Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Tignes (and Tignes-Val D'Isere) 2024/5. Useful Links Page 1.

Poster: A snowHead
Nice film. I skied then, but in Switzerland. Still got my 1958 skis (on the wall) from 5 years later when I was 10, in Lech (It looks very different now, but a few buildings I can recognise).
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
bobski62 wrote:
I thought I'd tweak the parking info now that Tignes and Val d'Isere are open for business (with the exception of holiday parking in Tignes) and while checking the links, saw that Val are encouraging folk to park in Bourg (they must have read my parking info on snowheads last year!). The good news is that they have negotiated a special deal with Taxis Bozzetto: 15€ for a single trip between Val and the Alpins car park in Bourg.

But the main reason for the post is that it reminded me of a rather sweet film I chanced upon on youtube, presented by Taxis Bozzetto. In the opening sequences, the lorry is being driven by the original Monsieur F Bozzetto. Filmed in 1953 and gives a remarkable view of Tignes and Val d'Isere from back then. Enjoy!

http://youtube.com/v/4hQu4a0Wysk

Thank you so much, what an insight into a different time. Just 8 years after WW2.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
chocksaway wrote:
The Owners Scheme bunfight for parking has started. All paid up!

Sorted! I’d pre-approved my vehicle details on Indigo but as a pure Resident not aware that I had to select the correct category (Partner Owner) when they opened sales meaning I had to have my rights all “verified” again whilst sales were ongoing, watching the car parks get full! Snuck into Golf ;o)
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
@Grinning, More pitfalls than the Golf Course. At least Indigo seem to have a helpful guy on the e mails.

I only wish the Props scheme didn’t change each year - it’s only 18 years since I joined.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I'm looking to book a bus from BSM to Tignes on Saturday but it seems the earliest I can book is 12pm - I thought according to the schedule there should be one around 7:30am?!
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
@snowball, @Snow&skifan, so glad you also liked it. I think I will be re-watching with the pause button ready, trying to locate all the various scenes, buildings, views and mountain tops.

@Johnmaster18, if you use @chocksaway's link in the first post on page 1, and put in Saturday 19th Oct, it comes up with a bus at 7:45am ... ?

@Grinning - good to hear you got into Golf; as a non-proprietor resident I didn't get the option, and it's Lac 2 again, with the attendant schelp to get the car each time.

Last edited by You'll need to Register first of course. on Wed 16-10-24 23:57; edited 3 times in total
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@bobski62, I guess I was looking to book for the 7th December. First departure seems to be 12pm.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Ahhh..., yes, so it seems. Maybe pretend to leave your car in Alpins car park and book a taxi with Bozzetto? Though they may want proof that you've parked there...
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
bobski62 wrote:
In the past, people on this forum have asked about the dates and locations of Bourses aux Skis within a reasonable distance of Tignes / Val d'Isere. A Bourse aux Skis is a kind of 'bring and buy' sale of new and secondhand equipment. These are held throughout Savoie in the autumn.

From the current listing, the closest this autumn will be in Bourg St Maurice, 23rd/24th November:

https://www.hautetarentaise.fr/agenda/29740/2615-bourse-aux-skis.htm

There is usually also one in Seez - reputedly more popular - but I've not seen the dates yet. I'll check with my landlady as she is usually involved in its organisation. Others are also available, here is a list for Savoie and Haute Savoie along with an explanation of how they work, in French only (google is your friend).

https://www.alti-mag.com/alti-actus/alpes-dates-bourses-aux-skis-2024

Happy bargain hunting!

Saw this on facebook today:-
Lo Terrachu Bar
Coming out to Tignes for the winter but worried you don't have enough luggage space to pack that extra hoody that you probably won't wear anyway? Struggling to find ski gear for a reasonable price when you'll probably just get it covered in beer anyway? Realised you already have too many pairs of skis and want to make space in your huge studio apartment? The Lo Terrachu bring and buy sale is for you! In early December (date TBC - follow @lo.terrachu on insta to keep up to date) we will be hosting a bring and buy sale in the bar whilst raising money for charity. More details to come but please don't panic about not having everything ready for winter just yet, chances are we will have a bargain for you soon!

Last edited by You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net. on Fri 18-10-24 15:32; edited 1 time in total
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
chocksaway wrote:
@Grinning, More pitfalls than the Golf Course. At least Indigo seem to have a helpful guy on the e mails.
I only wish the Props scheme didn’t change each year - it’s only 18 years since I joined.

Stability and consistency don’t seem to be a thing. Snow’s good though!
@bobski62, does feel a bit like a lottery win Laughing

So looking forward to this winter snowHead
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Quote:

Lo Terrachu Bar

Great, thanks @Kenzie - I might take advantage myself. Let's both keep an ear to the ground for the date when they announce it...
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
A friend has pointed out that if you buy your Tignes - Val d'Isere season pass in Val d'Isere (for 1,090€), you get the following benefits:

Season pass benefits:
* two bonus days at Sainte Foy Tarentaise
* two days preferential rate at Espace San Bernardo La Rosière
* six free pool entries

The above taken from their website ( https://www.seevaldisere.com/ski-passes/ ) and confirmed by him by exchange of emails with the Val ski pass office. I've made an enquiry with STGM to ask if they plan to match this offer if you buy your season pass from them and await their reply. But if anyone already knows, do holler!

Everyone's consistent experience in past seasons (including my own) is that it has not mattered where you buy your pass as regards access to all-areas-Tignes, including the glacier, right from day one of the season.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Does anybody know whether the Tignes resort stays open 7 days from 23rd November? or does it just open for that weekend?
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@bobski62,
I presume the pool entry is for the VdI one?
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
@Kenzie, indeed, the Val d'Isere pool, so not so useful to us Tignards unless you are having a day off and are happy to jump on the free bus there and back, with a day's shopping in between perhaps... Still awaiting a reply to my inquiry with STGM on whether Tignes will match the offer, their pool being rather more convenient.

@Gibbs_m, I am expecting it to open on 23rd November and stay that way until 4th May, but maybe @chocksaway can offer his thoughts / confirmation.
ski holidays
@Gibbs_m,
According to en.tignes.net yes, open all week.
snow report
@bobski62,
Thought the season pass in Tignes gives unlimited entry to la Lagon?
snow conditions
I thought it was only the weekly pass, but let's see what others reckon. It was St Foy that was more interesting for me tbh and a discount in La Rosiere. Though the latter they might have done before.
ski holidays
Quote:
I am expecting it to open on 23rd November and stay that way until 4th May
Quote:
According to en.tignes.net yes, open all week
Very Happy

snow conditions
AIUI, it will be a full opening and then 7 days a week. The definition of opening will depend on how much snow has landed where!

In my experience (15 years) a season pass has never included Lagon entrance, but short term passes have since the late noughties (at the time there was quite a hike in the weekly price of a lift pass - it was suggested that taking a few euros from each lift pass would clear the debt on the building of Le Lagon, this may of course be scurrilous urban myth.

But there are various Lagon season passes depending on what you want to use (pool, gym, human soup bowls).

There has always been a not very well advertised couple of days at St Foy on a season pass, and the hoops to achieve this kept changing, but the keyword at the lift office was polyvalence. The 3V/Parsdiski freebies went a while ago.
ski holidays
The following Tignes parking query has probably been asked before. If so, apologies. I've had a quick look through last winter's thread but there's so much on there that I've struggled to find what I'm after.

We're off to our Tignes apartment in the opening week of the season. Since they did away with all the free parking, we've only visited by bus transfer. However, as we're on a five night, low season, midweek to midweek trip this time, we're hiring a car from GVA.

I'd like to book parking in advance as this appears to be cheaper, but the Indigo website says the car parks use number plate recognition for bookings. Has anyone managed to somehow book in advance when arriving by (vehicle registration unknown) hire car? Cheers.
snow report
@mountainaddict, My mate did last year. There is a facility to change the plate, can’t remember how he did it though. Season passes also come with a digicode in case ANPR doesn’t work (covered in slush!). Not sure if this applies to short term passes.
snow conditions
Cheers @chocksaway. Will see if I can suss that out, or email them. Presumably could enter my UK reg. then alter it Puzzled
snow conditions
Still nothing on lift pass codes on the owners sites. But I have just received an Iliiwap message from the Marie saying reduced rate passes for workers etc will be available tomorrow.
ski holidays
@chocksaway, we were told the owners discount would not be available until 15/11.
latest report
@Ski lots, Okey Dokey. No rush then, credit card already overloaded!
latest report
Booking done for upcoming april. Still got to sort out lift passes. We are a family of four. Does it make sense to book them now or can we as well leave it to when we're getting there? Might that be even better? Some resorts regularly offer spring discounts (f.e. Valmorel, Kaprun), but Tignes maybe not? Thanks!
snow conditions
No discount when we went in April last year
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@Tristero, I got a 30% or 35% discount off a 6/7 day adult lift pass in Val d'Isere for Val/Tignes area going 13th to 20th April this year. The discount was only available for a few days online and purchased online a week or less before departure. I'd been in Val d'Isere about a month earlier and was able to upload the new 6 day pass details online onto my existing pass I purchased for the March 2024 trip.
ski holidays
@garfy1971, @Markscotski, Thank you both for your replies! 30% is huge! But I need to get going from Tignes and that can very well make a difference. Valmorel for exemple got a spring kids ski free discount, if you buy adults passes (1 for 1, iirc), which drops around february and is valid for the whole ski area (Le Grand Domaine), but can't be bought on the other side of the mountain in St. Francois-Longchamp.

Right now I can book 6=7 passes for the four of us (two adults, two kids) to the tune of €1260. They state a discount of €280. Is that the "normal" family reduction or a special offer that might vanish?
snow conditions
@Tristero, I can't comment I'm afraid regarding your enquiry directly above as I've never been to Valmorel.
snow conditions
I would say its comparable to last year. Last year the discount on 2 adults and 2 kids was e184. However the passes have gone up this year. E396 for an adult 6 days =7 days last year. This year it's e426
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy