Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Montalbert La Plagne 2007/2008

Poster: A snowHead
boredsurfin wrote:
First man made snow in the centre of the village Confused

Jonpim
I havent got the two above on 27/11 but heres the 27/11 pic
In a mo I'll put up todays version of that shot.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
boredsurfin,

Lovely
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
This from 28 11 2005 remains my favourite snowHead

Last edited by You need to Login to know who's really who. on Sat 8-12-07 14:28; edited 2 times in total
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
boredsurfin, could well be or c+g ski they should be there sometime soon
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
boredsurfin, your handy work looks very good on snoweye,how come your not out there enjoying the powder
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
notverygoodatskiing, Unfortunately I have to be here to pay for when I go out there, but not long now snowHead
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
boredsurfin,

RG managed it. Half way along the thread Laughing

http://thermique74.nuxit.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=19795#19795
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
gwaelod, great posting! Sorry guys missed this post yesterday. I agree with boredsurfin, that the mountain heaven crew could be suspects and have texted them.

It is looking great and only 13 more sleeps Toofy Grin
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Your race to Villarogier is of for this Winter. Vanoise shut for the Winter Sad

http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?p=801743#801743
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Superb conditions (there is more snow than the webcams show!) today, empty pistes, Off piste is variable some enjoyable some not, avalanche warning is 2 All the pistes in the Montalbert forests are open as well as the unofficial tracks through the trees snowHead
Quite a few lifts closed and restaurants not open yet in the wider area, I guess they are waiting for the Christmas crowds to arrive.
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
boredsurfin,

Expect you will find a few more turning up form tomorrow. Forecast for the next 2 weeks at least is still cold with a little snow in the next week. Very jealous Sad Laughing
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
gwaelod, Have put some pics in the LP thread Very Happy
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
gwaelod,
Quote:

a few more turning up form tomorrow

Yep Mouth and co. arrive in the village tomorrow snowHead Laughing
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
boredsurfin, Seen them. You are being annoying wink Laughing
ski holidays
gwaelod, bit of a bummer that problem with the Vanois Express. I was hoping to show son Tom the great set-up, and give young boredsurfin a run for his money on the Villaroger challenge.
Will have to try beating the 44 lifts in a day challenge instead. snowHead
ski holidays
Jonpim, Don't get on Vega as that will use up several hours of your time Toofy Grin
snow report
Vega? What one that?
ski holidays
Jonpim,
Quote:

young boredsurfin

You are so kind Toofy Grin
Vega isn't slow, it's a return to a time when skiing was a much more genteel sport Very Happy
latest report
Jonpim, If you have to ask you ain't been on it. Just above Plagne Centre to the left (looking up) of the Grand Rochette bubble. Bring a picnic if going on it. snowHead
snow conditions
Ah. That lift.

You're right: I don't think I've ever been on it. A pointless lift.
It doesn't go anywhere that another lift doesn't do better.
I agree with RG.
snow report
Jonpim, Its good if your calves are a little stiff as you are guaranteed that they will get a belt right in the middle and woken up as you take your seat Twisted Evil
snow report
Quick village update, the following bar/restaurants have new owners /managers: Trappeur's, Tournamente, l'Ourserie, The Totem is now called the Code bar and offers free WiFi as does l'arbevoir snowHead
ski holidays
boredsurfin, Thanks for that have we still got a pool table ? I am told that the Tex Mex is also under new management....only 6days to go!!!!!!!!

Last edited by You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net. on Thu 27-12-07 10:12; edited 1 time in total
snow report
Jonpim, theres some easy off piste to play in off Vega snowHead
snow report
Local radio forecast has just said sunny days for the next few days with temps around +4 daytime and clear skies and -6 at night. 8.00am this morning it was -5 and the snowmakers were all making snow snowHead
snow report
boredsurfin, Forecast for next week looking hopeful for some new snow and heavy:sH:
snow report
gwaelod wrote:
heavy:sH:

Is this the new PC term for lardies? Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Jonpim, Speak for yourself. I am of delicate build Laughing Missed a space but I would imagine after the last fews days of food there a few heavy(ier) SH's around snowHead
snow report
redrunmarcus, Yep, Pool tournament in the Tournamente this evening Very Happy
Tex Mex? where's that?
snow report
boredsurfin, 50's Ledgend next to Scanapia
ski holidays
redrunmarcus, ah, Fiftys leg end is still there, they have some new furniture on their decking after some chairs broke in the summer, Very Happy Laughing

If it stops snowing wink I'll have a lok at the menu. Very Happy
ski holidays
boredsurfin, Cheers for the message on the car on the way to Chambery to pick up a friend who is out for the week, when are you out again, it is rain / snowing at the moment , as we sit in L' abrevoir.
snow report
redrunmarcus, Hi I'm back in blighty, I did give you a shout as you drove off! I was just coming out of Luge with me pizzas! Toofy Grin See you in Feb, isn't l'ab great with no smoke!!
Smart van BTW Very Happy
snow report
News on developments in and around Montalbert from Romain Guigon's excellent site.
http://www.perso-laplagne.fr/News.htm
Great to see the Fornelet chair is finally to be upgraded, Very Happy
but very sad that the high speed and steep Fornelet drag lift is to be removed Sad
latest report
Sorry, the translation of this texte took me many time !

But, be careful !, that's only a project...
latest report
Todays weather rain most of day- from here all the way to Geneva- snow from 1800 @1pm got soaked going over to Plagne Centre pm good snow off all lifts above centre ...temp dropped dramatically about 3pm the soft snow crusted over in about 1/2 hour needed green chaud in Le Vieux Temps rest
-6 as we came to L'abrevoir @8 sun forcast for tomorrow hopefully glacier will be open
snow report
redrunmarcus, Been watching on the webcam Toofy Grin Don't forget to wave when you come out of l'Abrevoir

http://www.trinum.com/ibox/montalbert/Images/montalbert3.jpg
snow conditions
On the glacier today 60 cm of fresh powder and only 1 unpisted run open......it was awesome..........
latest report
redrunmarcus, Fantastic. How awesome?? Back out in 2 and half weeks so hope to catch up with you. Have you tried the new Trappeurs yet?
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy