fuhrmannstube im Hotel Glücksschmiede

thanks !
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@melandnick, they should fit the bill, have a look at Heurigenstube as well, more traditional Austrian than the others all informal.
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Hi guys. Day 2 here in Hinterglemm so thought I’d drop a status report.

Got the 260 bus, 12:53 bus. The 10:53 was late so tried to get on that but turned down as no room. The 12:53 bus was absolutely rammed and a bit chaotic tbh. Bus was late leaving due to the volume of us getting on with bags (some people got turned away, no space). The traffic out of the airport was crazy too. The 680 was also very busy, but we got here, albeit an hour late! So bit mental but for my lad and I, at less than €30 for the two of us, we can’t complain.

Ref the bus for anyone that uses it, perhaps you @radar, we will be getting the first 680 and then 260 next Sat, my worry is if the Zell bus is rammed it won’t stop for us at Maishoffen, will it be very busy or should we be ok?

Very warm in resort, snow is very soft making it hard going at times. Finding myself looking for ice rather than the other way round. Some nice runs out there, run 159 was very nice both yesterday at about 11am and today at around 14:30. Did the run on the north side of the Zwolfer (forget the number) which was good. Snow was rock hard. Been 14 years since I skied that. Always was hard snow. The bridge is welcomed rather than the walk across the road.

Some lifts closed today due to high winds, westgipfbahn (spelling?) from mid-station up, amd zwolfer nord bahan. Think the westgip opened later. Made getting to Saalbach a pain as had to loop up and around via the south facing slopes around Wallaggalm etc. Lifts were very busy there.

Enjoyed some apres last night starting in Walleggalm then catching last lifts to the goatstall. Met some Dutch guys which was cool, only snag, ended up a bit worse for wear. If you saw a fat guy falling over at the goatstall trying to ski, that was me. At my age I should know better but it was of those times when it just flows. Was still out just gone 9am so I don’t feel so guilty. Anyway, I think it was the altitude that got me! Toofy Grin

Happy to meet up with any snowheads that are here also.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Spacey’s on currently at the Spitzbub
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
@Boofont, I’m assuming you are getting the 06.18 from the Schattberg Xpress, as to how busy it’s going to be not sure, we travel in December,January and March and have always got on whatever bus we have taken, last weekend it was busy, we caught the 10.30, the connecting bus was busy the luggage under the bus was full, but us and the six others got on.

You could stay on the 680 all the way to Zell station and then get a train, the bus arrives at 06.52 there is a train to Salzburg at 07.15 you then get the 2 bus to the airport which would get you in at 9.15.

Or book the shuttle and have a longer sleep.
snow conditions
@tatmanstours, from what I see on Instagram he’s drawing them in!
snow conditions
A quick logistical question about a Hinterglemm property....I have been looking at Pension Falkenstein which is slightly above the village. It looks lovely and gets excellent reviews but is said to be ski in-out. Looking at the map I can see how you could ski back to it but skiing out seems involve going uphill or walking along the road to reach the piste. Anyone stopped or stayed there and able to give more detail, positive or otherwise?
ski holidays
@Boofont, is it DJ Toni at the Wallegalm? He used to DJ at Schwartzacher but moved to Wallegalm. He really is awesome and will probably make the journey when back in the hood
snow conditions
Anyone need their gear repaired, see below, it’s on 10/11 February.

Hi everyone,
On the weekend, the Worn Wear team of Patagonia is at Schattberg X-Press in Saalbach repairing your winter sportswear - free of charge and no matter what brand. Stop by, our professional repair techs are happy to get your favorite piece ready for the season.
It's true as always: First come, first serve. Only one item per person. Just freshly washed clothes. No shoes, boots or hardware. Extensive repairs such as complete replacement of defective zippers are only possible with adequate capacity.
Spread the word and see you there!
More info : https://wornwearsnowsaalbach.splashthat.com/
All the tour stops on the Worn Wear Tour: https://eu.patagonia.com/de/de/events/
snow conditions
Was DJ Toni from the Goatstall?

http://youtube.com/v/s8kdFHVLo1M?feature=shared
snow report
@ste_B, not sure. I reckon he's in his 60's (at least) Toofy Grin
snow conditions
@ste_B, no, that’s Toni Enn, owner of the Goaßstall
ski holidays
Apres ski was good with Gillian going to send a message to @tatmanstours, to see if he wants to meet up!

latest report
@boabski, he was there. That place has changed so much since I was last there.
snow report
@Boofont, a nice thought but I’m currently battling my second dose of man flu this season.
ski holidays
@Boofont, good catch up!
ski holidays
Looks to be some good snow coming in from Sunday onwards.
snow report
tatmanstours wrote:
@Boofont, a nice thought but I’m currently battling my second dose of man flu this season.

Damn. That’s not great. Sorry to hear that and hope you get well soon.
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@radar, thanks for the further bus info.

Yes, getting the first bus which leaves Hinterglemm at 06:11. Plan is to connect on to the 260 at 06:57. Obviously there’s a risk the 260 may be full but I’m hoping that as it’s the first bus of the day it isn’t that busy.

My back up plan if I can’t get on that bus is to try use a taxi. It’s not ideal but a back up nevertheless. Can I assume the taxi numbers you have previously given will pick me up from Maishoffen at around 7am?
latest report
@Boofont, keep in touch for your return experience, we are going for the 10.30, we then have two further public transport options that will get us there in time, albeit the last one getting to Salzburg 1 hr 45 mins before flight, so tight for any delays.
latest report
@Boofont, they should pick you up, we use 6620 to get us round Saalbach and Hinterglemm

@Gilly28, we go on the 10.30 connection two Saturdays ago, the 680 was busy though only 5 got off at Maishofen including us we all got on the bus including two locals, there was lots of luggage on the bus but we all got a seat, there were serval two's taking up four seats but they all moved to make room.

An FYI, the 680 and 260 are not on the ski pass, even though some 680 drives will take skiers on their buss, which is new this year.
snow conditions
I have the option of having a couple of days in Ski Circus next week. I have been to Ischgl and St Anton the last couple of days and crowds have been…..wow. Anyone care to give me an unbiased review on snow conditions and crowding please?
snow report
“Anyone care to give me an unbiased review on snow conditions and crowding please?”

@Gilly28, Step forward!

(I’ve been battling another dose of lurgi this week, so haven’t been out since Monday Mad )
snow conditions
@sbooker, it’s a great resort, zero crowding. Nothing negative to say at all other than the snow is pretty much as bad as it can be. There is no shortage, but the temp is so high that it’s very heavy going. Would I come for two days? Yes. Ski high, stay high. But do not expect Feb conditions. Think late season.
ski holidays
@sbooker, “ it’s a great resort, zero crowding. ”

I haven’t bothered to do any research, but I have a feeling that I read a while ago that next week sees not only U.K. half term, but also Salzburg and Bavaria half term, and also the Fasching holiday week. I couldn’t swear to it, but might be worth checking on. Fasching is always busy.
ski holidays
Yes. Ref crowding. I’m saying that based on this week. About to leave tomorrow.
latest report
@sbooker, as @tatmanstours, suggestion , the European holiday.
UK starts in parts 10 February

http://warringtonbears.org.uk/snowheads/eric2324.pdf
latest report
I have not had a lift queue at Ischgl or St Anton but the slopes are the worst I’ve ever seen.
snow report
It’s all good practice snowHead
snow conditions
@Boofont, @tatmanstours, @radar, thanks. Good advice. I have my late 40s wife with me who is a good skier but quite cautious - timid even. I don’t want to ruin skiing for her.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy