Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Serre Chevalier 2010/2011

Poster: A snowHead
snowangel., as I recall it rained very hard on Christmas eve, but we were still skiing fresh snow on Christmas morning.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
howiet,
Quote:

Will do, keep your ears open for a strong Glaswegian accent!

Toofy Grin Might have to watch out for you too then as you are out at same time. We'll be in Monetier. You can listen out for my diluted Glaswegian accent snowHead If you are on Facebook the local tourist board have a great update every day pretty much of the events going on - well worth a look. snowHead
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Hells Bells, I was driving to Grenoble via Le mure due to lauteret closed! The rain forecast for this week (if it comes) will cover whole mountain at 2500m hence if it doesn't snow again before 11tg it may well be very icy. I have everything crossed for snow thurs and fri
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
well so far this morning it is still snowing very small flakes but it is the warmest its been in weeks at -1. It dumped approx 15cm last night and the only reason i know is due to trying to get some light into the kitchen through the velux, there is approx 15 on the roof! Dam quad isn't working either so its a by hand snow clearing morning to come, but right now its too early and to miserable to do anything other than go back to bed and enjoy the last week of my holiday! snowHead
keeo everything crossed for no rain!
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
it raineth! Sad but its making the snow nice and sticky so i think it will do the mountain some good and stick well. not sure how high up its raining as the mountain is covered in cloud.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
MarjMJ wrote:
howiet,
Quote:

Will do, keep your ears open for a strong Glaswegian accent!

Toofy Grin Might have to watch out for you too then as you are out at same time. We'll be in Monetier. You can listen out for my diluted Glaswegian accent snowHead If you are on Facebook the local tourist board have a great update every day pretty much of the events going on - well worth a look. snowHead

Yeh I have joined the touristboard site(Serre Chevalier Vallée)? They have an excellent video posted on it from many years ago promoting the area. Here is the link http://goo.gl/HdxLe if anyone else would like to watch but is not on Facebook.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
snowangel. wrote:
it raineth! Sad but its making the snow nice and sticky so i think it will do the mountain some good and stick well. not sure how high up its raining as the mountain is covered in cloud.

please take the raineth away!
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I didn't want to ruin the party when rain was mentioned earlier but SnowAngel is right, in that it's good for the resort at this stage in the season - will provide a good solid base for future snow falls - though you should have seen how it rained this year end of March into April - but at least up top it was snow.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Weathercam, the Monetier webcams at 4.30pm today suggest it is at least snowing hard at Bachas level and above. All the trees are white, and there is considerably more snow on the new restaurant they're building on the Arva park.

We were there when it rained, but got up top in the afternoon just as the sun came out, it was wonderful snowHead snowHead
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Hells Bells, from my front room i can see all the way to 2300m, ,there is not one single flake of snow on any of the trees anywhere insite. and it has been raining for 3 days. make your own mind up but i dont think i'll bother on saturday, i dont like riding ice Sad
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowangel., my post about the webcams is two days old, it was definitely snowing when I posted, but sadly accept it is raining now. Sad
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
good news everyone, i took a walk with the dog this morning up the Briance, where the rattrack has passed it was perfect piste! I cant see it worth doing the off piste but we will see. roll on tomorrow, snowHead
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Meteo France has snow forecast for wed, thu and fri next week Very Happy
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Well it was ok. Off piste was impossible but the puts were ok bit hard but thank god for fake snow. Best pistes were them with fake. Snow. Still going up tomorrow. Photos when I have some Internet connection
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
sunday 12/12
very very hard the pistes today, icier and harder than yesterday consequently didn't have as much fun, which was a shame. I did however take the new tsd Vallons. Nice and quick, bit dangerous the arrival with the arrival of the cucumel chair opposite, be carefull in feb! The worst thing about this new tsd is the amount of people in the vallons of the cucumel, heart breaking. Even worse to realise just what we have lost and how long it will take to walk to do la balme and the old black to the cucumel. I personally think we have lost a lot more than we have gained. If you find when you come here you agree or have anything about the station you want to tell them about, come to the caisse and ask for a comments form and tell them, if enough people say the same things they do listen. A nice little teleski would be kind of cool! snowHead
couple of photo's later
snow report
after spending a very cold 20mins trying to find a missing ski in waist deep there last year, maybe being put off by a hike is good.. but seriously be interesting how much impact is caused because it looks a fair old hike now. Fingers crossed for good snow in jan so we can have a shufty
snow report
We're out to Montgenèvre on the 17th - Meteofrance.com forecast .... woo-hoo Toofy Grin

Tendances des jours suivants
Jeudi 16 -16°C / -5°C
Vendredi 17 -14°C / -4°C
Samedi 18 -14°C / -2°C
Dimanche 19 -12°C / 0°C
ski holidays
snowangel., see what you mean - I suppose the plus side is that it's now faster to get over to Monetier for people of all abilities etc but the Vallon run back to Frejus will now be full of Club Med ski school groups Crying or Very sad

Think as I said before it will mean that there's going to be some decent off piste but you're going to have to earn your turns - and it's a longer hike that doing Cucumelle - the blue track is from the top of Cucumelle chair to the peak and the red line is to the top of the old Balme Chair - but this time worth putting skins on and skinning up rather than hiking - which will sort the numbers out Laughing

snow conditions
When you see it infront of you it's a huge hike yes you'll earn your turns if you've got any energy left. I've got to have a back X-ray as walking up hills causes me massive pain so I doubt I'll be getting there this year. Oh well. Dam cold this am they should have made lots of snow. Roll on Friday for the dump!
snow conditions
I can't see the logic of giving up a potential free ride / off piste area so easily in these "commercial" times - what's the betting we'll see 10Euro for a tow behind a rat track / snow mobile etc for access to the ridge.

In terms of skinning that's only a 10 - 15 min at most I would have thought as it's not even a mile and only 100ms vertical - this could be good Razz

Actually just thought might even be able to get away with just walking up on the skis in touring mode but with no skins!
snow conditions
You'll change your mind when you see it. How long would it take you to hile The cucumel? I réckon even the fittest it would take half hour (I'm not in the category!) so the other side I reckon is a good hour give or take a bit. Certainly isn't a nice Sunday stroll! However I must try it one day! Would need to be sure the snow was good though I'd be so gutted after all that effort!
The lift itself is very quick and comfy and the view is great and you don't have to do that horrid cat track to get to the cucumel lift anymore so there are posatives! Smile
snow report
snowangel., Take a look at http://connect.garmin.com/activity/26950496 view player and you'll see the sort of pace, distance & elevation one can do - much steeper climb and did just over a km in 28mins - on my own I aim to do 450ms vertical per hour on a reasonable gradient - unlike hiking skinning is faster than walking - so 15mins av walking pace for a mile (1,600ms) - take into account the slight gradient (100ms if I've read the map right) and distance = 1.2km hence 15mins

I've skinned from Les Bez to Cucumelle in around three & half hours that's around 1200ms vertical through some awkward terrain & route finding above Frejus

This is another one up from just below Lauteret http://connect.garmin.com/activity/27253456

All fun stuff Laughing
snow report
Crazy man! Laughing
snow conditions
have internet connection yipppeee.... some photo's anyone?

going up le clot gautier

also on the same chair

debut de le tsd les vallons

fin de le tsd les vallons, with the cucmel far on the right
snow report
Great photos, you have just made my day Very Happy

2 weeks on Saturday yipeeeee
snow conditions
Huzzah indeed, we're driving up to PSV on Wednesday next week and will be stopping for a days skiing on Thursday in Serre Che Smile
snowangel., Don't suppose you know of the conditions in PSV perchance ? Smile

Si
ski holidays
fishslice, Im affadi i dont but have a gréât holiday
latest report
Loving the pix snowangel., . snowHead I guess these are from the new TSD...

Weathercam, you must be mighty fit!
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
snowangel., you still go by the "new snow on new moon"? Serre Chevalier looks very nice in your pics... keep em coming Very Happy
snow conditions
shoogly, yes still do, everything is guided by the moon.! much to cold to go up today and windy this afternoon. start work tomorrow but might get up an hour or two on sat.
ski holidays
Nice video of the new lift

http://youtube.com/v/6310wa4Gkzo&feature=player_detailpage
ski holidays
Thanks for this HB, counting down the days till the 1st of Jan Smile
snow report
5 cm this am At around 10 now And still snowing!
snow report
Quote:

5 cm this am At around 10 now And still snowing!

Thanks snowangel., bring it on!! From what I see on the radar on meteox it should be petering out around now, but if the current pattern continues, there's another band about an hour away and then another one two or three hours behind that. snowHead
ski holidays
not snowing now, finished at around 15cm which is 1/3 of what they got in Gap, will people please stop stealing our weather! snowHead
snow conditions
Hells Bells
Thanks for the video link, we are in Monetier on the 19th for Xmas snow looks good and the forecast is pretty good as well.
snow report
Robert Hardy, enjoy it. I'm sad not to be going out for Christmas and New Year. So sad that I've already booked the time off work for next year.
snow conditions
just posted on Facebook from the tourist office...looking good - especially since you can see the snow in the opposite side of the valley. Must be great. Cannot wait!

http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/video/video.php?v=1365259031529&oid=100541005744&comments

Robert Hardy, have a great Christmas out there. Wishing we could have gone instead of over New year...but just have to be patient! snowHead
ski holidays
been snowing all day not very heavy but snow is snow about 5 cm in all
snow report
no rain in site yet, just snow! lovely jubbly! fingers crossed it stays that way.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy